2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Xyz22
Xyz22

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Vinlarr89 wrote:
21 Oct 2023, 00:23
Great lap, worried the car setup is going to be all wrong for the race though. Let’s see where tomorrow takes us I guess
You can't have great race pace with the SF 23 whatever the setup. We won't be as quick as McL or MB.

Didn't expect this performance today, though.

deadhead

dialtone wrote:
21 Oct 2023, 00:04
Give this man a car and he's going to win it all. Great talent.
That became pretty clear in the first half of 2022.. hopefully they can give him a competitive machine next season

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

https://imgur.com/a/8gqxcQy

Communication going well as usual :lol:

Z-one
Z-one

jambuka wrote:
20 Oct 2023, 23:47
AR3-GP wrote:
20 Oct 2023, 23:42
well well well :lol:

This is not bad looking at all.
car is bouncing like hell and unsettled. will be a bad race. just hope both cars finish
yes, at least we may be back to 1st half in 2022,bouncing with downforce. It is really a great upgrade comparing with Miami, but it is too late, because other team like mcl or RB have updated at least 1 year
The mankind’s courage and resolution will be witnessed and remembered by stars.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Amazing lap from Charles ! We'll see if this is just a "one-off" like Baku 2021 or the car has a real race pace. The high top speed might help

LM10
LM10

jambuka wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

car is bouncing like hell and unsettled. will be a bad race. just hope both cars finish
An unsettled car bouncing like hell took pole and doing so was absolutely hooked up through the esses.
Sometimes I’m amazed at the stuff written on here.

Vanja #66

Really good lap by Charles and a decent effort by Sainz. Car's (floor) aero seems fairly resistant to bumps - not a good thing overall since most track are smooth and the focus should be on extracting the maximal potential on most tracks...

Hopefully they can be sensible on the wall and come up with a strategy that will make sure they win again. And since they've already done it, use both drivers to get the one on pole the win.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I expect that Leclerc will again take pole in the Sprint qualifying. The medium-downforce is so much better in qualifying. The others (Merc/RB) are throwing away far too much free laptime on the straights.

Zynerji

AR3-GP wrote:
21 Oct 2023, 13:42
I expect that Leclerc will again take pole in the Sprint qualifying. The medium-downforce is so much better in qualifying. The others (Merc/RB) are throwing away far too much free laptime on the straights.
Let's see some tyre deg before we applaud too loudly. Pole means nothing if you end up needing 4 stops...😒

scuderiabrandon

Zynerji wrote:
21 Oct 2023, 13:51
AR3-GP wrote:
Let's see some tyre deg before we applaud too loudly. Pole means nothing if you end up needing 4 stops...😒
What does tyre deg have to do with pole position. My friend here was talking about sprint qualifying and how Charles might do it again. You are already assuming the deg will be bad with no data to suggest that is the case. And you are completely ignoring the fact that Ferrari's deg over the last few races have been comparable to that of Mercedes.

It is better to not make assumptions on sprint weekends. Also this track is one where you do not want to be following another car for too long, the dirty air will not be kind on the tyres here.

Z-one
Z-one

scuderiabrandon wrote:
21 Oct 2023, 15:42
Zynerji wrote:
21 Oct 2023, 13:51
AR3-GP wrote:
What does tyre deg have to do with pole position. My friend here was talking about sprint qualifying and how Charles might do it again. You are already assuming the deg will be bad with no data to suggest that is the case. And you are completely ignoring the fact that Ferrari's deg over the last few races have been comparable to that of Mercedes.

It is better to not make assumptions on sprint weekends. Also this track is one where you do not want to be following another car for too long, the dirty air will not be kind on the tyres here.
actually,I think trye deg is just a phenomena, the question is that lec may be very uncomfortable with high fuel, because higher fuel is equal to a more backward centre of gravity(understeer),in front limited circuit, Vulnerable front end may destroy front tyres, In this season, we found that sai may have a great pace than lec in higher fuel or in rear limited circuit, while in low fuel, everything will be reversed.

so what we may be worried about is the start(P2 may be a better position) and the first stint.

yes, I am agree with you, we should pay attention to sprint qualifying right now
The mankind’s courage and resolution will be witnessed and remembered by stars.

Vanja #66

Z-one wrote:
21 Oct 2023, 16:17
the question is that lec may be very uncomfortable with high fuel, because higher fuel is equal to a more backward centre of gravity(understeer)
Could you elaborate this?
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

jambuka wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

I think this is interesting because I agree that the car looks bouncy but Leclerc actually says that the car is handling the bumps well and it's giving them confidence in the high speed corners.
“It’s very bumpy here and the car definitely felt good on bumps today, which gives you quite a bit of confidence to push in all the high-speed, which normally is our weakness. Maybe because our car was good on those bumps, we could at least match the others.
https://www.racefans.net/2023/10/21/lec ... -time-ago/

organic

They have been good at bumpy tracks all year. It shouldn't be surprising

But it's a car characteristic that probably hurts them in other places. McLaren have given up the ability to ride bumps well in their huge strides forward.. so might be something required in order to be very quick in this regulation set

TFSA

Z-one wrote:the question is that lec may be very uncomfortable with high fuel, because higher fuel is equal to a more backward centre of gravity(understeer)
You got that reversed. Higher weight in the back of the car promotes oversteer, not understeer, because the lighter front will have more grip. As the car burns fuel, the rear end of the car becomes lighter and gains more grip, which then makes the car more understeery.