2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ME4ME

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

The investment the top teams are putting in is impressive. Aston Martin, but also Red Bull Powertrains and the video by AVL.

Really feels like Stroll wanted an entirely new, "perfect" facility rather than in any way being limited by the old one, even if it was only cosmetically.

Must be pretty nice to work there once it is all done. Remains to be seen if it will make the team any more successful or not though.

Waz
Waz

Here's a question - Mercedes upgraded the rear suspension earlier in the year.

Do AMR get that upgraded suspension too if they want? Or do they have to buy a season worth of parts up front?

KimiRai
KimiRai

diffuser wrote:
05 Aug 2024, 05:23
Silverstone update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFN7Dohw4D8
They've unlisted the video for some reason, funnily enough.

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
05 Aug 2024, 13:21
diffuser wrote:
Silverstone update

I can still get to it.

f1universe
f1universe

diffuser wrote:
05 Aug 2024, 16:23
KimiRai wrote:
diffuser wrote:
Silverstone update

I can still get to it.
As long as you have the link you can see it but it's unlisted.

diffuser

f1universe wrote:
05 Aug 2024, 16:57
diffuser wrote:
KimiRai wrote:

I can still get to it.

how's this?

zoroastar
zoroastar

diffuser wrote:
05 Aug 2024, 18:53
f1universe wrote:
05 Aug 2024, 16:57
diffuser wrote:

I can still get to it.

how's this?
https://youtu.be/hFN7Dohw4D8?si=e5nQqheq109abDz2
looks like they still have quite a bit of work to be done in the next month if they dont want paint crews to be interrupting their work haha. nice facility though. i may apply for a janitorial job there to see if i cant get some inside knowledge of their future car updates :)

KimiRai
KimiRai

Watto wrote:
05 Aug 2024, 15:31
I think a big reason Newey stayed at Red Bull so long was the lack of corporate culture he had in an interview somewhere about buillding out the engineering department if he wanted some new equipment or what ever you asked Mateschitz he asked for a business case to be make as long as he could justify the spend it got okayed. No boards to deal with penny pinching or things being done their way. As much I think newey had his times when le lost interest in F1 full time RB allowed him the time to work on other things and move in and out of F1 projects as he saw fit - no doubt he alway has a role. But was able to pick and choose. Now there is more a corporate look to RBR to deal with
If this is true then I believe Newey would find himself more at home at Aston Martin than any of the other choices. For all the talk that Lawrence Stroll could be a negative, in a way I see it differently - despite its differences and faults it reminds me of Mateschitz in embodying the figure of one man at the top who is extremely passionate. The lack of corporate shenanigans he'd have to deal with at Ferrari and which now after the death of Mateschitz have been appearing at Red Bull. I guess we'll have to see if he thinks the same...

zoroastar
zoroastar

KimiRai wrote:
06 Aug 2024, 07:08
Watto wrote:
05 Aug 2024, 15:31
I think a big reason Newey stayed at Red Bull so long was the lack of corporate culture he had in an interview somewhere about buillding out the engineering department if he wanted some new equipment or what ever you asked Mateschitz he asked for a business case to be make as long as he could justify the spend it got okayed. No boards to deal with penny pinching or things being done their way. As much I think newey had his times when le lost interest in F1 full time RB allowed him the time to work on other things and move in and out of F1 projects as he saw fit - no doubt he alway has a role. But was able to pick and choose. Now there is more a corporate look to RBR to deal with
If this is true then I believe Newey would find himself more at home at Aston Martin than any of the other choices. For all the talk that Lawrence Stroll could be a negative, in a way I see it differently - despite its differences and faults it reminds me of Mateschitz in embodying the figure of one man at the top who is extremely passionate. The lack of corporate shenanigans he'd have to deal with at Ferrari and which now after the death of Mateschitz have been appearing at Red Bull. I guess we'll have to see if he thinks the same...
i tend to agree. i dont even like speaking of it really. but aston is a little like redbull was in the 2000's. a team under new management, with not many prior ties to f1, willing to sink gobs of money into winning. im sure the brand new, "state of the art" factory, could be molded into whatever he wanted, as long as he is given the power to do it. seems like a pretty good destination from the outside

Nikosar
Nikosar

Otmar telling the truth but not giving the solutions... :

https://www.si.com/fannation/racing/f1b ... j4hc539a6y

“They were maybe the sixth or seventh fastest team at Silverstone. My anticipation was that they would be fighting for the top three, or definitely the top four. So there’s something amiss there or adrift. I don’t know what that is, you’ve got to be close to it to understand what it is," he elaborated.

The businessman questioned the internal dynamics within the Silverstone-based squad, asking whether the team was effectively collaborating and if leadership sufficiently understands the intricate trade-offs required in building a racing car capable of leading a race, covering areas like aerodynamics, mechanics, and drivability by drivers.

“Is it really a great place to work? Are they really collaborating? Is everyone pulling in the same direction?" he asked.

KimiRai
KimiRai

And just like that, after I was done replying... Newey has chosen Aston Martin apparently! :D

yooogurt wrote:
06 Aug 2024, 10:18
Ferrari turns down Newey's requests and he turns towards Aston Martin.
Adrian Newey has made his choice: no Ferrari for him, he will go to daddy Stroll at Aston Martin. This news will become official in September.

Factors that, if accepted by Maranello, would have bypassed not only the team principal but also, in some ways, CEO Vigna as well. Something that eventually persuaded Vasseur (it is plausible to think with the assent of the ownership) to desist in what had probably already become a two-man bidding war (Ferrari and Aston Martin) after the other presumed players, e.g. McLaren and Mercedes, for one reason or another had defected almost immediately. In short, for the fourth time, Adrian would say no to Maranello's offers. Or rather, the two would not agree.

And, if things are as described by Corriere dello Sport and Autosprint, hard to totally blame the redhead. A brand like Maranello could hardly have tolerated such a broad delegation of power to Newey. And it fits. But someone else, including yours truly, thinks instead that, whatever the cost, such a brilliant and creative mind was worth any request, if you can call it that. Also because, and here there is really food for thought, we still do not know the "final" Ferrari organizational chart, with whom Cardile will be replaced and so on.

We imagine that the motto will be "the team counts." And let's hope they are right in Maranello, although reasoned concerns come, given these past few years, that this will be enough to attempt an assault on the world title. Not unimportant questions that cast an ominous shadow over the redhead's future years in F1. Elkann promised that the title would be won before reaching Ferrari's devastating historical fast, that is, the fateful 21 years (1979-2000). Some doubt (and doom and gloom) comes to Ferrari fans as they are just a handful of years away from breaking that ugly record.

The big and final "no" then, has arrived, because in all likelihood this will be Newey's last work experience before his golden retirement. That is, unless there is some other twist, at the present state of things highly unlikely if not impossible, between now and September. But as we know, reality often surpasses fantasy....
https://www.funoanalisitecnica.com/2024 ... to-f1.html
Last edited by KimiRai on 06 Aug 2024, 10:54, edited 2 times in total.

Nikosar
Nikosar

KimiRai wrote:
06 Aug 2024, 10:21
And just like that... Newey has chosen Aston Martin apparently! :D

yooogurt wrote:
06 Aug 2024, 10:18
Ferrari turns down Newey's requests and he turns towards Aston Martin.
Adrian Newey has made his choice: no Ferrari for him, he will go to daddy Stroll at Aston Martin. This news will become official in September.

Factors that, if accepted by Maranello, would have bypassed not only the team principal but also, in some ways, CEO Vigna as well. Something that eventually persuaded Vasseur (it is plausible to think with the assent of the ownership) to desist in what had probably already become a two-man bidding war (Ferrari and Aston Martin) after the other presumed players, e.g. McLaren and Mercedes, for one reason or another had defected almost immediately. In short, for the fourth time, Adrian would say no to Maranello's offers. Or rather, the two would not agree.

And, if things are as described by Corriere dello Sport and Autosprint, hard to totally blame the redhead. A brand like Maranello could hardly have tolerated such a broad delegation of power to Newey. And it fits. But someone else, including yours truly, thinks instead that, whatever the cost, such a brilliant and creative mind was worth any request, if you can call it that. Also because, and here there is really food for thought, we still do not know the "final" Ferrari organizational chart, with whom Cardile will be replaced and so on.

We imagine that the motto will be "the team counts." And let's hope they are right in Maranello, although reasoned concerns come, given these past few years, that this will be enough to attempt an assault on the world title. Not unimportant questions that cast an ominous shadow over the redhead's future years in F1. Elkann promised that the title would be won before reaching Ferrari's devastating historical fast, that is, the fateful 21 years (1979-2000). Some doubt (and doom and gloom) comes to Ferrari fans as they are just a handful of years away from breaking that ugly record.

The big and final "no" then, has arrived, because in all likelihood this will be Newey's last work experience before his golden retirement. That is, unless there is some other twist, at the present state of things highly unlikely if not impossible, between now and September. But as we know, reality often surpasses fantasy....
https://www.funoanalisitecnica.com/2024 ... to-f1.html
Also Szafnauer noted that Newey's impact on the 2026 car might be limited due to the timing of his departure from Red Bull.

"By April of next year, most teams will have that aerodynamic sprint going already, for the following year."

- He added that Newey has consistently excelled during major rule changes. Newey is known for avoiding meetings where rules are debated and written, preferring to "just read them for what they are and not be tainted with knowing where the rules came from, so he can find loopholes."

- Szafnauer stated, "If he’s coming in April, he’ll have an impact, less of an impact on the ‘26 car than maybe a midseason upgrade or the ‘27 car, but still an impact."

- By April, teams will have significant progress on key components like the gearbox design, and the aerodynamicists will be focusing on the 2026 car.

So let's see. Hoping that he can have an impact on the 26' car

KimiRai
KimiRai

Now just one month left to wait for confirmation if this is indeed real or just a dream! The longest month of my life :lol:

-wkst-
-wkst-

Hopefully AMR can already get him at the start of the year.

On the other side, Newey won't be the guy who goes to work everyday, sitting in the AMRTC, overseeing the work of the technicans (that's the job of "organizer" Cardile). He's is obviously the guy for the "bigger picture". There will be ways that he can see the current status of the 2026 project and influence it with own ideas. From his home in the UK or South Africa...

That Lawrence Stroll will push hard to get VER is pretty logical for me, it's Mercedes or Aston Martin for him in 2026 in my opinion. Could be the irony of fate for ALO that he once choosed the right team (which AMR definitely is for the future), waits patiently now while driving --- cars, and once he has the right car gets the boot because they signed VER...

f1universe
f1universe

The cover says Stroll Sr. want Max too.