2024 MoneyGram Haas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
continuum16

Re: 2024 MoneyGram Haas F1 Team

For me this team has been the surprise of the season. As others have mentioned it's almost unbelievable that they have a) kept up with or exceed the quantity of developments of their main rivals (which I'm counting as everyone outside the top 4 teams), but b) they actually seem to have been immediately effective. I don't think this has been the case since 2018, if ever. This is more impressive when you consider that Ferrari, with 50% of the same car (PU, suspension at least) and same WT has not been able to do so.

I don't put any real stock in the Toyota rumors but the fact that such rumors can even exist and are not seen immediately as an absolute joke is a compliment in my book. Even 6 months ago you would have said such a thing is crazy but they are currently the top non-manufacturer team (if you consider that VCARB is off the table for any OEM partnerships) in the WCC.

For 2025 Bearman offers a lot of upside even if it will be difficult to replace Hulkenberg. Assuming MAG is gone and the rumors that Ocon is coming in are true, I think they can probably back up this performance next year. I am not a personal fan of Ocon or how he conducts himself with his teammates but I do think he is very fast. Magnussen-esque but faster IMO. One thing I found interesting from Bearman's announcement is Komatsu saying they are basically "restarting the team" from here. I guess this could lean into the Toyota theory even if I think it's more from a driver perspective than anything else. https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... 7gesQ5dAz3

It won't happen since he wants a long-term project but honestly if I were Sainz and I really thought I could get another top seat in 2026 or 2027 I would seriously consider Haas on a 1+1 deal with a driver option. It's got to be the most similar to Ferrari in terms of car characteristics and since next year's cars will be carryovers from this year you'd think that he could still regularly fight for points given the team's current competitiveness. Could Williams or Alpine jump them next year? Sure, although I doubt it would be by much considering the carryover from this year that is expected. I doubt Sauber/Audi would, especially in their lame-duck Ferrari PU season.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

dennis h
dennis h

More good news : They are now a growing team in personnel numbers but with the fewest job adds that I have seen. One in Italy, five in England and one IT internship is all they have at the moment. They are not making a splash with big names but are filling staff requirements. More good times ahead? Time will tell.

FW17

Toyota Germany looking for a new customer for their windtunnel and its facilities in exchange for some stickers

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Ocon to Haas on a multi year deal confirmed.

dodds_turbo

CjC
CjC

Just how does he keep managing to find race seats?? #-o
Just a fan's point of view

maygun
maygun

CjC wrote:
25 Jul 2024, 11:07
Because he is fast?

CjC
CjC

maygun wrote:
25 Jul 2024, 16:19
CjC wrote:
25 Jul 2024, 11:07
Because he is fast?
Is he though?
Merc shunned him.
If he is ‘fast’ surely his crash-ability out weighs his ‘speed’??
Just a fan's point of view

Jurgen von Diaz

Ferrari rookie and Ocon. Smells like a potentially busy work nights for the mechanics and the guys at the spare parts factory. Good luck, Gene!

dennis h
dennis h

Looks like Ocon has been unhappy for a while:

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formula-1/ ... 49032.html

Jurgen von Diaz

dennis h wrote:Looks like Ocon has been unhappy for a while:

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formula-1/ ... 49032.html
Typical statement after being fired.