2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mwillems

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

Gut Feeling Update:

Based on nothing, well no based on the fact that I feel that the update we brought last week has allowed us to be more efficient in how we create DF and added more DF to the car, I feel like this is going to be a good weekend. The car is fast. We have a fast Qualy car so it bodes well for a sprint race in many ways. Temps are up so getting the tyre into the window will be easier, and hopefully the car allows us to keep it in the window. The soft tyre is the C3 so we hopefully will be able to see the car go full beans without being hindered by more tyre management than others.

And it's the home grand prix and I just feel like Karma is smiling on us this year.

Go Mclaren!

* This piece in no way tries to carry fact and push an opinion. Side effects caused by this opinion are that entirely the opposite can happen or you may feel some disagreement, or in the cases of some strange people, levels of anger, a meteor could hit the earth or Ron Dennis could buy a stake in Saudi Arabia. Other opinions are available. May contain nuts. Is definitely written by an idiot.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

ScottR267
ScottR267

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

No soft tyre run?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Macklaren
Macklaren

Ground Effect wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 16:29
No soft tyre run?
So odd -- esp. when the team openly put it on the teamstream and said that is very different than what others are doing. saving tires for quali? extreme confidence?
but damn that was a good laptime on Meds from Lando. Daniel looking confident as well

Xero

No soft tyre run, interesting! Look rapid on the mediums though, could be a great weekend.

BosF1
BosF1

If everything pans out, Norris might be P2 after qualifying on genuine pace..

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

mwillems wrote:Gut Feeling Update:

Based on nothing, well no based on the fact that I feel that the update we brought last week has allowed us to be more efficient in how we create DF and added more DF to the car, I feel like this is going to be a good weekend. The car is fast. We have a fast Qualy car so it bodes well for a sprint race in many ways. Temps are up so getting the tyre into the window will be easier, and hopefully the car allows us to keep it in the window. The soft tyre is the C3 so we hopefully will be able to see the car go full beans without being hindered by more tyre management than others.

And it's the home grand prix and I just feel like Karma is smiling on us this year.

Go Mclaren!

* This piece in no way tries to carry fact and push an opinion. Side effects caused by this opinion are that entirely the opposite can happen or you may feel some disagreement, or in the cases of some strange people, levels of anger, a meteor could hit the earth or Ron Dennis could buy a stake in Saudi Arabia. Other opinions are available. May contain nuts. Is definitely written by an idiot.
Hahaha… You just made my morning!!! I needed that after a not very pleasant flying experience as we speak

I do agree with you though :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thestig84
thestig84

Xero wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 16:34
No soft tyre run, interesting! Look rapid on the mediums though, could be a great weekend.
I'm guessing they are happy enough to use early stages of qualifying to fine tune for the soft tyres. In turn giving them the luxury of an extra fresh tyre run that not many other teams now have.

mwillems

:mrgreen:
SmallSoldier wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 16:52

Go Mclaren!

Hahaha… You just made my morning!!! I needed that after a not very pleasant flying experience as we speak

:mrgreen:

I think the heat has affected me! Glad you enjoyed my inanity :D

-Bandit

mwillems

SmallSoldier wrote:

Go Mclaren!

Morning? Where are you?

I used to have to travel for work, back in my twenties. Staying in hotels drove me mad after a while, aside from Jet Lag. In fact part of the reason for my silliness was getting a role today for a bank where I can work from home for 4 days a week, in fact don't think I could ever go back to the travel again, maybe once in a while! It had some very enjoyable perks however as I'm sure you enjoy, eating out, meeting people, lovely hotels. But my companies always sent me cattle class, which I hated :mrgreen:

I heard about the rule of dressing smart for the flight because the companies didn't like to have empty seats in premier class, so I'd go in shoes, trousers and shirt and as often as not get upgraded. They'd make a phone call at the check in desk, to which I'd imagine there was a supervisor who was able to see me via a camera, and decided if I could be one of those folks! Only Airtline I struggled with was BA, who's staff tended to act quite.... entitled...!

-Bandit

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

mwillems wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:

Go Mclaren!

Morning? Where are you?

I used to have to travel for work, back in my twenties. Staying in hotels drove me mad after a while, aside from Jet Lag. In fact part of the reason for my silliness was getting a role today for a bank where I can work from home for 4 days a week, in fact don't think I could ever go back to the travel again, maybe once in a while! It had some very enjoyable perks however as I'm sure you enjoy, eating out, meeting people, lovely hotels. But my companies always sent me cattle class, which I hated :mrgreen:

I heard about the rule of dressing smart for the flight because the companies didn't like to have empty seats in premier class, so I'd go in shoes, trousers and shirt and as often as not get upgraded. They'd make a phone call at the check in desk, to which I'd imagine there was a supervisor who was able to see me via a camera, and decided if I could be one of those folks! Only Airtline I struggled with was BA, who's staff tended to act quite.... entitled...!
Wow! Getting dressed up to fly? That’s a no-no for me… As comfortable as possible, but not on sweat pants (unless is an overnight flight of 6+ hours… For those, I wear my PJ’s!)

I’m in the US… That’s why sometimes I’m pretty late to the conversations some of you have

I would say that I travel my fair share… Already a 2 million miler with Delta Airlines and million miler with American Airlines… I have top status, so I get upgraded fairly often (even if on jeans and golf shirt).

Flying back home from some meetings in NY… 4 more hours in the air and I’ll be home!!! I’ll follow qualifying with the fans here… I won’t be able to see it since the internet in the plane blocks F1TV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macklaren
Macklaren

SmallSoldier wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 18:04
mwillems wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:

Morning? Where are you?

Wow! Getting dressed up to fly? That’s a no-no for me… As comfortable as possible, but not on sweat pants (unless is an overnight flight of 6+ hours… For those, I wear my PJ’s!)

I’m in the US… That’s why sometimes I’m pretty late to the conversations some of you have

I would say that I travel my fair share… Already a 2 million miler with Delta Airlines and million miler with American Airlines… I have top status, so I get upgraded fairly often (even if on jeans and golf shirt).

Flying back home from some meetings in NY… 4 more hours in the air and I’ll be home!!! I’ll follow qualifying with the fans here… I won’t be able to see it since the internet in the plane blocks F1TV

you should be able to catch quali on ESPN if they have live TV on board though (most DAL and AAL flights should have it esp. long haul)

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Macklaren wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
mwillems wrote: Morning? Where are you?

you should be able to catch quali on ESPN if they have live TV on board though (most DAL and AAL flights should have it esp. long haul)
Ha! Didn’t think about it!!! Thanks!

Now I’m ready for Qualifying!

Macklaren
Macklaren

NICE!!

mwillems

SmallSoldier wrote:
mwillems wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:

Morning? Where are you?

Nice, I'd love to be flying to New York for meetings, it's a place in the US I've wanted to go to! Most of my work in the US was in California so I'd be staying in a hotel in Costa Mesa. Now that travel I didn't mind, as popping to Huntingdon beach at the weekend and getting an oreo shake on the pier was always a treat. Or sunbathing by the Santa Monica voleyball courts.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

When I was single of course....

Edit: I'm in the UK, but my teeth are not bad!

-Bandit