2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

mwillems wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 18:04
mwillems wrote: Morning? Where are you?

I used to have to travel for work, back in my twenties. Staying in hotels drove me mad after a while, aside from Jet Lag. In fact part of the reason for my silliness was getting a role today for a bank where I can work from home for 4 days a week, in fact don't think I could ever go back to the travel again, maybe once in a while! It had some very enjoyable perks however as I'm sure you enjoy, eating out, meeting people, lovely hotels. But my companies always sent me cattle class, which I hated :mrgreen:

I heard about the rule of dressing smart for the flight because the companies didn't like to have empty seats in premier class, so I'd go in shoes, trousers and shirt and as often as not get upgraded. They'd make a phone call at the check in desk, to which I'd imagine there was a supervisor who was able to see me via a camera, and decided if I could be one of those folks! Only Airtline I struggled with was BA, who's staff tended to act quite.... entitled...!
Wow! Getting dressed up to fly? That’s a no-no for me… As comfortable as possible, but not on sweat pants (unless is an overnight flight of 6+ hours… For those, I wear my PJ’s!)

I’m in the US… That’s why sometimes I’m pretty late to the conversations some of you have

I would say that I travel my fair share… Already a 2 million miler with Delta Airlines and million miler with American Airlines… I have top status, so I get upgraded fairly often (even if on jeans and golf shirt).

Flying back home from some meetings in NY… 4 more hours in the air and I’ll be home!!! I’ll follow qualifying with the fans here… I won’t be able to see it since the internet in the plane blocks F1TV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice, I'd love to be flying to New York for meetings, it's a place in the US I've wanted to go to! Most of my work in the US was in California so I'd be staying in a hotel in Costa Mesa. Now that travel I didn't mind, as popping to Huntingdon beach at the weekend and getting an oreo shake on the pier was always a treat. Or sunbathing by the Santa Monica voleyball courts.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

When I was single of course....

Edit: I'm in the UK, but my teeth are not bad!
My only issue is that I’m usually in London late fall early spring… Therefore never close to F1 season to take advantage… Hope to be able to match schedules to a couple of races next year when things normalize a bit :)

mwillems

SmallSoldier wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 18:42
My only issue is that I’m usually in London late fall early spring… Therefore never close to F1 season to take advantage… Hope to be able to match schedules to a couple of races next year when things normalize a bit :)

Silverstone is a great place to attend. But like all GPs, it's often more enjoyable to watch the race itself on TV than at the track, so I watch on my tablet at the track and enjoy the events they put on, particularly the interviews on the stage and the music. When I last went was the third or fourth season of the new engines and it shocked me just how quiet they were and how much they manufactured the noise on TV. I could stand next to the track and hold a perfectly normal conversation.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

2021 Mclaren F1 Team

mwillems wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 18:42

Silverstone is a great place to attend. But like all GPs, it's often more enjoyable to watch the race itself on TV than at the track, so I watch on my tablet at the track and enjoy the events they put on, particularly the interviews on the stage and the music. When I last went was the third or fourth season of the new engines and it shocked me just how quiet they were and how much they manufactured the noise on TV. I could stand next to the track and hold a perfectly normal conversation.
That quiet??? Would have never imagined!

I have watched F1 for a bit more than 30 years and have never been to a race… For whatever reason, I’m in a different country to where the race is held every single time! (Like, for COTA, ever year I’m out of the country)… I was in São Paulo, but was there the week before Interlagos…

I guess I just need to take vacations and commit to going to a GP, but Silverstone and SPA are the ones on top of my list of GP’s to attend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Let's go for "pole".

You can sayy I am overly optimistic :).

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

FittingMechanics wrote:Let's go for "pole".

You can sayy I am overly optimistic :).
I like your optimism! Those good vibes will pay off

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Dani Ric “only” 0.45 from Lando so far… A little improvement over previous sessions, but he needs to find at least 3 tenths to be safe… Suprising though that Ferrari is 3 tenths ahead of Mclaren… That first run from both was on the slow side… Norris did his best time on his second flying lap.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Nicely done by both drivers!

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Lando doesn't look as strong as in Austria. Ricciardo looks better. Team looks 3rd best but not with a big margin.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

FittingMechanics wrote:Lando doesn't look as strong as in Austria. Ricciardo looks better. Team looks 3rd best but not with a big margin.
It will be tight… But the team may have some pace still on hand

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Daniel really looking strong so far… Which is fantastic news!!! So glad that he is closing the gap… Hopefully this is the weekend where the MCL35M and RIC finally click together.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

SmallSoldier wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 19:34
Daniel really looking strong so far… Which is fantastic news!!! So glad that he is closing the gap… Hopefully this is the weekend where the MCL35M and RIC finally click together.

Maybe Lando is just having an off weekend due to the lack of running and psychological effects of the mugging.

Hopefully Ricciardo caught up and we get two strong drivers from now on.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

FittingMechanics wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 19:34

Maybe Lando is just having an off weekend due to the lack of running and psychological effects of the mugging.

Hopefully Ricciardo caught up and we get two strong drivers from now on.
Could be… I’m just glad that RIC is up there, driving well and with very decent pace… Past sessions do make you wonder if Lando is just having a bad day though

runningmanz
runningmanz

Both guys scrape through to q3. Did Dan abort his last run at the end?

Macklaren
Macklaren

Quali relative pace so far nowhere near FP1. Was not running the soft a mistake? Hope they both have something left in the tank

thestig84
thestig84

He didn't abort. Least we got 2 sets for Q3 now