2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
tonmeister
tonmeister

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

U guys suggesting that Alonso quit deliberately? Any proof of that? Did you guys watch his race start, by any chance? some people...

nzjrs

Dimi wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 15:52
RedNEO wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 15:19
Dimi wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 15:08
The most embarrassing thing about honda is that they still paying this a$$h@le..
Honda fans really are the worst of the worst.
I may be the worst of them. And I apologize to you for destroying this mood of politeness, respect and deep technical understanding that you are trying for so long to create. :oops: :oops:
Honestly, moderators can you just lock the mclaren threads. I come here and the whole page is just hidden bickering posts of ignored users screaming at others through teary eyes.

JonoNic

Maybe Alonso can try to get in at the currently volitile Force India? Sorry about the speculation.
Always find the gap then use it.

Sayeman

JonoNic wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 15:58
Maybe Alonso can try to get in at the currently volitile Force India? Sorry about the speculation.
He has already rejected 60% of teams media says
Never Give up.

OviJohn
OviJohn

tonmeister wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 15:51
U guys suggesting that Alonso quit deliberately? Any proof of that? Did you guys watch his race start, by any chance? some people...
You be the judge (And then of course buy w/e PR the team comes out with to justify it)

GhostF1
GhostF1

tonmeister wrote:
To be honest, it seems to be his favourite thing to do as of late. He gets pissed off with every overtake on him, moans over the radio a few times then suddenly the engine "has a problem" on the last corner before the pitlane entry and when he pulls up, just gets ready to reverse in even though the pit guys are waiting for him to pull up at the usual spot. Pattern is too obvious now. I understand frustration, but for what he is paid, his responsibility to his fans which he disregards when the red mist comes over him, gosh it makes it hard to sympathise with him.

f1universe
f1universe

tonmeister wrote:
I think they retired the car because Alonso didn't want to race anymore, and I think this is not the first time.

Check the radio, Alonso asked if there is any rain coming, engineer said NO, Alonso one minute later said NO POWER and retired the car. Feels to convenient but obviously there is no way to prove it so I guess is a matter of opinion.

Is going to be sad if Alonso leaves the team, you can tell he really likes McLaren this time but Honda is too incompetent, 3 years wasted and the updates keep failing or delivering very little, how can anyone have faith in Honda for next year?, at this point is all empty promises.

Andres125sx

And again, people going crazy after a predictable poor race...

Alonso might be frustrated, period, but some others who are writting here seems to top him. He retired with no reason? Did you watch the race, his start, his fights even pushing Palmer (it was Palmer?) out of track while desperately trying to defend position? Did you read people reporting an odd sound on his PU before the retirment?

It´s almost funny how those who accuse Alonso of unbearable tantrums, are constantly throwing unbearable tantrums to the forum :roll:

Andres125sx

MotoManiac wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 15:26
RedNEO wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 15:24
proteus wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 15:16

It was sarcasm....
Yeah sorry, would have helped if you put an emoji since there's people here who are straight up just bashing Alonso.
Maybe you should learn to recognize sarcasm instead of writing rubbish
Recognizing sarcasm without any smilie is pretty difficult, you can´t know what´s the mood of someone you can´t see and don´t know. When you talk face to face with someone, most information comes from bodylanguage, gestures and intonation, much more than it comes from the exact words you´re saying, but on forums we can´t see if the poster was laughing, serious, or screaming like crazy, so without any smilie there´s no way to know if it´s sarcasm or not.

That´s the reason for smilies, they add information about poster mood to make it easier for readers to get if he´s being sarcastic, comic, serious, or if he´s happy, angry, frustrated...

proteus

Andres125sx wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 16:45
MotoManiac wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 15:26
RedNEO wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 15:24

Yeah sorry, would have helped if you put an emoji since there's people here who are straight up just bashing Alonso.
Maybe you should learn to recognize sarcasm instead of writing rubbish
Recognizing sarcasm without any smilie is pretty difficult, you can´t know what´s the mood of someone you can´t see and don´t know. When you talk face to face with someone, most information comes from bodylanguage, gestures and intonation, much more than it comes from the exact words you´re saying, but on forums we can´t see if the poster was laughing, serious, or screaming like crazy, so without any smilie there´s no way to know if it´s sarcasm or not.

That´s the reason for smilies, they add information about poster mood to make it easier for readers to get if he´s being sarcastic, comic, serious, or if he´s happy, angry, frustrated...
I though that the part which contained "fighting for victory" was enough to be recognized as sarcasm.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

HPD

I like Alonso, but he's still an employee. You must learn to respect your team.
In my country, if you speak ill of your boss ... then you will be fired.

Sevach
Sevach

Alonso is gonna go to Renault, he can't take this anymore.

Alonso Fan

GhostF1 wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 16:26
tonmeister wrote:
To be honest, it seems to be his favourite thing to do as of late. He gets pissed off with every overtake on him, moans over the radio a few times then suddenly the engine "has a problem" on the last corner before the pitlane entry and when he pulls up, just gets ready to reverse in even though the pit guys are waiting for him to pull up at the usual spot. Pattern is too obvious now. I understand frustration, but for what he is paid, his responsibility to his fans which he disregards when the red mist comes over him, gosh it makes it hard to sympathise with him.
You say it as though he has done nothing for this team all season and has been retiring on purpose every other race.

I don't like it either since I'd still rather see him in the race showing the youngsters how to race but I can understand how he feels after 3 years
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

GhostF1
GhostF1

Alonso Fan wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 17:00
GhostF1 wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 16:26
tonmeister wrote:
You say it as though he has done nothing for this team all season and has been retiring on purpose every other race.

I don't like it either since I'd still rather see him in the race showing the youngsters how to race but I can understand how he feels after 3 years
I'm not implying that at all. I love the dude, he's a magician behind the wheel and I'm thankful we have him, he brings a lot to the team but as I said, I completely understand the frustration he's got but I'm not going to say that should excuse a driver, especially someone with his profile, from their other responsibilities.

Lewis annoyed me a while ago as well with his horrendous attitude in the conferences and one word answers. Just non engaging in general. He's shake that since though.

diffuser

HPD wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 16:51
I like Alonso, but he's still an employee. You must learn to respect your team.
In my country, if you speak ill of your boss ... then you will be fired.
That is true for the u and me types, not is not true for the ALO types. I would go as far as saying that this is being recommended by McLaren to increase the pressure on Honda.