Moving F1-Staff

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ScottR267
ScottR267

Re: Moving F1-Staff

James Vowles saying in the media Williams made 30 odd signings of engineers joining the team shortly. Be interesting to note who they are and from which teams

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

ScottR267 wrote:
08 Jun 2024, 20:31
James Vowles saying in the media Williams made 30 odd signings of engineers joining the team shortly. Be interesting to note who they are and from which teams
If most of them are from Mercedes I have no more worlds. It is not normal. Red Bull and Ferrari have large organisations too but it is not happening to them what is happening at Mercedes. Im always afraid to read this page every time that I receive notification that someone posted on the moving staff.

ScottR267
ScottR267

Stefano Sordo ex Red Bull and McLaren is joining Sauber as performance director

ralphster7
ralphster7

Some Williams Moves I missed:
- Daniel Picariello (Head of Direct Procurement) ex Haas and Mercedes
- James Green (Head of Operational Programme) ex Mercedes Brixworth.
This suggests that Williams are focusing on growing the manufacturing / supply chain capacity.

ScottR267
ScottR267

Gareth Read joined Williams from Mercedes as head of methods engineering

agnideep
agnideep

maybe mike elloit be joining them...lawrence baretto said someone very experienced personnel will be joining williams

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

ralphster7 wrote:
10 Jun 2024, 14:43
Some Williams Moves I missed:
- Daniel Picariello (Head of Direct Procurement) ex Haas and Mercedes
- James Green (Head of Operational Programme) ex Mercedes Brixworth.
This suggests that Williams are focusing on growing the manufacturing / supply chain capacity.
Why always from Mercedes? ](*,) Leave us alone James Vowles. Go and fish at Ferrari and Red Bull. All the the midlefield teams are fishing at Mercedes? Ferrari too has a large organisation. Why dont they get from there.

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

ScottR267 wrote:
10 Jun 2024, 18:29
Gareth Read joined Williams from Mercedes as head of methods engineering
There are too many. I know that it is a technical forum and its not normal to cry so much about what a team is doing or not. But Im desperate. As a loyal Mercedes fan (since 1997 when they were together with Mclaren with West as a sponsor, Mobil 1, Mika and Davis as drivers) it hurts so much. Why are we so weak? What has Red Bull and Ferrari and Mercedes not, that they cant stop this people to go. I dont think that becaus eof the budget cap. We are like a open market. Get them the money and put them to work. Im starting to blame Ola Kallenius for all of this. Elkan is pushing for more investment, while Ola is ruining the team. I know he has just 33% but ultimately he has the upper hand not Totto or Ractliffe.

hollus

I know that it is a technical forum and its not normal to cry so much about what a team is doing or not.
Agreed. Enough, please.
Rivals, not enemies.

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

Matthew Ranft from AlphaTauri to Mercedes as Lead Performance & Simulation Engineer. Before Alpha he worked for a long time for Red Bull.

ScottR267
ScottR267

mclaren_mircea wrote:
12 Jun 2024, 16:10
Matthew Ranft from AlphaTauri to Mercedes as Lead Performance & Simulation Engineer. Before Alpha he worked for a long time for Red Bull.
Not everyone is leaving Mercedes after all 😉

Luscion
Luscion

Sándor Perjés, ex mechanical design engineer at Koenigsegg has joined Mercedes as a test and development design engineer

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

@F1MercHub
10h
🚨 | Mercedes will have new staff joining the team.

Mercedes will hire top level personnel.

Toto Wolff explains that, behind the scenes, work is still ongoing to strengthen the team.

Mercedes want the strongest possible technical team before 2026.

[@formu1a__uno]

Mr Brooksy

ScottR267 wrote:
08 Jun 2024, 20:31
Really looking forward to reading who these engineers are. JV had said some are big names...
Finally seems like our once dominant team is on the road to recovery!
WilliamsF1 fan since 1989

ScottR267
ScottR267

Adam Kenyon promoted to head of aerodynamics at Williams