2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
zibby43
zibby43

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

LM10 wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 10:32
The imagination of a single person's invention having been the silver bullet which brought Mercedes 7 titles is... strange to say the least. :)

Maybe that's the reason why Mercedes has been the only low-rake car out there in all these years? :lol:

But they've not at all times had a car which was kind to it's rear tyres. Think of the diva in 2017. Their brilliant rear tyre wear rather started with the arrival of a certain person called Mr. Allison. The question is: Slo Poke or James Allison? =D>

Anyway, even though I'm a Ferrari fan and know they won't be anywhere near mixing with Mercedes and RedBull this season, I'm almost as equally excited as I was in the last few years when I thought Ferrari was going to fight for the title. This time it's because I can sense the most serious title fight since 2014 - between Mercedes and RBR obviously.
I actually think Ferrari is going to be in the mix with RBR. Red Bull had the comfort of a no man’s land behind them all last year.

I don’t think that’ll be the case this year, and I’m surprised to see so many RBR fans write them off. Especially after what I saw from their launch today.

etusch

Nothing to see special but I just like it

Sieper

zibby43 wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 21:49
LM10 wrote:
The imagination of a single person's invention having been the silver bullet which brought Mercedes 7 titles is... strange to say the least. :)

Maybe that's the reason why Mercedes has been the only low-rake car out there in all these years? :lol:

But they've not at all times had a car which was kind to it's rear tyres. Think of the diva in 2017. Their brilliant rear tyre wear rather started with the arrival of a certain person called Mr. Allison. The question is: Slo Poke or James Allison? =D>

Anyway, even though I'm a Ferrari fan and know they won't be anywhere near mixing with Mercedes and RedBull this season, I'm almost as equally excited as I was in the last few years when I thought Ferrari was going to fight for the title. This time it's because I can sense the most serious title fight since 2014 - between Mercedes and RBR obviously.
I actually think Ferrari is going to be in the mix with RBR. Red Bull had the comfort of a no man’s land behind them all last year.

I don’t think that’ll be the case this year, and I’m surprised to see so many RBR fans write them off. Especially after what I saw from their launch today.
I am not surprised to see a merc fan write off both RBR ánd Ferrari :D

zibby43
zibby43

Sieper wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 00:03
zibby43 wrote:
LM10 wrote:

Who would that be? I'm not writing either off.

teemah
teemah

Loving this guy, what an asset to any team.

adrianjordan

Slo Poke wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 20:22
adrianjordan wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 19:50
Slo Poke wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 16:40

Wouter:
Directly after the Austrian race last year, I sent in to RedBull Racing information pertaining to an invention that I created. No-one else created it, I did. That is how I know the Honda engine and the electrification of it will, coupled with Mr. Newey’s supremacy with chassis’s, provide you and I with proper formula one racing this year.
Now! The invention was originally sent in to Brackely two races prior to end of 2013 mainly because I became very seriously ill and in desperation I unloaded to them, for which I received a ‘now piss off’ reply. I think I’m right to help out RedBull Honda as both are Competitors and not posers and I wish them well.
As for the radio exchange Bono to Russell. What’s actually happening there is when Bono says switch magic on, the magic is no longer in operation. Then when Bono says switch magic off the magic is actually working. It’s a mislead, a hoodwink concocted to keep what they have to themselves. Trouble is I know all about it. I’ll give you this, it’s a method construed to preserve rubber.
Later this year when RedBull Honda have mathematically sewn up the championship I’ll divulge it all. Until then please feel absolutely free to mock, sneer, jeer and laugh out loud as much as you are able to or want, I don’t give a jot.
Newey isn't a chassis guy, he's an aero guy.
Mr. Newey is a Guru all-rounder. An innovator second to no-one, why else would Mercedes not want to sell them their engines. I’ll tell you why! Because he would know within two laps that the engine in his car was not quite the same as those in a Merc car.
A "guru all rounder" who hasn't built the best chassis in F1 since 2013 and has struggled the more aero has been reigned in. Newey wasn't the chassis guy at Williams and wasn't at McLaren, why would he suddenly be at RBR? He kn8what he wants from a chassis to make his aero work, but he has openly always had a aero-first philosophy when you look at his cars.

As for a PU not being the same, are you aware that the rules explicitly specify that a manufacturer has to provide the same spec PU to their customers??

You're suggesting that Merc have been breaking those rules by not supplying their customers with the same spec PU, or have Williams and RP had this silver bullet but not been able to use it? Your claims don't make sense.

Anyone can make vague claims on a forum, if you want to be taken seriously, you need to be more specific.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

godlameroso

Newey has his touch on this car and it's extremely obvious. The chassis guy is Pierre Wache, and there is a lot of very capable people there working in every department. This car wouldn't look the way it does if it wasn't for Newey. People underestimate how much under the skin has to fit a certain way for aero to work properly, it's that whole concept that Newey sees.

Some people, people like me for instance, focus too much on certain details that while important are not THAT important to the grand scheme of things. It's being able to see how all those things function together without getting lost in the details is a BIG 'why' things get done in the end. If a bit haphazardly to start.
Saishū kōnā

Chuckjr

cheeRS wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 08:43
Chuckjr wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 00:53
I really hope you’re right Slo Poke because a competitive sharp end would be a welcome change. I’m tired of the driver championship being a walk. It’s really old after 7 years of pyrrhic victories.
Pyrrhic victories? With all due respect, I don't think you know what that phrase means.
Yes because winning in a car that’s on average about 2 seconds faster than the field for most of a drivers career is so incredibly admirable, and commands respect.
Watching F1 since 1986.

LM10
LM10

zibby43 wrote:
LM10 wrote:

It would be nice to see Ferrari being in the mix. Starting tomorrow we will start getting some answers!

Sieper

It would be nice to see RBR in the mix, actually.

godlameroso

I'm sure the mechanics are itching for the dress rehersal.
Saishū kōnā

ispano6

Sieper wrote:
zibby43 wrote:
LM10 wrote:

I was going to say what RBR fans have written off Ferrari?

Wouter

ispano6 wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 01:14
Sieper wrote:
zibby43 wrote:

I was going to say what RBR fans have written off Ferrari?
Indeed, no RBR fan has written off Ferrari.

The Power of Dreams!

Juzh

new honda sounds onboard without commentary (open in yt)

Deep growling is gone and imo merc, renault and honda now sound very similar with that high pitch hissing.

ispano6

See, I was right after all. The tyres are heavier and it will be about switching them on. Utter nonsense I think not.