Ferrari F60

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
megz

Re: Ferrari F60

I don't be seeing anything new or exciting :cry:

transporter
transporter

Hihihi, surely I'm still same you. Waiting until in next Fri Prac.

ernos5

At the bottom of this page there are some detailed pics of the F60B from the recent test :)

http://forum.planet-f1.com/index.php?t= ... &start=200

Metar

It's no double-decker, but the rest of the car seems finally more complicated.

ernos5

yer i now realised some1 else posted the same parts in the other thread of the F60's development.

Anyway yer, i failed to see a DDD, but there is a circular hole on the middle of the diffuser looks like.

scarbs
scarbs

Looking at the As pictures, the F60b seen there is not the complete update.

The front wing, front wheel fairings, sidepod entries, bargeboards top rear wing and endplates have all been raced before.

What I can see new are revised sidepod exits, using a forward placed slot around the coke bottle area (now slightly less bulged), although the exhaust outlets look similar.

The big change is around the rear impact structure, which is much higher underneath and the beam wing now splits over the structure as per McLarens. The diffuser looks similar although the saw tooth gurney below crash structure is new. Although the diffuser is a single volume 175mm like the F60, this F60B appears to sport a new boat tail (formed by the step under the car) which is longer and more clear air can be seen through the starter hole. Thus I think the diffuser will grow an upper deck before it races, much like McLaren and Renault have done by creating an interim diffuser then adding the upper deck and keeping most of the rest of the diffuser the same. Expect to see something different in Spain.

timbo
timbo

scarbs wrote:Expect to see something different in Spain.
That's what I thought too.

theoracle
theoracle

in case someone is interested, the italian sports paper La Gazzetta dello Sport has posted a short video on the F60B changes

it's in italian, but it's pretty self-explanatory
http://video.gazzetta.it/?vxSiteId=f89d ... itrate=300

looks like the only differences are the presence of the 'slots' and a different shape/number of the vertical flux separators.
it's not a real double decker (yet). They do have space under the crash test, so that might be coming later.
other diff is in the exausts profile

modbaraban
modbaraban

What about those additional apertures behind the exhausts? I thought the rules don't allow any extra holes there :wtf:

Metar

So Kimi became Ferrari's Alonso, first to get the upgrades?

Bob Brown

Metar wrote:So Kimi became Ferrari's Alonso, first to get the upgrades?
no, its still equality in my mind. and right now Massa theoretically has a better advantage due to his weight, therefore the first light chasis goes to Kimi to try and put both of them higher up instead of having 1 car in the back and 1 in the middle. Its not favoring, but just work wise they could only get 1 light car out now, so why not help the guy that KERS is not helping. especially since the F60 apparently functions better with KERS.

zgred

mx_tifosi wrote: Image

New front wing details.
timbo wrote: Image

Changes in diffuser.
Last edited by zgred on 08 May 2009, 16:05, edited 1 time in total.

Bob Brown

that looks like a horrible attempt at a double deck..........i see the 2 tiny slots in the 2nd layer but wow......i would've expected more.

eiterndergoblin
eiterndergoblin

wow
hard to spot, but it seems to be a DDD

andreas4
andreas4

Wow, what a hightly sophisticated double decker diffuser. =D> =D> =D>

And this crap took two them months to develop??? :wtf: