2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Avocado
Avocado

Re: 2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

19th and 20th. What happened to this team? I know that the situation is bad but I'm still shocked.

PinkFloydPulse

yeah this really is sad...
Team Fernando!

TheGkbrk
TheGkbrk

Sauber is clearly faster than Mclaren. They got slower compared to the beginning for sure. It's pretty sad.

Alonso Fan

Vandoorne pitted and Alonso started from the pit lane
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

PinkFloydPulse

Alonso Fan wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 15:44
Vandoorne pitted and Alonso started from the pit lane
Alonso cannot keep up with the cars infront, no pace at all... He was under a second behind then just constantly falls-off...
Team Fernando!

McL-H
McL-H

It’s the slowest car of the entire field. How long until management is sacked, and Ron is reinstated? This is all on Ojjeh, shareholder used his power for the wrong reasons.

With Jost Capito the team would never had slipped this far down.. it’s horrible witnessing this and if I were Fernando or Stoffel, I would park the car, tell Zak and Boullier to drive this pos themselves and wish them good luck. For the results it wouldn’t change a thing. Unbelievable! :evil:

Alonso Fan

Don't think it's the slowest car. Alonso closed up a five second gap to leclerc. Now it's about getting past and into the points
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Darth-Piekus

It seems that Alonso saved the day at the end. I also noticed that Mclaren was at the end the fastest of the cars between positions 4th and 8th.

So what is really happening? Why are we having sudden bursts of speed instead of being good at the whole weekend?
Last edited by Darth-Piekus on 01 Jul 2018, 16:38, edited 1 time in total.

Soichiro
Soichiro

Alonso Fan wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 16:20
Don't think it's the slowest car. Alonso closed up a five second gap to leclerc. Now it's about getting past and into the points
Who cares about the state of the tyres from other drivers, right? The tyres were gone on those cars. But great tyre management from Alonso, nonetheless.

proteus

McL-H wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 15:50
It’s the slowest car of the entire field. How long until management is sacked, and Ron is reinstated? This is all on Ojjeh, shareholder used his power for the wrong reasons.

With Jost Capito the team would never had slipped this far down.. it’s horrible witnessing this and if I were Fernando or Stoffel, I would park the car, tell Zak and Boullier to drive this pos themselves and wish them good luck. For the results it wouldn’t change a thing. Unbelievable! :evil:
If u would park the car today u would throw away 4 points.... The car is too slow, but aparently it manages the tyres very well. If they find their "problem" than they can secure 4th this year. But only IF they find the problem.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Alonso Fan

proteus wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 16:39
McL-H wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 15:50

If u would park the car today u would throw away 4 points.... The car is too slow, but aparently it manages the tyres very well. If they find their "problem" than they can secure 4th this year. But only IF they find the problem.
I agree
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

PinkFloydPulse

Let's be honest here... He was lucky to get 8th since three front-runners have a DNF, but yeah, better this than nothing... They are still going down-hill not the right way up... Hope the Silverstone update does something good for that car... :/
Team Fernando!

Redragon

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 16:43
Let's be honest here... He was lucky to get 8th since three front-runners have a DNF, but yeah, better this than nothing... They are still going down-hill not the right way up... Hope the Silverstone update does something good for that car... :/
There are rumours the update is coming on Germany or Hungary, I think the big problem of the team is they don't have enough time to manifacture fast enough pieces after adopting Renault engine late last year and pre season problems

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
True, but considering Fernando started from the pitlane, other cars should have finished ahead of him. Lucky, yes, but solid drive none the less.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

proteus

Redragon wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 16:48
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
There are rumours the update is coming on Germany or Hungary, I think the big problem of the team is they don't have enough time to manifacture fast enough pieces after adopting Renault engine late last year and pre season problems
Even if they can deliver everything to the Silverstone its a slim chance the update could produce massive gains. First race weekend is more of a practice run, especially for a car and a team that has fundamental problems. The key to all is that they repeat their doing of the last few seasons and regaining ground lost in the second half of the season. They have a solid platform in the Renault unit, what they need is now not to give up and raise the morale. Issues must be fixed and people stimulated to be hunting for the solutions needed.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows