Moving F1-Staff

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
RacePaceDemon

Re: Moving F1-Staff

FeelHeel wrote:
10 Jul 2024, 00:45
Good riddance to Cardile. No thanks to Mike Elliot .Allison would be welcomed.
Cardile has built a good, respectable car this year which has taken a couple of wins?

Also as much as I hate to say it, Allison won't come due to his past with Ferrari :(
Which is completely fair and understandable and I don't blame him.
"Insert pseudo-intellectual quote so people on the car threads take me seriously ;)"

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

James Phillips former Mercedes lead aerodynamic design engineer starts his job at Williams.

ralphster7
ralphster7

Stefan Strahnz Mercedes Chief Engineer -> Sauber Programme Director

agnideep
agnideep

Enrico Gualtieri (head of power unit at Ferrari) received an offer from Audi

agnideep
agnideep

Binotto as the head of Audi F1 project (Here We Go)

joseff

Hope he brings back Steiner

agnideep
agnideep

Oliver Oakes joins Alpine as their new team principal

ScottR267
ScottR267

Jonathan Wheatley to leave Red Bull and join Audi as TP

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

They deserve this because they put Horner above everyone and above everything. The enviroment became toxic. If you are a team principal you cant do this to female employees and you cant flex your muscles againts the man the made the Red Bull chassis invincible, no matter what engines they had. Red Bull without Horner would have gone very well ahead, but without Newey and all the other senior engineers that left the team and maybe even Max at one point it is harder. I cant understand how Horner is more important that Newey and all the others.

diffuser

mclaren_mircea wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 17:19
They deserve this because they put Horner above everyone and above everything. The enviroment became toxic. If you are a team principal you cant do this to female employees and you cant flex your muscles againts the man the made the Red Bull chassis invincible, no matter what engines they had. Red Bull without Horner would have gone very well ahead, but without Newey and all the other senior engineers that left the team and maybe even Max at one point it is harder. I cant understand how Horner is more important that Newey and all the others.
You mean Wheatly leaving for Audi? Think you're reading too much into it. He wasn't gonna be TP at RBR as long as Horner is there.

ScottR267
ScottR267

Feels like Red Bull are experiencing what Mercedes did a few years back with the brain drain of top engineers over the last year or so- Newey, Marshall, Wheatley among others to have left.

Guess that’s the result of being the top team….the rest want your staff

diffuser

ScottR267 wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 22:42
Feels like Red Bull are experiencing what Mercedes did a few years back with the brain drain of top engineers over the last year or so- Newey, Marshall, Wheatley among others to have left.

Guess that’s the result of being the top team….the rest want your staff
With a CAP and a limit of leaving 3 salaries outside of the CAP, engineers have to move to other teams to get paid the same or more.