Ferrari F60

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Astro1
Astro1

Re: Ferrari F60

disappointing considering force india managed to produce a more complete DD then ferrari
That doesn't mean it's better. We don't know the efficiency of Ferrari's "simple" design compared to the Force India "complex" design.

Let's wait and see.

Astro1
Astro1

What is that slit under the FIAT logo on the engine cover?

timbo
timbo

Astro1 wrote:What is that slit under the FIAT logo on the engine cover?

Cooling outlet I believe.

zgred

Crabbia
Crabbia

looks like the F60 has got some pace back, we'll just have to see about tyre wear and reliability now. looks like their big push did pay dividends. im surprised that the extra 10 or so kg kimi had to play with for balast didnt help him all that much over massa...
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

donskar
donskar

Massa fourth. Looks good for the rest of the season.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

bar555
bar555

donskar wrote:Massa fourth. Looks good for the rest of the season.
encouraging at least , but we have to wait for Massa's race pace and car's weights to see if this is really a big step forward or not
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

radu
radu

What's the point of all the technical updates when you have a bunch of morons running the show at pit wall!?!..

You screw up once and keep Massa in at the end of Q1, so then of course, the logical Italian thing to do is screw up again a couple of races later by keeping Kimi in at the end of Q1... might as well send Kimi out there out full wets on race day.

As I watched Kimi's time tumble from 6th to 16th I kept hoping they'd send him out again, but what do I know. You've got Schumi prancing about in his 5 million or whatever they pay him advisory role and you'd figure he'd say, maybe, hey, we should send him out?

But nah, not an ounce of common sense in that whole bowl of spaghetti logic. Next thing we'll have Stefano come out saying, "no need to rush to any hasty conclusions...we must carefully analyze what had happened...blah, blah, blah.

Morons. I love Ferrari, though. Just want to get rid of the Italians. Put a freakin German or Brit in charge.

donskar
donskar

radu wrote:What's the point of all the technical updates when you have a bunch of morons running the show at pit wall!?!..

Morons. I love Ferrari, though. Just want to get rid of the Italians. Put a freakin German or Brit in charge.
You want someone from BMW running the team?
Robert Kubica made it into the top ten qualifying but couldn’t improve on his last run due to a mistake by the team when fitting the tyres.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

xpensive
xpensive

What are you guys so upset about, can't you see Ferrari is back? I love it, bring in Cesare Fiorio while at it!
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

jonathan189
jonathan189

Car weights are out and Massa is heavier than anyone in the top five. In other words, the new car really is quick.

=D>

fenix4life
fenix4life

zgred wrote:Image
With all those holes the Ferari just look like a cartoon where someone who was shot is drinking water and leaking from everywhere

The FOZ
The FOZ

We'll see a Ferrari on top within the next 3 races. Most likely Massa.

The new b-car is very effective, incredible that Massa managed 5th in quali with that much weight.

I'm amused by criticism of their interim DDD. It's not as simple as getting out the sawzall, hacking a hole, and slapping on some more cf. There's a saying, "Everything affects everything". I's very likely that drivetrain and/or suspension components have to be relocated. Which means redesign of those things. And those redesigns will affect something ELSE.

Oh, and every step of the way, the whole package has to be evaluated for aero, structural integrity, crash safety, and must maintain their functionality.

And we're trying to make this car lighter, not heavier.

andartop
andartop

radu wrote:You've got Schumi prancing about in his 5 million or whatever they pay him advisory role and you'd figure he'd say, maybe, hey, we should send him out?
I've said this again and again, whenever Schumi is present Kimi F$#s up or gets F#$ed up, so, simply, please, keep the German away from the races!!!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

warmandog

andartop wrote:
radu wrote:You've got Schumi prancing about in his 5 million or whatever they pay him advisory role and you'd figure he'd say, maybe, hey, we should send him out?
I've said this again and again, whenever Schumi is present Kimi F$#s up or gets F#$ed up, so, simply, please, keep the German away from the races!!!

yes ..i have a better IDEA.. just put kimi into a sabatical for the rest of the season ( he would love to start drinking as he use to do ) and bring schumi in he would help ferrari to develope the car and make a better today for ferrari.
TOTAL!!!! Kimi has never been a complete package but good drinker

regards

Alex c.
Regards
Alex C
Dominican Republic