Ferrari F2012 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Re: Ferrari F2012 (pre-launch speculation)

Well let's hope no snow on Friday.
Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme on 31 Jan 2012, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

italian
italian

Ferrari will be able to take the shakedown until Sunday 4 pm. After, they will have to leave Maranello for going to Jerez.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, but about the universe I still have some doubts." Albert Einstein

italian
italian

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Well let's hope no snow on Friday.
Maybe the snow will melt... Crossed fingers.
So Ferrari's taken us for fools twice: first with the background image on http://singleseater2012.ferrari.com/ and now with the video! :lol:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, but about the universe I still have some doubts." Albert Einstein

Raptor22
Raptor22

you really did'nt expect them to use the real car did you...? surely?

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Raptor22 wrote:you really did'nt expect them to use the real car did you...? surely?
Why not.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Owen.C93 wrote:
Raptor22 wrote:you really did'nt expect them to use the real car did you...? surely?
Why not.
I'm with you, why not. Nothing could be lost by showing the new car in the exact same way. Obviously the only way we knew what it was is that we've seen the F60 before. Showing the same shots wouldn't have given anything away. And why use the F60? Crap at least use the F10 or 150 Italia.

Richard
Richard

Probably because the launch show car wasn't waxed and polished in time for compiling the video. Plus it keeps the suspense going a bit longer.

Yes, it'll only be a show car with fake wings & diffuser. Likely to have fake exhaust outlets in the style of recent RB and McL launches.

I wonder if McLaren regret showing the F duct so soon, so any innovation like that might not appear until the second test.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

richard_leeds wrote:Probably because the launch show car wasn't waxed and polished in time for compiling the video. Plus it keeps the suspense going a bit longer.

Yes, it'll only be a show car with fake wings & diffuser. Likely to have fake exhaust outlets in the style of recent RB and McL launches.

I wonder if McLaren regret showing the F duct so soon, so any innovation like that might not appear until the second test.
I think they do regret it and I think the teams that have something to hide will do so until last day of 2nd test or wait until the last test itself.

As far as the video, they could have at least used the F10 or 150 Italia.

Robbobnob
Robbobnob

it will depend on the innovation.

Of course now if the innovation requires the tub to be manufactured in such a way, and with homologation of the tub's once they pass the mandatory crash test they may be forced to show their hand early. (the F duct was incorporated into the Chassis design, and perhaps they had chosen to crash test before the tests in 2010)

Also if the innovation is one that requires real world testing, such as the Octopus or the Cannon exhausts, possibly showing their hand early is counteracted by the added benefit of knowing how the innovation performs( the octo being badly and the cannon being more ideal)
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

italian
italian

Well, real or fake video, Today we're seeing the new McLaren at 11 a.m. GMT: http://www.mclaren.com/page/watch-the-l ... -27-live-1

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Today in Maranello. No shakedown for the F2012 on Friday. :(

muelte
muelte

Weather is expected to be good by then... Let's hope so.

italian
italian

muelte wrote:Weather is expected to be good by then... Let's hope so.
Really? For Friday afternoon are expected -3.5 °C -> it's very cold for our standards :lol:
In these days in Italy there's a large depression that is bringing very cold air and snow.
I hope Ferrari won't let me down like McLaren today.

raceman

astracrazy wrote:look at 0:17 the rear suspension with the black and sponsors looks just like the f60

in fact i think it is.

darn, it is indeed F60. There are Bridgestone tyres, and 2012 will have Pirelli tyres. This one is the obvious differentiator! :mrgreen: :twisted:

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

muelte wrote:Weather is expected to be good by then... Let's hope so.
I don't believe it is. Ferrari just said there is heavy snow in Maranello and more is expected. Oh well, I'll just be happy to see the car. I can wait until Jerez.