2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Benii6
Benii6

Re: 2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

techman wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 08:19
Max blamed the car, not the PU.
max was complaining about traction. no grip. obvioulsy if you driveability isnt smooth it would not help traction. honda has more smooth delivery of power and they can change during changing condition. renault cant
What's your delusional explanation for Sainz being 5th?

Bill
Bill

Renault is a works team

Singabule
Singabule

Benii6 wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 08:26
techman wrote:
max was complaining about traction. no grip. obvioulsy if you driveability isnt smooth it would not help traction. honda has more smooth delivery of power and they can change during changing condition. renault cant
Hahaha, you forget about Renault status.

Singabule
Singabule

techman wrote:
Renault can, sainz only tho. :lol:

Chicane
Chicane

Mclaren clearly know that this car basically has two strengths, 1] High speed corners 2] Tire life.

It does well on tracks where there are plenty of high speed corners and very fewer straights as the car is not aero efficient on straights. At Hungary they are struggling for traction in slow speed stuff. Alonso has said as to how the solutions would require so much time and resources that it is wiser to concentrate on transferring the learning on to next year's car. They have said they have embarked on a new aero philosophy since Austrian GP.

Looking at the clear out where Goss, Morris and Boullier have left it looks like they have decided to start from a clean slate. They have said there will be further technical acquisitions in addition to James Key and that the technical and organizational restructuring is not complete. They are cleaning their house and getting in order as they feel minor tinkering would not have any effect.

The remainder of the season after summer break will probably be even more painful as they would have totally switched on to Next year's car. Fortunately for them next year's rules offer a minor reset in terms of aerodynamics plus the fuel cells will have to accommodate 110kg of fuel so everyone has to build a new chassis.

They have to develop a solid base from the beginning of 2019 season so that they can incrementally update the car throughout the season. What is good to see is that this time they are walking the talk, in terms of restructuring and overhaul of their technical team and organization.
Quickshifter

techman
techman

so that one renault car out of how many? 6 renault cars. :lol: . if you want go check out what the TR boys said about the difference between renault and honda. its mostly about the smooth driveability . vandorne in his rookie year was pretty decent i believe he enjoyed the honda driveability.

Benii6
Benii6

techman wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 11:04
so that one renault car out of how many? 6 renault cars. :lol: . if you want go check out what the TR boys said about the difference between renault and honda. its mostly about the smooth driveability . vandorne in his rookie year was pretty decent i believe he enjoyed the honda driveability.
Dude, stop. I know you like Honda, but you're being ridiculous.
What does it matter how many Renault cars were in front of TR? Sainz wasn't struggling at all. But you're trying to argue that RB is, because of Renault engine. How you came to that conclusion is beyond me.

Vandoorne enjoyed Honda more? Really? Can I ask you how do you know that? And because you feel like it and it fits your narrative doesn't count. But I have full confidence in you, that you'll keep saying it and in 6 months time stating it as fact.

techman
techman

wasnt vandorne leading alonso last year at one point. and even had bettter race pace in some events? obviously alonso is an experience driver so can adjust quickly to a more agressive drivebility of the renaults. vandorne will need time but i believe he would prefer the smoother driveability of the hondas

diffuser

techman wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 11:04
I think it was pure luck and timing that they got out early. You can believe what you want.

Saintz was a full second faster? I guess you have alot of drivavbilty to work on. How do you explain all the other times that RBR have been fast in the rain.

diffuser

I'm looking forward to the race..as M840TR said "So new diffuser, floor and front wing. Most parts arrived in FP3 so couldn't find photos earlier. Qualifying was a mess which made it impossible to tell how much lap-time they gained. Race might give more info."

techman
techman

People you need to stop responding to techman and his delusional posts. If you stop feeding him he will stop posting and stop poluting threads with his nonsense! I expect 1 point for ALO today and that's it... MCL has much work to do
I and few guys on the TR board mentioned about mclaren will struggle this season due to high drag configuration concept they were running . and look what happened this year. exactly how i predicted came true, at least now mclaren have realised this chassis problem they have and have removed those engineers in mclaren and are starting to hire some new engineers, which is a good thing.
I have lot of respect for vandorne. If you look at the stats last year, vandorne was close to alonso till mexico 2017 and he stuffed up the last two races and giving alonso the points to beat him.I am not saying vandorne is a better driver but vandorne is not bad either.give credit to vandorne. The reality, is the compact size of the honda and the smoother driveability was never given credit by mclaren which is unfortunate.

PhillipM
PhillipM

techman wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 14:27
I and few guys on the TR board mentioned about mclaren will struggle this season due to high drag configuration concept they were running.
Plucked out of thin air like the rest of the drivel.
Yes, they have more drag than ideal, no, it's nothing to do with a 'high drag concept'

As for credit for the driveability of the Honda - that's as much due to Mclaren as it was to Honda - or do you forget the two years Mclaren spent working on it with Honda at the track as the drivers were saying the mapping from the dyno had huge driveability problems?

Singabule
Singabule

Alo and vandoorne on soft and change to medium. Good strategy but gearbox problem again

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Singabule wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 16:57
Alo and vandoorne on soft and change to medium. Good strategy but gearbox problem again
Mclaren do their own gearboxes, right?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

OzanA
OzanA

Top class strategy but unlucky,not a bad day guys.