2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Emag
Emag

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Zxeros wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 15:45
Vanja #66 wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 22:44
Taking a break for a while. I'm not sure when I will be replying to any private messages I might receive

Take care everyone, enjoy the show and stop dropping brown stuff all over the team
You were so smug in the Mercedes threads at the start of the season, criticizing the team for how they developed the car, now that Ferrari are struggling you're running away? interesting.
I think it was right to criticize Mercedes because they are one of the largest team in the sport and they seemed lost for a very long time. The only thing which I did not necessarily agree with him was his opinion that Mercedes as a team were weak aerodynamically and they only won the championships they won because of their power units.

A fair point to make for 2014-2017 but anything beyond that, the gaps between power units were not significant enough to be the deciding factor. And even before, Mercedes was so dominant, the power unit alone could not account for the entire gap they had to the rest of the field, and especially the customers.

It was clear that Mercedes as a whole has been a very strong team, and that includes aero.

LM10
LM10

Vanja #66 wrote:
05 Jul 2024, 19:47
I hope we can soon dial down on doom and gloom in this thread, it's becoming very tiring. Everyone was expecting Ferrari to struggle in Silverstone and now that the struggle is there everyone is going crazy... :roll:

Where RB20 is limited by bumps and curbs, SF24 seems to be limited by high aero load coming from the floor. What some media wrote about suspension not being able to support the new floor and higher loads at high cornering speeds is very accurate in my view, for some reason they aren't setting up the car as stiff as RB20 (probably because it will take tyres into very wrong window) can be and for the same reason the car was the best in Monaco.

I can't put a finger on choosing Imola or Barcelona package to run in Silverstone, Imola is slower but more stable. What I think Ferrari needs to do is work on a floor somewhere between Imola and Barcelona for faster circuits to reduce bouncing (because Barcelona floor is obviously too strong for their suspension and high speeds), while also using Barcelona floor in slower circuits where it will work well. Barcelona sidepods don't seem to be the problem in any case
Totally agree.

CjC
CjC

I think those opening few corners has just backed Emags argument
Just a fan's point of view

JPower
JPower

Stroll is leading a train of about 12 cars right now. Must be quick in a straight line as Leclerc is closing but can't get close enough for the overtake.

Sainz backed off Piastri and is in clean air. Should help his stint until the rain hits.

deadhead

.Bole wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 20:07
Vasseur and team continues with PR bullshit.
True but what else is there to do...

He was making fun of the Mercedes a few races ago I wonder what he thinks about it now

JPower
JPower

Finally. Good overtake.

F1NAC

Barely pulling from Aston. Lmao

dani5549
dani5549

Another strategic masterclass, it wasn't even a gamble it was dry in many places...

JPower
JPower

Sainz gained a good 5 seconds on Max when the rain started. Still hanging on to the Red Bull for now.

Schippke
Schippke

I see we've made no progress on the strategy side... Not 100% sure if that was Ferrari's decision or Charles, but that whole side of the garage is just something else...

jambuka
jambuka

Wow, what a bunch of idiots on LEC side of the garage. Proving yet again team is not championship material. They can’t even get tire right when there is no pressure.

JPower
JPower

Just like Brundle said, its on the driver to make the call...I don't know if I can put that on the team.

I'll have to replay the radio.

dia6olo
dia6olo

Schippke wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 16:40
I see we've made no progress on the strategy side... Not 100% sure if that was Ferrari's decision or Charles, but that whole side of the garage is just something else...
I find it hard to believe the strategy team is that stupid and feel that this is very likely on Leclerc.
I feel he quickly realised after getting past Stroll he had no pace and gambled on inters as soon as rain started a desperate and ultimately terrible gamble!
Really stupid decision!

wickedz50
wickedz50

jambuka wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 16:41
Wow, what a bunch of idiots on LEC side of the garage. Proving yet again team is not championship material. They can’t even get tire right when there is no pressure.
Donkey of the season call for CL and SP. What is happening guys?

jambuka
jambuka

dia6olo wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 16:45
Schippke wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 16:40
I find it hard to believe the strategy team is that stupid and feel that this is very likely on Leclerc.
I feel he quickly realised after getting past Stroll he had no pace and gambled on inters as soon as rain started a desperate and ultimately terrible gamble!
Really stupid decision!
When way behind just follow Verstappen strategy, even if they do that they will get better results.