2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Autobahn303
Autobahn303

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

What a race

edu2703
edu2703

I feel bad for Hamilton who will be in this mess of a team next year...

JPower
JPower

Seanspeed wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 17:25
JPower wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 16:51
Yep, Leclerc called for the box. Ironic, because only seconds before, he said that part of the track were dry. Can't blame the team on that one.
Leclerc doesn't have a weather radar in his car. The team does. The team told him the weather was about to get worse. So of course that's going to make it sound like wets are the way to go. Drivers cant make good decisions with bad information.
He has the same info as everyone else. His teammate was given the same call. Leclerc's tires were falling off a cliff which likely influenced his decision.

wickedz50
wickedz50

edu2703 wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 17:27
I feel bad for Hamilton who will be in this mess of a team next year...
Who stops him from cancelling the signing and renew this contract with Merc? This race was tricky and it’s the strong strategic team and other team members who helped him get this win. I am sure if Lewis is coming so are his team also coming else it will be very amateurish.

ScuderiaLeo

Well, I'm happy that Hamilton got a win before he's put into our dumpster fire of a team. Because he's not going to be getting this opportunity next year...

Fastest lap, so... yay?

Bad race for the team, bad race for Leclerc, good race for Sainz, terrible weekend overall. This triple header has been hell.

IntrinsicVoid
IntrinsicVoid

Positives: The car wasn’t bad at all at wet conditions, at least in Sainz’s hands. Even at early stages he was keeping with PIA.

Negatives: I don’t know what is going with LEC, but he seems like he’s having zero confidence, Turkey several years ago showed us he’s not a bad driver at wet conditions. But something has to be done on his and team’s side to get along with the car.

ScuderiaLeo

IntrinsicVoid wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 17:33
Negatives: I don’t know what is going with LEC [...]
I have a feeling the home win into engine DNF into terrible car has something to do with it :P

But yeah he seems mentally beaten down and it's affecting his performance. The Vettel special.

Autobahn303
Autobahn303

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 17:37
IntrinsicVoid wrote:
Negatives: I don’t know what is going with LEC [...]
I have a feeling the home win into engine DNF into terrible car has something to do with it :P

But yeah he seems mentally beaten down and it's affecting his performance. The Vettel special.
Must feel like torture.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

IntrinsicVoid wrote:
Positives: The car wasn’t bad at all at wet conditions, at least in Sainz’s hands. Even at early stages he was keeping with PIA.

Negatives: I don’t know what is going with LEC, but he seems like he’s having zero confidence, Turkey several years ago showed us he’s not a bad driver at wet conditions. But something has to be done on his and team’s side to get along with the car.
I mean, what did you expect from his this weekend with an entire Friday gone? Last weekend he got unlucky with lap 1 contact, the race before with his teammate messing up the strategy, and the race before that one his engine gave up.

IntrinsicVoid
IntrinsicVoid

SoulPancake13 wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 17:39
IntrinsicVoid wrote:

I mean, what did you expect from his this weekend with an entire Friday gone? Last weekend he got unlucky with lap 1 contact, the race before with his teammate messing up the strategy, and the race before that one his engine gave up.
I don’t expect anything with the current car really. Only I hope that his side job as data gatherer/analyst in this week will be beneficial for the team to at least start on a right trajectory to alleviate the issues with the car. One positive weekend for Charles is all that he needs.

trinidefender
trinidefender

Can you please take back whichever strategists you gave to McLaren.

Condolences on that Leclerc call though. Don't know why they did that one either.

SpecialOps
SpecialOps

Bad race today. But I have faith the team will fix the issue and come good. The bouncing issue can’t be replicated in a wind tunnel but you’d hope with 3 years of steady regs the trigger points could’ve been identified. My main worry is this has set us back 3 plus months development wise which will have a knock on effect.

Venturiation
Venturiation

IntrinsicVoid wrote:

Lec used all his luck for the Monaco win, now every race is cursed

Sphere3758
Sphere3758

This was probably one of the worst performances I have seen from Leclerc , so I am just going to assume that he had Sainz’s setup and could not make it work.

Yes, they messed up his call for inters but he was nowhere even at the end on softs. Carlos was clearly faster which makes me think that they messed up his setup
Last edited by Sphere3758 on 07 Jul 2024, 17:52, edited 2 times in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Sainz was fantastic today. As usual, he is a mixed conditions master.