Ferrari F60

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
rjsa
rjsa

Re: Ferrari F60

timbo wrote:
rjsa wrote:Sensible F1 would sack him right away, so he won't embarrass himself even more. Four speeding tickets and one crossing of the pit exit. More than 10 seconds slower in the first lap. And chickened to RG on the pit lane.
Because he was hit by RG. His fastest lap of the race is 1:40.590
No he wasn't, RG pressed and he chickened. They didn't touch.

We should let him start lapping next wednesday, 8 hours a day, may be by FP1 he will be on part at SPA.

C'mon...

The FOZ
The FOZ

rjsa wrote:Sensible F1 would sack him right away, so he won't embarrass himself even more. Four speeding tickets and one crossing of the pit exit. More than 10 seconds slower in the first lap. And chickened to RG on the pit lane.

He is dangerous, he is playing out of his league. If Ferrari wants to compensate him for all the years just sponsor him on euroboss or something like that.
One more time:

Ferrari knows exactly what they are going to get from him. They're likely pleased as punch that he brought the car home, didn't rack up any fines, and are ecstatic that he didn't come in last. The reality is, for someone being away from F1 for this long, and to come back under these circumstances, his results are very acceptable.

Please explain how he is any more dangerous than, say, Kazoo, Piquet, Jr. or any of the other no0bs in their first season. He's not wrecked, or caused a wreck.

Now, you can keep thinking the way you are, but in 2 or 3 races, when he's still there, I think you'll have to admit that perhaps Ferrari have a different viewpoint than your own, and just maybe they actually are aware of what they are doing with Luca.

noname
noname

Ferrari said weeks ago they are considering abandoning development of the F60 and focusing on 2010 challenger. Kimi's word during the press conference ("we did not bring new parts here") may be a confirmation they already switched their attention.

2010 cars would be similar to what we have now. after the season, probably till mid january (when regular drivers will be resting), it would be test drivers job to lead the on-track development. to do it right you should know the current car. with the in-season testing ban in place the only opportunity to familiarize with it is during race weekend.

having behind the wheel experienced test driver, who can bring the car home in one piece, gives the chance to test some ideas - play with set-up, engine mapping, electronic, hydraulic, cooling, etc., etc.

maybe I am wrong. just guessing.

I fully agree with DaveKillens - Luca had mountain to climb and I have to admit he did fairly well. expect much more from him would be like asking for a miracle.

Lookup75
Lookup75

DaveKillens wrote:Good point noname, to have a test and development driver driving a Ferrari at this time because of the circumstances. Since neither the team or any driver can win a title, development of the 2010 now becomes more important. And if you are going to devote more effort and resources on the future car, why not turn the remainder of this season into just a test and development session?
Please forgive me if I'm wrong as this my first post, how can Ferrari turn the rest of the season into a test and development session when they want to win third in the wcc? I'm all for backing Luca but with him off the pace by so much how can he be helping Ferrari get third in the wcc?

The FOZ
The FOZ

Lookup75 wrote:Please forgive me if I'm wrong as this my first post, how can Ferrari turn the rest of the season into a test and development session when they want to win third in the wcc? I'm all for backing Luca but with him off the pace by so much how can he be helping Ferrari get third in the wcc?
Third in the WCC is like knowing you're the loudest farter amongst your buddies. It's nice to know, but not really worth much of anything.

Ricky Bobby said it best "If you ain't first, you're last"

:lol:

Welcome to the forum!

Lookup75
Lookup75

Third is better than nothing tho

timbo
timbo

The FOZ wrote:
Lookup75 wrote:Please forgive me if I'm wrong as this my first post, how can Ferrari turn the rest of the season into a test and development session when they want to win third in the wcc? I'm all for backing Luca but with him off the pace by so much how can he be helping Ferrari get third in the wcc?
Third in the WCC is like knowing you're the loudest farter amongst your buddies. It's nice to know, but not really worth much of anything.

Ricky Bobby said it best "If you ain't first, you're last"
That's money actually. AFAIK prize money difference from 3rd to 4th in WCC is substantial.
However, people may say that money are not that important for SF and they have damn well excuse for not earning as much points as they could.

rjsa
rjsa

The FOZ wrote:Now, you can keep thinking the way you are, but in 2 or 3 races, when he's still there, I think you'll have to admit that perhaps Ferrari have a different viewpoint than your own, and just maybe they actually are aware of what they are doing with Luca.
Or not. Let's wait and see.

noname
noname

timbo wrote:That's money actually. AFAIK prize money difference from 3rd to 4th in WCC is substantial.
However, people may say that money are not that important for SF and they have damn well excuse for not earning as much points as they could.
I do think increase in money flow from being 3rd rather than 4th is less important for Ferrari than the time they can spend on working on their 2010 car.

Brawn shown clearly this year how much you can get if you have a lot of money (no doubts Farrari has them) and a lot of time.
and only Ferrari knows how much they paid for being in the fight for the titles right to the end of 2008 season.

Lookup75
Lookup75

noname wrote:
timbo wrote:That's money actually. AFAIK prize money difference from 3rd to 4th in WCC is substantial.
I do think increase in money flow from being 3rd rather than 4th is less important for Ferrari than the time they can spend on working on their 2010 car.

Brawn shown clearly this year how much you can get if you have a lot of money (no doubts Farrari has them) and a lot of time.
and only Ferrari knows how much they paid for being in the fight for the titles right to the end of 2008 season.
does anyone no what the difference is in prize money from 3rd to 4th place?

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Ferrari wrote:"The cars will therefore be much the same as in Valencia, apart from the necessary changes to the aerodynamic set-up – basically, lower downforce than last week’s configuration. In addition, Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro has essentially stopped development of the 2009 F60 to concentrate its R&D resources on 2010, whereas other teams have chosen a different option to achieve their own goals."
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Scotracer
Scotracer

Compare the low-downforce wing to that of Valencia...

Big difference - and looks far better too.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

PNSD
PNSD

Because of the reductio in span they have gone for much deeper wings this year... Agreed, the new medium-low downforce one looks so much better and suited.

alex1015
alex1015

Lookup75 wrote:does anyone no what the difference is in prize money from 3rd to 4th place?
Prize money figures are never published and the teams are usually tight lipped about it. However I wouldn't be surprised if the difference is greater than $5 million

ISLAMATRON

That looks like a KERS battery in the nose of that Ferrari