Scuderia Ferrari SF90

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
zibby43
zibby43

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Mr.G wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 19:27
Any pictures of the car from Bahrain?
Not yet.

More Ferrari performance speculation. This time from Helmut Marko:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/cool ... o/4359176/

F1Krof

zibby43 wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 21:44
Mr.G wrote:
Not yet.

By this standard, it would mean Bahrain to be even tougher on Ferrari, since it's way hotter.
Wroom wroom

zibby43
zibby43

F1Krof wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 22:22
zibby43 wrote:
Mr.G wrote:
Not yet.

By this standard, it would mean Bahrain to be even tougher on Ferrari, since it's way hotter.
It's going to be pretty toasty on race day. High of 88 F on race day (low of 74). Ambient temperature will be somewhere in between with it being a night race.

My question is, if PU cooling really is the issue, what do Ferrari do? Is this related to what they've done with significantly paring back the intake opening and engine cover?

If they re-arrange the cooling architecture, what does that do to the CoG and RW efficiency targets that they tried to set with the car?

Capharol
Capharol

if it's really a cooling problem, i don't see them fix that within 2 weeks

F1Krof

zibby43 wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 22:38
F1Krof wrote:
zibby43 wrote:

Not yet.

It's going to be pretty toasty on race day. High of 88 F on race day (low of 74). Ambient temperature will be somewhere in between with it being a night race.

My question is, if PU cooling really is the issue, what do Ferrari do? Is this related to what they've done with significantly paring back the intake opening and engine cover?

If they re-arrange the cooling architecture, what does that do to the CoG and RW efficiency targets that they tried to set with the car?
If you're asking me, honestly I don't believe it. Marko's guesses are highly unreliable as far as history's concern. Ferrari's problem in Australia were mostly about the tires. And my guess is that Sakhir would really fit Ferrari, historically they've always been strong.

So I'm expected Ferrari on top this weekend.
Wroom wroom

Capharol
Capharol

F1Krof wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 23:12
zibby43 wrote:
F1Krof wrote:

If you're asking me, honestly I don't believe it. Marko's guesses are highly unreliable as far as history's concern. Ferrari's problem in Australia were mostly about the tires. And my guess is that Sakhir would really fit Ferrari, historically they've always been strong.

and why should Marko lie about a problem that occured at Ferrari?

He has no benefit of telling this to the media for RB
and bare in mind aswell, if a reporter asks you "why had Ferrari problems in Australia" should he say i don't know although he has seen all the indication of a possible cooling problem?

or do you know more of whats going on at Ferrari? (just a curious-question)

F1Krof

Capharol wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 23:24
F1Krof wrote:
zibby43 wrote:

and bare in mind aswell, if a reporter asks you "why had Ferrari problems in Australia" should he say i don't know although he has seen all the indication of a possible cooling problem?

I do not for sure. But the fact that Marko says so doesn't mean it true. If we listen to Marko, then why not listen to Toto, who said that it was a setup issue?
Wroom wroom

Capharol
Capharol

F1Krof wrote:
28 Mar 2019, 01:45
Capharol wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 23:24
F1Krof wrote:

I do not for sure. But the fact that Marko says so doesn't mean it true. If we listen to Marko, then why not listen to Toto, who said that it was a setup issue?
maybe its a bit of both? or maybe Toto is lying..... it ain't all black and white.
and it isn't so that Marko always lies and the others tells the truth...... like most of you seems to think.

Marko is an expierenced driver, knows the game from the in and outside, yes i agree sometimes he talks to much.
But as soon as someone here writes "Marko said...." there is always 1 or 2 that immediatly starts to scream "Marko lies..." but if Toto says so "oh yes it must be true, because Toto says so" ...

my point is it's getting boring, beating on a person all the time (this counts for drivers and managers, hell even users here, all alike), why just not take it for granted and let his/her words stand as they are, think your own thoughts but just stop saying he/she lies without really knowing if he/she is lying or not......maybe we see it later if it's true or not, or maybe we will never know it at all.

BwajSF
BwajSF

zibby43 wrote:
Mr.G wrote:
Not yet.

Hahahaha... Its the same guy who said Ferrari were 0.5 ahead of the field.
Move on guys. Just hot air here.

KiLLu12258
KiLLu12258

BwajSF wrote:
28 Mar 2019, 11:13
zibby43 wrote:
Mr.G wrote:
Not yet.

Hahahaha... Its the same guy who said Ferrari were 0.5 ahead of the field.
Move on guys. Just hot air here.
he also said redbull is ahead of mercedes. :D

CriXus
CriXus

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” - George Bernard Shaw

MtthsMlw

NathanOlder

Will it not be cooler as its a night race ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

GoranF1
GoranF1

How much weight does mat paint saves on whole car?
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

jumpingfish

GoranF1 wrote:
28 Mar 2019, 19:13
How much weight does mat paint saves on whole car?
Binotto said few hundred grammes