Red Bull RB19

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
dialtone
dialtone

Re: Red Bull RB19

PinkFloydPulse wrote:Question regarding the metallic parts that are in the middle... they seem to be under the engine, so my question is, is is possible (legal it is, since it is there) that they are dissipating engine heat underneath the floor to somehow do some magic with airflow, airspeed or something else?
Very little chance those are heat sinks and very high chance those are retention clips for the floor to prevent bending and keep the shape at any speed and bump.

PinkFloydPulse

Could be… could be… but ism’t that like the most rigid part od the floor that is directly bolted to a lot of stuff above so having extra retention clips would be kind of pointless? I don’t remember, but have we seen the RB floor from the other side this year?
Team Fernando!

dialtone
dialtone

PinkFloydPulse wrote:Could be… could be… but ism’t that like the most rigid part od the floor that is directly bolted to a lot of stuff above so having extra retention clips would be kind of pointless? I don’t remember, but have we seen the RB floor from the other side this year?
That would be what the stuff above is bolted to. Glue isn’t going to be enough for the force needed.

AMG.Tzan

This floor looks so developed which pretty much explains Red Bull's pace!

The photos don’t give a clear indication of what is really happening with the airflow because of perspective and shadows creating illusions!

Does the floor have two kick lines or is it just shadows playing games with my eyes? I get the feeling they’re trying to create two diffusers one in front of the other if that makes any sense really…! Also I think they’re using every single cm of the permitted underbody dimensions!

P.S. I find it interesting that the team with the lowest by far development time can create such a complex underbody! This can’t have been designed in one go really! But anyway, that’s a discussion for a different thread probably…
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Stu

AMG.Tzan wrote:
27 May 2023, 21:30

The photos don’t give a clear indication of what is really happening with the airflow because of perspective and shadows creating illusions!

Does the floor have two kick lines or is it just shadows playing games with my eyes? I get the feeling they’re trying to create two diffusers one in front of the other if that makes any sense really…! Also I think they’re using every single cm of the permitted underbody dimensions!

P.S. I find it interesting that the team with the lowest by far development time can create such a complex underbody! This can’t have been designed in one go really! But anyway, that’s a discussion for a different thread probably…
It is an evolutionary development of what they used last year.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

zeffman
zeffman

Could the metal surfaces be the exposed electrode parts of a dielectric barrier discharge plasma actuator system to generate downstream vortices or to influence diffuser stalling behaviour?

AMG.Tzan

Stu wrote:
27 May 2023, 21:34
AMG.Tzan wrote:
27 May 2023, 21:30

It is an evolutionary development of what they used last year.
Probably, but my thinking being that we’re only on the second year of ground effect tunnel cars…that floor looks like it’s from 2025 really :lol:

Anyway, it’s a work of art! Can’t imagine what they would have created had it not been for budget caps and development restrictions! :oops:
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Venturiation
Venturiation

Could the metal be related to the cooling of the battery ?

AeroDynamic

tmoneyr007
tmoneyr007

Venturiation wrote:
27 May 2023, 17:27
What are those metal pieces ? There is even one in the middle of a tunnel
Ballast Access panels?

Venturiation
Venturiation

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

tmoneyr007 wrote:
27 May 2023, 22:52
Venturiation wrote:
27 May 2023, 17:27
What are those metal pieces ? There is even one in the middle of a tunnel
Ballast Access panels?
It might be ballast itself. Great point.

Venturiation
Venturiation

Sofa King
Sofa King

PlatinumZealot

Gracias Checo.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028