2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JordanMugen

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Have they changed back to a lighter shade of red? I hope not, but it seems more similar to Leclerc's helmet colour now. I'm also not a fan of the semi-random carbon patches.

The livery was perfect in 2022, why did they change it for? Oh well. :(

F1NAC wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 13:07
Paint scheme , especially at front reminds me on 643 ('91 car).
It seems to have gone back to the bright red, similar to Marlboro Red / Rosso Scuderia, instead of the traditional red / Rosso Corsa of the 643 unfortunately. :|

F1NAC

JordanMugen wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 15:45
https://preview.redd.it/wa2gk45fe5ia1.j ... 83dc71a6f4
https://preview.redd.it/2ain045fe5ia1.j ... 4f27baaa87

Have they changed back to a lighter shade of red? I hope not, but it seems more similar to Leclerc's helmet colour now. I'm also not a fan of the semi-random carbon patches.

The livery was perfect in 2022, why did they change it for? Oh well. :(

F1NAC wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 13:07
Paint scheme , especially at front reminds me on 643 ('91 car).
It seems to have gone back to the bright red, similar to Marlboro Red / Rosso Scuderia, instead of the traditional red / Rosso Corsa of the 643 unfortunately. :|
Color is the same as f175. You are tricked here by brightness I think.

Venturiation
Venturiation

wowgr8 wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 13:48
They keep pivoting in approaches, it was confidence before Binotto then humility under Binotto now it's back to extreme confidence again. I hope it's not just empty words and that they actually made steps to fix last year's problems specifically operationally.
The simulator gave huge numbers

I expect them to be 0,7s faster than everyone in qualifying or even more

wowgr8
wowgr8

Venturiation wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 17:38

Never happening under this strict ruleset. The grid will be closer than last year.

wowgr8
wowgr8

Where do people think Binotto will go after his gardening period is done? Red Bull have been on a mass recruiment drive and need the experience but Mercedes have lost lots of good people the last 2 years. I wonder where he ends up.

JordanMugen

Venturiation wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 17:38
wowgr8 wrote:
They keep pivoting in approaches, it was confidence before Binotto then humility under Binotto now it's back to extreme confidence again. I hope it's not just empty words and that they actually made steps to fix last year's problems specifically operationally.

If Binotto has delivered such a good car, why on Earth did Ferrari get rid of him?

It is quite sad to see launch photos without Binotto. :cry:

Vanja #66

wowgr8 wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 17:44
Where do people think Binotto will go after his gardening period is done? Red Bull have been on a mass recruiment drive and need the experience but Mercedes have lost lots of good people the last 2 years. I wonder where he ends up.
Audi. He's Swiss-Italian, so Sauber seems like a far more attractive choice than moving to UK.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

wowgr8
wowgr8

Vanja #66 wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 18:10

Audi. He's Swiss-Italian, so Sauber seems like a far more attractive choice than moving to UK.
Totally forgot about that. Much more attractive project since it's being built from the ground up as well.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I would say the livery was improved with the Ferrari logo on the rear wing, but they made it worse in other places by removing a lot of the red.

I do not like the exposed carbon on the side of the nose, the shark fin, and the sidepod.

A ferrari needs to be cloaked in velvety red much like the Aston Martin in green.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 14 Feb 2023, 20:13, edited 2 times in total.

gandharva

But this saves 25gr weight! ;)

Peter1919
Peter1919

Vanja #66 wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 18:10
wowgr8 wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 17:44
Good shout, especially as Seidl took the CEO job there and NOT team principal.

saviour stivala
saviour stivala

I do not know the length of time, but when he left it was reported that an extra length of gardening period over what is standard practiced was negotiated with FERRARI. And that means that the FERRARI /Binotto termination expenses involved re the extra gardening were much higher than what he would have been paid in his new job. While some say that money is not everything, some others say without money there is no huges and neither kisses, and that with money one can build a road in the sea.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

gandharva wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 20:13
But this saves 25gr weight! ;)
Some tradition must be respected. A Ferrari should look like it's been cloaked in silk sheets, not scratchy carbon fiber.

Andi76
Andi76

wowgr8 wrote:
I think we should be fair to Binotto here - at the beginning of the 2022 season, Binotto communicated quite clearly that 2022 is the year in which Ferrari wants to win, but they don't want to talk about the title yet, because in 2022 they have to take the last development steps. Considering what we know today about the engine and its development, Binotto's assessment and the stated goals were completely realistic. Ferrari was not in a position to fight for the world championship in 2022, either technically or in terms of the team. From this point of view, it would have been stupid and unrealistic to talk about the title. But Binotto also said clearly that 2023 would be the year in which Ferrari would fight for the title. The talk that with Vasseur the whole thing is now so different, is nonsense, because under Binotto it would not have been different. In 2023 we should be ready to fight for the title. 2022 in view of an engine that was not yet developed far enough to talk about the title would have been unrealistic. There was a clear roadmap. Binotto stuck to it. Fans and the media in Italy then unfortunately (as so often) built up pressure completely unnecessarily and in ignorance of the facts, thanks to their impatience. But anyway - it would be no different today even with Binotto. The confidence would be the same, because he has already said in 2022 that in 2023 they are ready to fight for the title. There was a roadmap and development plan. And that saw 2022 as the last year of a three-year development plan, after which they would be fighting for the world championship in 2023. So with or without Binotto, the confidence would be completely the same in 2023. Ferrari has followed through on its development plan thanks to Binotto. And should Ferrari be successful in 2023 and win the title (which I don't believe, because Binotto's departure will have negative consequences both technically and within the team) - then this is thanks to Binotto, who resisted the demands of the bosses for quick solutions and changes and maintained the direction previously planned for 2022 (calm and continuous further development in one direction with a focus on 2023).Even if it cost him his head!

If Ferrari really does win the title, they should build a monument to him, because Binotto put Ferrari's well-being above his own and did exactly what he learned from Ross Brawn and Rory Byrne - that continuous, conscious and targeted development is the path to success. And that the influence of the Italian media and fans, who act with a lot of passion but without any sense or logical thinking, and the interference of the Ferrari bosses is Ferrari's real problem.

wowgr8
wowgr8

Andi76 wrote:
16 Feb 2023, 08:39

I think we should be fair to Binotto here - at the beginning of the 2022 season, Binotto communicated quite clearly that 2022 is the year in which Ferrari wants to win, but they don't want to talk about the title yet, because in 2022 they have to take the last development steps. Considering what we know today about the engine and its development, Binotto's assessment and the stated goals were completely realistic. Ferrari was not in a position to fight for the world championship in 2022, either technically or in terms of the team. From this point of view, it would have been stupid and unrealistic to talk about the title. But Binotto also said clearly that 2023 would be the year in which Ferrari would fight for the title. The talk that with Vasseur the whole thing is now so different, is nonsense, because under Binotto it would not have been different.
I have no problem with Binotto's approach, and like you say he was right, but I don't think he would've been as brash and confident as Vasseur and Vigna are right now, he was always very cautions and gave credit to the other teams. I'm actually very sad we lost him.