2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

Emag wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 15:36
LionsHeart wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 14:15
Emag wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 13:34

You did not answer the question though. Since my take was so outrageous, where is your counterargument?
Do you really need a counterargument? I remember that Lando makes mistakes every year. And this season is no different from the previous ones. You should be the one giving a full explanation of why Lando is so pathetic even compared to 2019. I am happy with Lando's performance, unlike you. So don't shift the blame.

The only difference in Lando's performances can be whether each mistake affects the final result or not. That's all. If even Max has started making mistakes under pressure, and in recent years he has been super stable. What's surprising? Go ahead, give your arguments fully and thoroughly.
The highlighted words are your words not mine. You look at a statement and take it for face value removing context from it. A bad season for someone who is considered a top tier driver is still a good season of measure for an average driver. Just because they weren't perfect, it doesn't mean they are horrible.

Your inability to answer my question just proves my point. "No, you" is not an argument.

You would be challenged to find a true "perfect" weekend for Lando this year, whereas he has made mistakes pretty much throughout the entire year starting from qualifying in Bahrain, messing up his second lap in Q3, up to Silverstone now doing the same.

I listed a couple of things which turned out to be the most costly and discounted the many more errors he has made this year which may or may have not had a negative impact on results. You on the other hand, have failed to provide a single proper argument as to why do you personally think this is a strong season for Lando compared to pretty much all of his other seasons excluding his rookie year. I don't see why I should add further defense to my opinion & point of view when you have done nothing to refute it.

At this point, it looks like you respond just for the sake of arguing. You reject the premise because you want to reject it, not because you have convincing arguments to believe I am wrong.

I do not indulge in such discussions.
Why do you think this season is Lando's weakest? Give me some reasons first. I'll give you a detailed answer after the race. You yourself started that this season is his weakest. Well, then give him some arguments. I see his mistakes in every season he's played. What kind of pressure affects him more, external or internal? Why does Lando make mistakes? Because he lacks composure? Everyone makes mistakes. But for Lando, this is his worst season. Yeah, sure. :)
Last edited by LionsHeart on 07 Jul 2024, 15:50, edited 1 time in total.

Emag
Emag

LionsHeart wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 15:46
Emag wrote:
LionsHeart wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 14:15

Do you really need a counterargument? I remember that Lando makes mistakes every year. And this season is no different from the previous ones. You should be the one giving a full explanation of why Lando is so pathetic even compared to 2019. I am happy with Lando's performance, unlike you. So don't shift the blame.

The only difference in Lando's performances can be whether each mistake affects the final result or not. That's all. If even Max has started making mistakes under pressure, and in recent years he has been super stable. What's surprising? Go ahead, give your arguments fully and thoroughly.
The highlighted words are your words not mine. You look at a statement and take it for face value removing context from it. A bad season for someone who is considered a top tier driver is still a good season of measure for an average driver. Just because they weren't perfect, it doesn't mean they are horrible.

Your inability to answer my question just proves my point. "No, you" is not an argument.

You would be challenged to find a true "perfect" weekend for Lando this year, whereas he has made mistakes pretty much throughout the entire year starting from qualifying in Bahrain, messing up his second lap in Q3, up to Silverstone now doing the same.

I listed a couple of things which turned out to be the most costly and discounted the many more errors he has made this year which may or may have not had a negative impact on results. You on the other hand, have failed to provide a single proper argument as to why do you personally think this is a strong season for Lando compared to pretty much all of his other seasons excluding his rookie year. I don't see why I should add further defense to my opinion & point of view when you have done nothing to refute it.

At this point, it looks like you respond just for the sake of arguing. You reject the premise because you want to reject it, not because you have convincing arguments to believe I am wrong.

Why do you think this season is Lando's weakest? Give me some reasons first. I'll give you a detailed answer after the race.
To put it simply, given the performance of the car, in all of the previous seasons we have had at least one race from Lando where he "overperformed" and got a result out of the car which was not where the car "really belonged".

This season we have been talking about at least 2-3 races where he failed to get a result the car had the ability to get and not a single weekend where he seemed to be clearly a "step above".

Darth-Piekus

Guys no need to discuss it right now. Let's bring some positive energy for both Mclaren drivers. Let's push for the 1-2 and eat Mercedes for breakfast.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Emag wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 15:49
LionsHeart wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 15:46
Emag wrote:

Why do you think this season is Lando's weakest? Give me some reasons first. I'll give you a detailed answer after the race.
To put it simply, given the performance of the car, in all of the previous seasons we have had at least one race from Lando where he "overperformed" and got a result out of the car which was not where the car "really belonged".

This season we have been talking about at least 2-3 races where he failed to get a result the car had the ability to get and not a single weekend where he seemed to be clearly a "step above".
I agree with that. But that doesn't change the fact that Lando himself has become more stable. And the results don't lie to us. He has become more stable in the qualifying and the race. I think that's more important than his mistakes. And I'll repeat, it depends on how you look at mistakes that affect or don't affect the final result.

Mansell89
Mansell89

Did we go with higher DF in relation to the Mercs?

If so you think that might be handy if we get this shower in around 40 minutes time?

mclaren111

Let's Go Lando...

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Mansell89 wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 15:52

If so you think that might be handy if we get this shower in around 40 minutes time?
Comparable sized rear wings.

Mcl_G10
Mcl_G10

I think overtaking in the dry will be tough for us compared to verstappen. Lap 1 is very important here.

CjC
CjC

LionsHeart wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 15:54
Mansell89 wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 15:52

Comparable sized rear wings.
But I believe overall Merc are running less
Just a fan's point of view

Darth-Piekus

We need a normal start for both drivers to hold their positions and then attack. No need to overdo it at the start.

mwillems

We've got 2 new Meds, which gives us an advantage, even with some rain in the middle.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Tomsky
Tomsky

mwillems wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 16:00
We've got 2 new Meds, which gives us an advantage, even with some rain in the middle.
There will be one pit if it doesn't rain. Now we will get a lesson because of the speed on the straights

Szabi1112
Szabi1112

What an amateur manouvre from Norris…

Mcl_G10
Mcl_G10

Behind max, again.

mwillems

He was lacking temp in the tyres.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog