Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Thunder

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

Lots of work for the Team it seems.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118929
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Andres125sx

windwaves wrote:
Andres125sx wrote: So a brake failure due to a tear-off blocking disc ventilation is a sign of how low is car perfomance?
DNF is DNF is DNF. Until then Alonso was 13th or so. He did not finish hence best inference, he could have finished 13th.
I recommend you to watch the race before continue the moaning

Alonso was trying a 2 pitstop strategy, his first stint was 21 laps, longest than any other driver, and he managed to be 7th at the end of that stint because even at the end of the stint he was doing fast laps, so it looked like a good strategy. Yes, then he did his first pitstop and he was 13th or so, but from that point he had to do 1 less stop than the rest
windwaves wrote:Button finished last. That is a measure of performance.
So it´s when you have problems what gives you the real perfomance level?

Maybe you didn´t notice, but Button said he had serious problems and this race he was scared inside the car because as soon as he hit the throttle he loose the rear... even in high speed corners

So no, that´s not their real perfomance level
windwaves wrote:Now, Alonso said that he could have finished 9th or 10th, that would be nice,
No, he said he could have finished 8th or 9th, and he obviously know much better than you and me

Andres125sx

Thunders wrote:Lots of work for the Team it seems.
Sure, Alonso said after the gp they still have a lot of PU potential to unlock even without using tokens

GoranF1
GoranF1

Comrade Fernando:

"l am very fully motivated. If we can be competitive soon it will taste sweet because we have started from zero and I think we will get points in Monaco,” he predicted. “From now on we will be on the limit for tenth places for the next two or three races. Hopefully after Canada and Austria we will be more secure – seventh l hope. That is the target.

"In the final part of the championship, even if l am optimistic, hopefully we will be close to the podium.”
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Thunder

#aerogollum

Abhi719
Abhi719

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

Mclaren are getting impatient with Honda

"A couple of races ago I was talking to one of the (McLaren) engineers and they told me they were impatient with the Japanese.

"They said the Japanese want to try everything two or three times, but the McLaren engineers tell them they know it will not work and it's better to go another way," Jorda said on Spanish radio Cadena Ser.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... ith_Honda/

windwaves
windwaves

Andres125sx wrote:
windwaves wrote:
Andres125sx wrote: So a brake failure due to a tear-off blocking disc ventilation is a sign of how low is car perfomance?
DNF is DNF is DNF. Until then Alonso was 13th or so. He did not finish hence best inference, he could have finished 13th.
I recommend you to watch the race before continue the moaning

Alonso was trying a 2 pitstop strategy, his first stint was 21 laps, longest than any other driver, and he managed to be 7th at the end of that stint because even at the end of the stint he was doing fast laps, so it looked like a good strategy. Yes, then he did his first pitstop and he was 13th or so, but from that point he had to do 1 less stop than the rest
windwaves wrote:Button finished last. That is a measure of performance.
So it´s when you have problems what gives you the real perfomance level?

Maybe you didn´t notice, but Button said he had serious problems and this race he was scared inside the car because as soon as he hit the throttle he loose the rear... even in high speed corners

So no, that´s not their real perfomance level
windwaves wrote:Now, Alonso said that he could have finished 9th or 10th, that would be nice,
No, he said he could have finished 8th or 9th, and he obviously know much better than you and me
the only one moaning is yourself. If you don't get it I am sorry.

If car has problems and cannot finish the race, in this sport in case you did not get it, performance is WORTH ZERO.

Last and dnf is the performance of McL in Spain. End of story. Sorry man.

windwaves
windwaves

Thunders wrote:Lots of work for the Team it seems.
Well I surely hope so ! It seems to me they have some catching up to do, doh !

Lets go guys, lets fix this car and at least shoot for a few points this season !!!

BANZAI !!!!!

zeph
zeph

I understand McLaren and Honda can't publicly say that everything sucks, but I think Button's assessment -that they may not get any points at all this season- is a far more candid take on reality than the PR fluff from the official channels.

I sure hope that they'll be able to turn things around, but I am not optimistic.

CjC
CjC

zeph wrote:I understand McLaren and Honda can't publicly say that everything sucks, but I think Button's assessment -that they may not get any points at all this season- is a far more candid take on reality than the PR fluff from the official channels.

I sure hope that they'll be able to turn things around, but I am not optimistic.
Jenson has a tendency to hugely over exaggerate.
You hear Button over the team radio saying 'I have massive front locking' and as the viewer you'd expect to see a lap from button where at every corner you will see a locked brake, a missed apex and a trip across the gravel on exit, but in reality you don't even see a puff of smoke.

He made the comments straight after the race where he wanted more, he was disappointed and the adrenaline was still running high. Ask him now what he thinks and he will be more optimistic.
Just a fan's point of view

windwaves
windwaves

CjC wrote:
zeph wrote:I understand McLaren and Honda can't publicly say that everything sucks, but I think Button's assessment -that they may not get any points at all this season- is a far more candid take on reality than the PR fluff from the official channels.

Jenson has a tendency to hugely over exaggerate.
You hear Button over the team radio saying 'I have massive front locking' and as the viewer you'd expect to see a lap from button where at every corner you will see a locked brake, a missed apex and a trip across the gravel on exit, but in reality you don't even see a puff of smoke.

He made the comments straight after the race where he wanted more, he was disappointed and the adrenaline was still running high. Ask him now what he thinks and he will be more optimistic.

I actually agree with you on Button's way. It is just too bad that there is very little here to exaggerate: situtation is bad. I do want to think a point or two might be achieved thsi season, but the situation is bad.

Andres125sx

windwaves wrote:
the only one moaning is yourself. If you don't get it I am sorry.

If car has problems and cannot finish the race, in this sport in case you did not get it, performance is WORTH ZERO.

Last and dnf is the performance of McL in Spain. End of story. Sorry man.
Analysing a race is not moaning

Stating Alonso was 13th but with 1 pitstop left when all the rest had 2 pitstops left is not moaning

Saying a plastic film blocking brake ventilation and causing a DNF is not a reference of car perfomance is not moaning.

Ignoring all this facts to state McLaren perfomance sucks is moaning. If you don´t get it I´m sorry

Andres125sx

Alonso said he does not discard a podium or even a victory this season if circumstances are in favour, similar to RBR victories last season

Probably he´s too optimistic, but surely Button is too pessimistic. I´d say they will score points, and they could even become third team if develpment continue at this rate. They´re not that far from that (from third team), there´re many races left yet, and they´re the team with biggest margin for improvement without using tokens (alonso words)

bauc

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118950

Honda motorsport chief Yasuhisa Arai concedes he is a man under pressure as he attempts to recapture the engine manufacturer's previous glory days in Formula 1 with McLaren.

In a bold statement, though, Arai has not only predicted a podium finish will come before the British Grand Prix in early July, but the likelihood McLaren-Honda will be firmly challenging Mercedes by the end of the year, then dominating in the near future.

Arai's words are likely to raise eyebrows given McLaren has yet to score a point from five grands prix following a difficult start to its reunion with Honda, and he appreciates the spotlight is on him. (for the full text, follow the link above)

Wow, another bald statement from Arai......what you guys think on this?

Thanks.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Thunder

I think Arai and Boullier should talk to each other a bit more. :D

EB said this last Week: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118788

I tend to be more on EB's side, since he knows more about the Car Performance. But maybe Arai's statement got somewhat altered in translation / english not beeing his first language.
But in all fairness, Arai said "maybe" and "we hope". He didn't promise anything. But that part will be generously overlooked for more clicks...... :roll:
#aerogollum