2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
deadhead

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

JPower wrote:
13 Sep 2024, 16:24
Looks fairly competitive. Knowing Red Bull they are probably on high fuel but its going to be tight.
Their usual low power mode, at least with VER's car

Xyz22
Xyz22

Leclerc had a mediocre exit out of the last corner

search

interestingly. Piastri had no traffic at all in the end, as far as I can see. His times just got slow.

.Bole
.Bole

I dont think we can fight with Norris and Ver here.

aleksandar2806
aleksandar2806

.Bole wrote:
13 Sep 2024, 17:18
Yes we can

ScuderiaLeo

Leclerc Friday interview:

There’s not much to analyze. I braked a bit too much on the right, the track was dirty, I went straight, it was too late to turn, and I hit the wall. Not the best way to start, but I still feel confident with the car, and I like the circuit. At the start of FP2, we had a problem with a new component in the car. We simply removed it and replaced it. It wasn’t a consequence of the crash, and it wasn’t a mistake by the mechanics, they did a great job.

We are fast. We couldn’t complete all the laps we wanted for the program, but we’re competitive. We don’t know what the others are doing with the engine and other things. The grid is definitely tight, and it will be a tough battle. There’s still a lot we can do to improve over the weekend.
Sainz:

The track was an issue for everyone. It was very dirty and slippery, and from the data, we saw that we were slower. The track is 5 seconds slower than last year. During FP1, we had a brake problem, but we managed to improve it. Additionally, my neck hurts, I’m struggling to move it. I slept poorly, but I hope it will improve by tomorrow.

About pace, we’ll only understand the real performance when we all go out on track together with Soft tires for qualifying. It's hard to make a definitive judgment on the car’s balance. However, we made progress between the two sessions, and I hope we can improve further. We’ll all be close, and the difference will come from tire preparation, managing to put together a good lap, or being in the right place at the right time.

deadhead

.Bole wrote:
13 Sep 2024, 17:18
Maybe not for pole, which I still think is on the cards, but certainly in the race if one of the cars starts on the 2nd row

yooogurt

Federico Albano:
Finally, as far as the Maranello team is concerned, the two SF-24s performed well on track. The impression is that they have no particular performance peaks on the straight or in the corners, but that the set-up considered by the Cavallino engineers was the best compromise for the Baku circuit and the complicated conditions on Friday. Leclerc recorded the best time on the dry lap (although he was helped by the fact that he started later than his rivals) and Sainz recorded the second best average in the race pace simulations, as well as the best overall performance, precisely on the long runs, where he arrived in the last sector with at least a two-tenths advantage over the competition, only to lose Verstappen very slowly on the long straight and be overtaken by Hamilton's Mercedes very quickly on the straight.
This is an indication that the red car was a fundamentally balanced car. The challenge now for Vasseur's engineers and for Sainz and Leclerc is to be able to follow the evolution of the track, which will change significantly as the sessions progress and will require a set-up that knows how to keep pace without losing the precious and delicate balance on which these cars operate. The other challenge for Ferrari will be to find the tyre operating window in qualifying, with temperatures that are not particularly high and a track that puts everyone at a disadvantage from a tyre warm-up point of view, given the lack of strong, sustained lateral acceleration and, at the same time, very long straights that create macroscopic differences between the front end temperatures (which fall) and the rear end temperatures (which rise with traction).
https://www.formulapassion.it/f1/f1-ana ... ove-libere
FORZA FERRARI!

yooogurt

Federico Albano:
Finally, as far as the Maranello team is concerned, the two SF-24s performed well on track. The impression is that they have no particular performance peaks on the straight or in the corners, but that the set-up considered by the Cavallino engineers was the best compromise for the Baku circuit and the complicated conditions on Friday. Leclerc recorded the best time on the dry lap (although he was helped by the fact that he started later than his rivals) and Sainz recorded the second best average in the race pace simulations, as well as the best overall performance, precisely on the long runs, where he arrived in the last sector with at least a two-tenths advantage over the competition, only to lose Verstappen very slowly on the long straight and be overtaken by Hamilton's Mercedes very quickly on the straight.
This is an indication that the red car was a fundamentally balanced car. The challenge now for Vasseur's engineers and for Sainz and Leclerc is to be able to follow the evolution of the track, which will change significantly as the sessions progress and will require a set-up that knows how to keep pace without losing the precious and delicate balance on which these cars operate. The other challenge for Ferrari will be to find the tyre operating window in qualifying, with temperatures that are not particularly high and a track that puts everyone at a disadvantage from a tyre warm-up point of view, given the lack of strong, sustained lateral acceleration and, at the same time, very long straights that create macroscopic differences between the front end temperatures (which fall) and the rear end temperatures (which rise with traction).
https://www.formulapassion.it/f1/f1-ana ... ove-libere
FORZA FERRARI!

deadhead

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... cyRt4AXQYg

“That wasn’t great to start the weekend, but I still had a lot of confidence in the car, so there wasn’t much problem. Then the thing is that when we started FP2 there was an actual problem on the car that we saw later on, once I stopped, and we changed that particular part.

“It was nothing to do with the crash before, so the mechanics have done a really good job. We just had a problem with one new part that we had just put on the car. I won’t go too much into details but that was obviously giving me a very strange feeling with the steering wheel.

AS IT HAPPENED: Follow all the action from second practice for the Azerbaijan Grand Prix

“We changed that, went again and then it was fine. It was not as many laps as what I would have hoped for on this Friday, but competitive anyway.”

Vanja #66

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
13 Sep 2024, 18:40
Leclerc Friday interview:
At the start of FP2, we had a problem with a new component in the car. We simply removed it and replaced it. It wasn’t a consequence of the crash, and it wasn’t a mistake by the mechanics, they did a great job.
Fair enough, it's not his garage, it's just his luck... :roll:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

This could easily come down to who lucks into the right setup for tires+track condition, both for qualifying and/or the race. Really seems quite anomalous so far, with the track not behaving as anybody expected, and likely to change further.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

commentators are saying Pirelli have inflated Tyre pressure, this will impact Ferrari negativity right?

yooogurt

Fakepivot wrote:
14 Sep 2024, 10:45
commentators are saying Pirelli have inflated Tyre pressure, this will impact Ferrari negativity right?
Right now looks like it helps.
FORZA FERRARI!

ScuderiaLeo

Leclerc was investigated for not slowing under yellow, but thankfully just a reprimand. Explanation makes sense and it would've been unfair since the yellow flag was hidden from view, but I was still worried since they usually punish this.

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files ... 0flags.pdf

Onto quali!