General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
techman
techman

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

i cant believe why toro rosso running low wing. i hope they add more downforce the top speed are fantastic why not add more downforce to grip around corners.

Bill
Bill

To be fair they always had great top speed even before upgrades,I think they haven't used the hypersoft.

Marti_EF3

Bill wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 17:55
To be fair they always had great top speed even before upgrades,I think they haven't used the hypersoft.
They used Ultrasoft and not with low fuel I guess... Lets see FP2

techman
techman

just had look at race pace, and its pretty good. only 0.5 slower to mer that harlty. so gasly probably even quicker.

HPD

:wtf:
Cyril Abiteboul: It is very different and I appreciate that. But frankly, as far as I am concerned, they have a chance with us to become world champion again. I cannot say for Honda.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rena ... h-1045174/

Marti_EF3

HPD wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 12:44
Cyril Abiteboul: It is very different and I appreciate that. But frankly, as far as I am concerned, they have a chance with us to become world champion again. I cannot say for Honda.
They are getting a bit nervous about loosing the only customer who can win races with the Renault PU?? Maybe because if they got Honda, they can win anyway?? That will be a big loss for Renault...

loner

Marti_EF3 wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 13:06
HPD wrote:
They are getting a bit nervous about loosing the only customer who can win races with the Renault PU?? Maybe because if they got Honda, they can win anyway?? That will be a big loss for Renault...
the thing they can't realize is .. there is a different between winning a race or two and winning a title.
cheap talk from Renault .. numbers talks.
para bellum.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Re: Honda Power Unit

Great job, Honda!
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

PlatinumZealot

Marti_EF3 wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 13:06
HPD wrote:
This is exaclty what I was saying a few pages back and got rubbished for it.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

loner

Canada qualy was a confirmation for me that Honda surpassed Renault .. Hartley is slower at least 4 tenths than GAS and he was .5 off HULK i assume GAS would qualified not more than a tenth or two behind HULK.
and there is no way STR chassis is up there with Renault.. budget wise.
para bellum.

j.yank
j.yank

Taking into account that a) Hartley is not very experienced on this race track, b) he did some mistakes in Q2 not improving his own best time in Q1, c) in the same time he was almost even with Ocon in Q1, d) TR chassis is not superior to Force India, I would boldly guess that Honda have almost leveled the Mercedes engine :shock:

Marti_EF3

j.yank wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 23:04
Taking into account that a) Hartley is not very experienced on this race track, b) he did some mistakes in Q2 not improving his own best time in Q1, c) in the same time he was almost even with Ocon in Q1, d) TR chassis is not superior to Force India, I would boldly guess that Honda have almost leveled the Mercedes engine :shock:
A bit too optimistic if its not sarcasm :lol: The FI Mercedes PU is 7 races old :?

But at least it seems that the gap with Renault is closed, tomorrow if all goes okay on the start, we will see how is the race pace, fuel saving and harvesting...

McMika98
McMika98

Really hope Verstappen headbutts some idiotic british journalist hell bend on pushing their agenda. Andrew Benson, who has the technical ability that school children would be embarrassed by, cannot comprehend that new Honda spec engine delivered 0.5 of lap time gain. He insinuates that Gasly messed up and was outdone by Hartley as there is no other reason to explain the gap is his words.
And Ted from sky just harps on about Honda and their poor engine and reliability.
Like i said laptime is the only number we need to know. If that was a Honda engine in Mclaren, they would be out with the 100hp deficit statements and use the straight line speed as proof. Lets not foget their calculation of horsepower and laptimes. So much for journalism.
Last edited by McMika98 on 09 Jun 2018, 23:13, edited 1 time in total.

loner

j.yank wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 23:04
funny .. :mrgreen:
iam quoting for a later reply :wink:
para bellum.

Marti_EF3

McMika98 wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 23:11
Really hope Verstappen headbutts some idiotic british journalist hell bend on pushing their agenda. Andrew Benson, who has the technical ability that school children would be embarrassed by, cannot comprehend that new Honda spec engine delivered 0.5 of lap time gain. He insinuates that Gasly messed up and was outdone by Hartley as there is no other reason to explain the gap is his words.
And Ted from sky just baggers on about Honda and their poor engine and reliability.
Like i said laptime is the only number we need to know. If that was a Honda engine in Mclaren, they would be out with the 100hp deficit statements and use the straight line speed as proof. Lets not foget their calculation of horsepower and laptimes. So much for journalism.
Some british journalists are obsessed with Mclaren, and still believe Honda were all the problems... They hate Honda, I'm bored to read that BS from that sources about Honda...