2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
etusch

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

Sayeman wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 08:01
I don't know man, Racepace doesnt look that good either. Are they slower than Sauber? What a rubbish start of the season. Can someone explain why Hartley was 40 sec behind Leclerc after the safety car restart?

Another engine blow up? Nice. who would have thought?

Just leave the sport Honda. Utterly incompetent, 4 years in, still nowhere.
Unfortunatly they looks slowest but Honda must stay in F1.

zoroastar

Fulcrum wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 08:30
They are definitely the slowest team on the circuit, but this isn't entirely due to power deficiency.

The car looks to be heavy on tyres. They're pretty reasonable at the beginning of a stint, but they're falling off badly from the midpoint of the stint onward. Three factors are likely contributing to this:

- pure chassis related issues.
- inconsistent power/torque delivery.
- chassis-engine coupling not optimal relative to other teams.

Who knows which component is most prominent, but for sure, the third one will improve with each race.
are you sure that its not all down to an extremely draggy chassis?

DFX
DFX

zoroastar wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 08:48
Fulcrum wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 08:30
They are definitely the slowest team on the circuit, but this isn't entirely due to power deficiency.

The car looks to be heavy on tyres. They're pretty reasonable at the beginning of a stint, but they're falling off badly from the midpoint of the stint onward. Three factors are likely contributing to this:

- pure chassis related issues.
- inconsistent power/torque delivery.
- chassis-engine coupling not optimal relative to other teams.

Who knows which component is most prominent, but for sure, the third one will improve with each race.
are you sure that its not all down to an extremely draggy chassis?
:mrgreen:

Soichiro
Soichiro

A race to forget. What was Hartley doing not closing up behind safety car? He wasn't pushing to catch the tail - at least that is what it looked like following the gap on F1 app. When race restarted he regained a bit ground until he had to let front runners past.

Curios what went wrong with Gasly's engine.

techman
techman

bad luck. we see in bahrain with more updates

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Soichiro wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 08:54
A race to forget. What was Hartley doing not closing up behind safety car? He wasn't pushing to catch the tail - at least that is what it looked like following the gap on F1 app. When race restarted he regained a bit ground until he had to let front runners past.

Curios what went wrong with Gasly's engine.
Probably exercising caution, till the know full details of Gasly's failure.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

loner

it was so obvious the car is slow but i still want to know how gasly gained more than 10 seconds in 6 laps against Stroll ?!! :lol: :lol:
para bellum.

Revs84
Revs84

Hartley seemed to manage Stroll's same pace. Just curious why he started +30s following the Safety Car.

In regards to Gasly I'm just gutted, like probably all Honda fans, that after such good reliability in testing, they get a PU failure on the first race :( Curious to see what this turns out to be. TC maybe? Gasly managed to drive back after all.

Overall a weekend to forget but I'm sure they will bounce back and keep working hard :)

Soichiro
Soichiro

loner wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 09:01
it was so obvious the car is slow but i still want to know how gasly gained more than 10 seconds in 6 laps ?!! :lol: :lol:
Gasly was doing OK until the problem emerged. His pace was good in reference to Williams and FI considering the situation. If it wasn't for Hartley blocking him into the first corner he might have been even further up. So Gasly is showing some promise but Hartley has yet to show some pace.

Sayeman

I don't know what these Honda engineers do, probably turns deaf to every suggestion that comes from outside of Japan. Probably doesnt know about this PU much, but goes on to fiddle with it without help anyway in their Sakura bubble. And when everything eventually fails they come out saying "Sorry Sorry", the engineers are working "Very Hard" back in sakura to deal with the issue. Same story every year.

Just buy some help from other manufacturers, FIA/Liberty will surely step in to help. Big company like Honda lagging at the back doesnt help anyone.
Never Give up.

restless
restless

Hartley pitted on 2nd lap - probably some damage at the start? I missed the start, just rereading live feeds
And it seems he pitted just before VSC, at least TR tweet looks that way ...

Sayeman

restless wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 09:12
Hartley pitted on 2nd lap - probably some damage at the start? I missed the start, just rereading live feeds
And it seems he pitted just before VSC, at least TR tweet looks that way ...
He locked up at the first corner and flatspotted the tyres
Never Give up.

McMika98
McMika98

Deja vu. Wretched weekend after a promising pre season. Guess Mclaren decision has been vindicated.
Engine trouble in first race without even pushing it to the limits. Damm. So Wazari spec 4.0 is still unreliable and slow. They could not even keep up with the Saubers. Despite the massive inlet and space for cooling the engine does not fail to fail.

Honda will most likely pull out next year now.

Sayeman

McMika98 wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 09:14
Deja vu. Wretched weekend after a promising pre season. Guess Mclaren decision has been vindicated.
Engine trouble in first race without even pushing it to the limits. Damm. So Wazari spec 4.0 is still unreliable and slow. They could not even keep up with the Saubers. Despite the massive inlet and space for cooling the engine does not fail to fail.

If they have even a little of dignity, they should pull out. Even I am feeling embarrassed.
Never Give up.

Soichiro
Soichiro

Sayeman wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 09:20
McMika98 wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 09:14
If they have even a little of dignity, they should pull out. Even I am feeling embarrassed.
That would mean giving up. They need to make it. Everything else will be seen as defeat. It is a hard time being Honda and a Honda fan, but it is the moments like this that truly separates the stronger from the weak.