2022 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2022 Alpine F1 Team

That's a relief. The overalls look terrible

Pany
Pany

I suggest the team to xoncentrate 100% on car and engine development. They are factory team and are nowhere. Playing with brand f1 image with new colors ad messages will not work. Supporters are seriosly disappointed

diffuser

Pany wrote:
27 May 2022, 09:01
I suggest the team to xoncentrate 100% on car and engine development. They are factory team and are nowhere. Playing with brand f1 image with new colors ad messages will not work. Supporters are seriosly disappointed
Pretty sure that's sales, or something like the sales division, working on that and not the team. Naturally the drives get volenteer for that but they have predesignated time at every race for that kind of stuff.

BTW, ICE development isn't allowed. There might be a new MGU-H and MGU-K but with the deadline being Sept I doudt that is keeping the whole PU team busy.

Kamel
Kamel

Just like the Ferrari, A522 works in the upper register, calmly coping with bumps, potentially could be fast in Monaco, but alas. The gap is too big on such a short track

diffuser

Kamel wrote:
27 May 2022, 20:53
Just like the Ferrari, A522 works in the upper register, calmly coping with bumps, potentially could be fast in Monaco, but alas. The gap is too big on such a short track

We'll see tomorrow if they can fix a problem they have with being able to brake on the bumps. In the data, Norris's speed was always faster in the top speeds. Looks like Alo had the PU turned down more than Norris, cause supprisingly Alo was faster it most of the traction zones. Norris had the edge in the quick change of directions(chicanes). The trick is gonna be to fix the braking issues without losing the traction out of the corners.

Kamel
Kamel

The suspension is damaged, also that very expensive front wing. But i think its possible to fix them without losing quality.
Rain race, there may be surprises. I hope for a great team strategy and fast quality pitstops

Michelangelo
Michelangelo

What happened to Alonso? I waited until the end to see an onboard at least but they showed nothing. How fast was the impact?

diffuser

Michelangelo wrote:
28 May 2022, 17:37
What happened to Alonso? I waited until the end to see an onboard at least but they showed nothing. How fast was the impact?
He hit the side of the road (big bump) and slid into the corner down the start finish straight. Only damaged the front wing.

I don't think the front suspension is damaged, it looked good but maybe it was.

edit
I was wrong, the front left suspension broken...

Michelangelo
Michelangelo

Thanks for the vid. Hopefully the car is fine for tomorrow. It was a really good first lap and a promising grid spot.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

Alonso is on fire.

he is the GOAT and still at his peak level.

lets hope for a littel bit of luck and a lot of points tomorrow.

if tomorrow we have a wet race, all can happen

TLof
TLof

Great drive from Alonso, also Ocon with a surprising recovery after he was struggling with the car until Q1. I think P6 / P7 for both cars looked realistic, but considering it looked worse in Free Practice this is a decent result. Now let's see how the tyre degredation will be like. . . :roll:

diffuser

TLof wrote:
28 May 2022, 18:16
Great drive from Alonso, also Ocon with a surprising recovery after he was struggling with the car until Q1. I think P6 / P7 for both cars looked realistic, but considering it looked worse in Free Practice this is a decent result. Now let's see how the tyre degredation will be like. . . :roll:
I was wondering if he just took Alonso's setup? Cause he couldn't get the car to do anything, then boom he was there.

Andres125sx

Alonso wrote:I made a mistake. The out-lap was not ideal so the brakes were cold already in Turn 1, Turn 3, Turn 4; I was thinking if I should keep pushing or not because I did not feel the car was right, or the preparation right.

And then I was looking at the steering wheel and I braked too late for Turn 5, so it was a very stupid mistake. It hurts a little bit because I think there is more potential in the car, so it was my mistake today, I didn’t complete the lap, so maybe P5 was possible, and I made that mistake.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... YLqfF.html

peewon

Porpoising at Alpine, more of a problem than at other teams? Some interesting observations also with diff. between the two drivers.

Direct link: https://youtu.be/v8Fg7rFyZxA?t=417

diffuser

peewon wrote:
29 May 2022, 12:49
https://youtu.be/v8Fg7rFyZxA?t=417

Porpoising at Alpine, more of a problem than at other teams? Some interesting observations also with diff. between the two drivers.

Direct link: https://youtu.be/v8Fg7rFyZxA?t=417
I was following Alonso on the onboard in Spain. I could see the porpoising at the end of the start finish straight. Pretty sure he had the car's ride level lower than Ocon.