2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

practicing pitstops. nice. would love to see the timing. i really like the way the team looks. the orange on blue looks great and the yellow on black for the pitcrew looks great.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

adrianjordan

Manoah2u wrote:
24 Feb 2018, 19:00
practicing pitstops. nice. would love to see the timing. i really like the way the team looks. the orange on blue looks great and the yellow on black for the pitcrew looks great.
I think the pitcrew are wearing orange and black, not yellow.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

diffuser

Andres125sx wrote:
24 Feb 2018, 12:26
JonoNic wrote:
24 Feb 2018, 11:43
Sorry, but Alonso was portrayed as 'always' unhappy by the media. That same media will change their approach this season. The plain even clean looking scheme is to attract sponsors and appeal to faithful McLaren supporters.
So Alonso´s past seasons angry and also the smile we´ve seen just after his first run in the new car are all media manipulations?

Remove your tinfoil hat please
I think it's good that he's happy but I wouldn't read anything into that with regards to where McLaren is with respect to the other cars.

dashboard107k
dashboard107k

KFC/Jagonya Ayam sponsoring mclaren? A post of Stoff’s helmet with KFC Jagonya Ayam brand on it. :?:
Sean Gelael money????

Squid
Squid

Isn't Stoffel friends with Sean Gelael? That's probably where it came from.

Edit: Apparently Stoffel hung out with Gelael and a few other drivers in Indonesia last month.

Andres125sx

JonoNic wrote:
24 Feb 2018, 12:37
Andres125sx wrote:
JonoNic wrote:
24 Feb 2018, 11:43
Sorry, but Alonso was portrayed as 'always' unhappy by the media. That same media will change their approach this season. The plain even clean looking scheme is to attract sponsors and appeal to faithful McLaren supporters.
So Alonso´s past seasons angry and also the smile we´ve seen just after his first run in the new car are all media manipulations?

Remove your tinfoil hat please
Care to explain why you think I'm wearing a tinfoil hat.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
It´s all media manipulation!

Avocado
Avocado

I'm in love with the new look. Please, keep it forever!

Vasconia

I think that halo should be painted with the same colour like the rest of the car, otherwise I dig the new livery ,its a vast improvement IMO. Nice to see Alonso happy again, at least we should see him having some good battles with the front runners.

mclaren111

Wonder why the CNBC, Logitec and Airgain sponsor stickers are so hidden away ??

Even if they are not large sponsors, they deserve more visibility in my view !!

Alonso Fan

mclaren111 wrote:
25 Feb 2018, 14:25
Wonder why the CNBC, Logitec and Airgain sponsor stickers are so hidden away ??

Even if they are not large sponsors, they deserve more visibility in my view !!
I guess they'll have to pay more to get more visibility
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Vasconia wrote:
25 Feb 2018, 14:15
I think that halo should be painted with the same colour like the rest of the car, otherwise I dig the new livery ,its a vast improvement IMO. Nice to see Alonso happy again, at least we should see him having some good battles with the front runners.
it depends. if it's painted in full, it looks even more obnoxious and eye-catching. look at the williams and the alfa romeo. the halo looks enormeous and you can't miss it, whereas in the case of the Mclaren, Mercedes, RedBull and Haas, you can 'hardly' spot it or atleast, it doesn't catch as much attention.

Ferrari has done a interesting job though where it looks to flow rather well, and painted the underside black/kept it unpainted at the lower side, which makes it look like it's a lot slimmer than it actually is.

the implemention of the ferrari logo on the v-side of the halo also makes it look better.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Vasconia

Manoah2u wrote:
25 Feb 2018, 14:30
Vasconia wrote:
it depends. if it's painted in full, it looks even more obnoxious and eye-catching. look at the williams and the alfa romeo. the halo looks enormeous and you can't miss it, whereas in the case of the Mclaren, Mercedes, RedBull and Haas, you can 'hardly' spot it or atleast, it doesn't catch as much attention.

Ferrari has done a interesting job though where it looks to flow rather well, and painted the underside black/kept it unpainted at the lower side, which makes it look like it's a lot slimmer than it actually is.

the implemention of the ferrari logo on the v-side of the halo also makes it look better.
Funny enough I have just mentioned in the Halo post that Ferrari´s implementation has been the best one. It looks more integrated with rest of the car and the painting makes it look better.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Vasconia wrote:
25 Feb 2018, 14:39
Manoah2u wrote:
25 Feb 2018, 14:30
Vasconia wrote:

Funny enough I have just mentioned in the Halo post that Ferrari´s implementation has been the best one. It looks more integrated with rest of the car and the painting makes it look better.
i actually just read that whilst noticing there's a reply to a post of mine :lol:

Vasconia

Manoah2u wrote:
25 Feb 2018, 14:44

i actually just read that whilst noticing there's a reply to a post of mine :lol:
If we were the PU and the chasis our car would perform perfectly well ,total coordination hahaha :lol:

marmer
marmer

Will be interesting this season with Renault.

A change of mindset from we can build everything as basically a works team and ended up with a compromised engine to fit their aero
To having to build aero around an engine they have no input into its shape and design.