Aston Martin wants hyper-car to be faster than F1 cars

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
variante

Re: Aston Martin wants hyper-car to be faster than F1 cars

hsg wrote:
03 Oct 2024, 12:47
Why Valkyrie at low RPM sound so bad and quiet?
Does engine even work or what produce that sound?

I cant understand why they didnt make sound like Zonda, Carrera GT etc for such a supercar?
It's probably the worst sounding supercar currently on the market. It has that constant gear whine that ruins the experience, and the V12 itself isn't tuned for particularly good notes either.

Holm86

variante wrote:
06 Oct 2024, 20:23
hsg wrote:

I cant understand why they didnt make sound like Zonda, Carrera GT etc for such a supercar?
It's probably the worst sounding supercar currently on the market. It has that constant gear whine that ruins the experience, and the V12 itself isn't tuned for particularly good notes either.
100% agree

hsg
hsg

variante wrote:
06 Oct 2024, 20:23
hsg wrote:

I cant believe what they do with sound. How people dont complain?!
Can believe how Newey allow Aston to make such a bad sound, because he is fan of NA engines, specially V10 high revs, as it told in interview.

Quantum

When focus of target objectives loses sight of how owners will use these cars. Aston not alone there *cough Project One cough*

Owners groups meet in London but yet to see a private one being driven in anger around a track. Most the footage I see is from Aston Martin themselves. Though it's my understanding that there is one brave owner that might be tempted to run the 'Ring according to Misha Charoudin...depending on the size of the fee he gets for it(and expressly against AM's advice to run at the ring with a Valkyrie).

From hypercar to hypothetical car as nobody wants to use it for what it was made for. Can't blame em at 4 million dollars. But somebody should've stepped in and said this needs to sound better pootling around Monaco, it's natural environment.
"Interplay of triads"

Chuckjr

The gear whine on that thing is horrendous. My god. It’s actually louder than the engine in this clip, and that would get really tiring. #-o
Watching F1 since 1986.