2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Mr.S
Mr.S

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

selvam_e2002 wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 11:18
ringo wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 04:33
Juzh wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 21:17
Fact of the matter is since silverstone update mercedes has been ahead by significant margin in every race apart from Zandvoort, but circumstances prevented them from capitalising on that massive pace. Anyone still not accepting that is a dreamer at this point. Sooner or later this run of less than optimal results for mercedes will come to an end and I fear Hamilton will just run away with it at that point.
Hamilton overtaking Verstappen on track tomorrow is entirely feasible scenario. Red bull has not been fast at all on back straight and DRS + slipstream is worth something like 30 kmh on this track.
Redbull was a very fast race car in Russia. For what it's worth we may see the same in Turkey. biased for race pace. Mercedes did not have any advantage in russia and thats why Bottas was so easily passed. Max was up to 9 seconds behind lewis at some point in russia, so i disagree with your very exagerated assessment. The races have been close. Even Monza during the race, as we saw that Mclaren had genuine race pace.
RB were lucky in Russia else they would have finished in P7 or P8. They cannot even overtake Alpine. Not sure how RB was fast in Russia?
We could say the same about Hamilton - He couldn't overtake Alonso (a better driver) for eternity in Hungary with a much quicker car & fresher tyres.

Anyways - Mercedes has been 2 tenths quicker than RB on an average - Sometimes it becomes more in tracks like Monza or Sochi but in tracks like Zandvoort it becomes equal or mabe a tenth to RB ! It is what it is !

Wouter

Interesting article from Mark Huges.

Mark Hughes: Why Red Bull car concept isn’t working in Turkey
https://the-race.com/formula-1/mark-hug ... in-turkey/
The Power of Dreams!

Gillian
Gillian

Thanks Wouter, very interesting indeed.

godlameroso

Steering wheel down must have been a caster change on the left side.
Saishū kōnā

godlameroso

RB will be stronger in COTA, back in the championship lead and the double podium eats into Mercedes constructor's lead, good race all things considered.
Saishū kōnā

max_speed
max_speed

Redbull should celebrate their luck hard. Finally a bit of luck landed on their side on track where they were slowest they have been whole year. They need to come back hard. If perez can put his car between verstappen and hamilton for just 2 races. Verstappen will have a decent shot at title

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

Hopefully Red Bull has the speed to fight in most of the remain races. They really didn’t have the pace in Turkey.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

TNTHead

Still a good sequence of two races: Russia from P20 to P2 with a totally renewed PU, this race P2 and P3 while HAM 'only' progressed from P11 to P5.

Wouter

Nice, a 2nd and 3rd place, "these are for Honda Racing F1!"

The Power of Dreams!

ringo

Strong result from Redbull. 33 points to constructors lead?
And Max always on the Podium.
The car was good today, not better than mercedes, but on the same pace with mercedes. They were able to stay in touch and Perez was able to manage his pace to some degree against Lewis.
Something was happening with Max steering wheel, as well as his gear changes, what was that all about?
For Sure!!

darkpino
darkpino

I agree, I’ve been saying the same since Silverstone. RBR didnt gain much and Mercedes did (I think they widened the setup window which makes it easier for them to find the sweet spot).

I hope I’m wrong but right now I’m thinking Mercedes/Lucky Lewis will run away with the championship

Gillian
Gillian

This weekend for sure did not look good for Red Bull. I'm a bit amazed Leclerc could keep up with Verstappen for most of the race.

godlameroso

It was just the nature of the track, the waterblasting and smooth surface benefitted Mercedes. There's no such luxury in Austin, Moto GP doesn't want to go back unless the track is resurfaced, and water blasting it won't eliminate the bumps nor is there enough time to repave the track even if they wanted to or could. Plus they can dial back the rear wing a bit in Austin which should give the team a better balance with the car.
Saishū kōnā

Sieper

I hope so. That Max got the WDC lead here is a big surprise, Mercedes was way faster. Good job by both RBR drivers and good and fair defending also by Yuki.

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

godlameroso wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 15:26
Steering wheel down must have been a caster change on the left side.
After the race, Max suspect it was just the weird tire wear afterall.