2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
atanatizante

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

Wrong post!
Last edited by atanatizante on 05 Nov 2021, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

atanatizante

dans79 wrote:
05 Nov 2021, 20:41
So is it just me, or does anyone else think Merc was testing out vastly different set-ups?

Bottas was substantially faster in sector 2, while Lewis was substantially faster in sector 3.
Me too ... I think they`ve tested 2 RW configurations here in FP1, although I don`t have any evidence, but is something common they did in the last races ...
Jesus

atanatizante

atanatizante wrote:
05 Nov 2021, 20:51
dans79 wrote:
05 Nov 2021, 20:41
So is it just me, or does anyone else think Merc was testing out vastly different set-ups?

Bottas was substantially faster in sector 2, while Lewis was substantially faster in sector 3.
Me too ... I think they`ve tested 2 RW configurations here in FP1, although I don`t have any evidence, but is something common they did in the last races ...
Here is HAM`s RW, based on the FIA camera that is on top of the engine air intake:

Instead, BOT`s RW has a bigger curvature in the middle of the main plain RW and a shallower DRS flap, thus it explains (partly) why he got a higher top speed than HAM ... hope I could provide a photo with that ...
Jesus

atanatizante

Here you go, although I`ve posted also in the W12 thread ...

Jesus

pursue_one's

Christian Horner said that they saw that Mercedes were running a higher engine mode in their fast laps in FP1 (similar to in Austin).

https://www.motorsport-magazin.com/form ... l-ferrari/

Marty_Y
Marty_Y

Over the weekend I've been hearing reports saying that HPP were not expecting the PU to be at a disadvantage compared with other power units.

It looks like they were correct, Mercedes were fastest in Q1, Q2 and Q3, hopefully they can convert the front row lockout into a victory tomorrow.

Marty_Y
Marty_Y

And he wins the Juan Manuel Fangio award that celebrates 70 years since the Formula 1 legend's first of five championship titles.

adrianjordan

So how soon do we expect Mercedes to swap Bottas and Hamilton?

You would think fairly early on and use Bottas to try and back up Max to allow Hamilton to try and build a gap.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Mansell89
Mansell89

I guess navigate turn one and see where the cards fall, and then react to that.

Marty_Y
Marty_Y

ringo

Hamilton will get the better start i feel.

I hope when does he does not leave too much space to bring Bottas along nicely then Max is the one who then takes advantage of that.

There was a race where hamilton got a good start and then positioned himself to give bottas a tow and someone else got the benefit as well.
For Sure!!

InsaneX_Badger

ringo wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 17:28
Hamilton will get the better start i feel.

I hope when does he does not leave too much space to bring Bottas along nicely then Max is the one who then takes advantage of that.

There was a race where hamilton got a good start and then positioned himself to give bottas a tow and someone else got the benefit as well.
Think that was Spain 2020 wasn't it? Ham in front and Bottas got a slight tow but then had to get out as he got too close and then Max benefitted from ham's tow and took 2nd??

jurinius
jurinius

Now its clear that Bottas has a fine with the Mercedes team to fight only if it is for his interest. Since the second part of the season, I don't any team effort by him in order to help Lewis Hamilton. It is fair and that will give more value to Hamilton if he wins this championship.
“And suddenly I realized that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.”
― Ayrton Senna

rickybobbyf1
rickybobbyf1

Left the door completely open for the bull… Idk what he was thinking.

1m0bius1
1m0bius1

All they had to do was both move to the side that Verstappen went for the overtake. Instead bottas the Moron left the door wide open. for verstappen around the outside. Had they both moved to one side Verstappen would have been screwed and would have had to back out.

Seemed deliberate on Bottas' part. He made a crappy start, initially moved the cover then randomly moved toward lewis and opened the door to Max completely around the outside.