2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Snorked
Snorked

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I wonder what this is about:

From Red Bull thread on Autosport.
It seems like we are about to hear some F1 related news from Asia which are under embargo tonight....

At 03:30 AM CET time.
Honda now staying in F1? 😆

godlameroso

View from Verstappen's helmet.

Saishū kōnā

ringo

No that's not the car..it's too slow for that! that's the breaking the "getting 100% out of the car" extraction barrier.
For Sure!!

godlameroso

Not useful for RB's challengers egos.
Saishū kōnā

ispano6

Just_a_fan wrote:
05 Nov 2021, 13:07
TimW wrote:
05 Nov 2021, 12:43
Maybe, some day, they will realize that F1 is a team sport, and that you cannot separate between car and driver
Exactly. But people, for whatever reason, identify with the individual and not the team. A team of 1000 people needs a face for people to like it, and the driver is the public face of the team like it or not.
Speak for yourself, there are many who root for the team, and that includes both drivers. You do realize there are Honda and Ferrari fans, regardless of the driver. Honda brought with it a large number of fans, and I imagine Porsche would too. Let's stop talking about Lewis vs Max in the same car because that would probably never happen in real F1 cars with both drivers in their prime. If RedBull and Honda have the better package that is something us fans are super proud of. We want our drivers to have the machinery to dethrone the Champs and make F1 worth watching again. We were all tired of one team and one driver always winning.

Kingshark
Kingshark

ringo wrote:
05 Nov 2021, 21:40
I am saying that after the races are run, there is also data available to analyze, that is not prediction. Its showing real performance that was recorded. That is what Rob has access to and that cannot be disputed by anyone in F-1 much less an armchair expert at home who is using youtube replays. The man spent his whole career as a race engineer, he knows a thing or two about analyzing race car data. Instead of accepting or respecting his contribution, he is attacked personally by people who do not like what he is saying.
According to AWS, Verstappen's hard tyres in his final stint at Zandvoort were 80% worn after 6 laps.

AWS - in the way F1 uses it - is an absolute joke. You can tell by the garbage results it provides time and time again. I don't take Rob Smedley's opinion very seriously, no more seriously than Gary Anderson anyway.

godlameroso

I'm just glad they managed to get a good balance from the car, even with the barn door rear wing.
Saishū kōnā

Jaisonas
Jaisonas

That was a job and a half from the team

Vaexa
Vaexa

We went from the Perez team order hypothetical to Perez doing... that. Impressive turnaround, just not in the right direction.

AeroDynamic

Anyone know what’s going on with the rear wings? I wonder if the use of the kerbs is actually what hurt the wing? Would be Pretty frustrating if it turned out that a strength of the car’s balance to ride the kerbs was actually hurting the construction and integrity of the chassis / wing 😕

ringo

The wing may be is rocking too much over the curbs and the load is creating a fatigue failure.
It's likely this was observed form the rearward facing camera.
Or.. there are some airflow holes that the team wants to block off to get some more downforce.
For Sure!!

ispano6

The flex wing might have worked wonders in Mexico. Shame they were crippled by that directive. RedBull seem to have really high rake in Mexico too and squatting considerably.

Juzh

Before the Tsunoda incident Verstappen was more than 3 tenths up compared to his first q3 lap, so the whole debacle really did royally screw him over. With a good final sector pole was on the table. Someone must ask Yuki why didn't he just let everyone trough on the back straight instead of going off track and throwing up whole load of dust. They need to have a chat or two with him (im sure they will).

bigblue

Did Tsunoda make a mistake and go off-track, or was it intentional to get out of the way ? If the latter, whose idea was it ?

Edit :
From honda.racing/f1

Yuki drove completely off the track at Turn 10 to ensure he did not block either of them, but unfortunately Sergio went off also and then Max backed off seeing the cloud of dust thrown up by his team-mate.

[...]

[Max] I don’t know what happened in front of me but I saw Checo and Yuki both go wide and I saw a lot of dust so I thought that a car had crashed. I’ve been caught out by yellow flags here before so I slowed down,

[Sergio] all of a sudden I found Yuki off his racing line ahead of me at turn 11, which hurt my final lap. He wasn’t a distraction it was that I was too close to him and it forced me to brake. Once I did that I lost my downforce and I think I got a lot of dirty air, lost the car unfortunately and lost my lap
What a mess.

dans79

bigblue wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 02:47
Yuki drove completely off the track at Turn 10 to ensure he did not block either of them, but unfortunately Sergio went off also and then Max backed off seeing the cloud of dust thrown up by his team-mate.

I can't believe they openly said that, they could get Yuki in trouble.

sporting regulations.
https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files ... -07-12.pdf

Drivers must make every reasonable effort to use the track at all times and may not leave the
track without a justifiable reason.
I don't think the stewards would consider leaving the track to ensure you don't hinder a sister team a justifiable reason.
201 105 104 9 9 7