2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
etusch

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

max_speed wrote:
08 Nov 2021, 04:06

Red bull was little less agressive today, they could have taken lead in constructors today. I do not know why they did not pit perez before hamilton (may be got bluffed again by Target+6) msg or should have pitted him in very next lap when hamilton was stuck in traffic.
I also expected them to pit perez before ham. But in the same time they should not left him with too old tyres. I think they specified a lap to pit Perez. If Ham keeps going, pit in that specified lap, if not extent stint. And it just didn't work.

etusch

jagunx51 wrote:
08 Nov 2021, 07:47
TNTHead wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 23:43
Thanks BOT for rolling out the red carpet for VER... :)

Unfortunately not a 1-2 of RB, hopefully we'll see that sometime.

Nice to see that they had their race setup right for the last two races. Hopefully this is a trend.
Merc got saBottas-ed
It is strange that how every bad things hits bottas, every reliability issues hit bottas. Ham has such a luck that Leclerc just pitted when he is behind him. Otherwise it can cost ham much.

Bill
Bill

i would like to have seen what tsunoda could do in the race him quali lap in q2 was as good as lewis q3 lap these kid has some serious pace all he need to do is put it all together the media hype was not just that

Juzh

Bill wrote:
08 Nov 2021, 12:05
i would like to have seen what tsunoda could do in the race him quali lap in q2 was as good as lewis q3 lap these kid has some serious pace all he need to do is put it all together the media hype was not just that
:?:
Tsunoda Q2 1:16.701
Hamilton Q3 1:16.020

Bill
Bill

typeing error from media i read from but he was matching Gasly which is a massive improvement from first races

Sieper

Apparently he is being coached by Albon. He is on the up indeed. Unfortunate how things transpired for him both in Q as well as in turn 1 but he is making progress.

Wouter

A well deserved podium for these two great drivers in Mexico!

The Power of Dreams!

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

It will take retirement(s) to prevent Verstappen from winning now, IMO.

Without the Silverstone incident, the point differential would be ~50 points, and approaching a mathematical certainty.

west52keep64

Verstappen needs just 1 more victory (with Hamilton 2nd), and the remaining races he can afford to come 2nd to Hamilton to take the WDC. There's a sprint race in Brazil so even more points are on the table. If Verstappen can win the sprint and the race in Brazil, he's got a very comfortable margin going in to the final 3 races.

It looks like it will become a mathematical certainly for Verstappen in Jeddah, as he will likely have a >25 point advantage to Hamilton going in to the final race.

TNTHead

Let's not get too carried away, VER himself is also not stating that many details during a weekend can be decisive. One DNF due to collison or material failure and we are back in nail biting fase...

godlameroso

One bad pitstop, one spin, one mistake can put Verstappen down the order. It may be unlikely, but not impossible. Let's see what happens when we add ~13% more downforce to all cars(difference between Sao Paulo and Mexico City).
Saishū kōnā

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

godlameroso wrote:
08 Nov 2021, 16:40
One bad pitstop, one spin, one mistake can put Verstappen down the order. It may be unlikely, but not impossible. Let's see what happens when we add ~13% more downforce to all cars(difference between Sao Paulo and Mexico City).
Those same misfortunes can happen to any driver at any point, of course, so the odds still favour Max to win the title from here because he has a decent points buffer.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Sieper

depends really on how heavy Bottas 3 fresh engine advantage really counts. If he takes pole/is in front of Max every remaining race Mercedes still have the initiative.

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

etusch wrote:
08 Nov 2021, 10:00
max_speed wrote:
08 Nov 2021, 04:06

Red bull was little less agressive today, they could have taken lead in constructors today. I do not know why they did not pit perez before hamilton (may be got bluffed again by Target+6) msg or should have pitted him in very next lap when hamilton was stuck in traffic.
I also expected them to pit perez before ham. But in the same time they should not left him with too old tyres. I think they specified a lap to pit Perez. If Ham keeps going, pit in that specified lap, if not extent stint. And it just didn't work.
Maybe they wanted to play it save for Verstappen. If Perez went for an early undercut, than Hamilton would have gone long and both Bulls could be vulnerable if a safetycar would come out in the 2nd stage f the race.

west52keep64

Sieper wrote:
08 Nov 2021, 17:41
depends really on how heavy Bottas 3 fresh engine advantage really counts. If he takes pole/is in front of Max every remaining race Mercedes still have the initiative.
Bottas has so far been very fair to Max, almost to a fault. I don't see Bottas being a issue in the WDC fight.

If Max can take victory in Brazil, which is highly likely, I don't think there's anything Mercedes can do to stop him from taking the WDC. Even with if Max had a penalty for another engine change, he could still easily recover, just look at Russia.

The momentum has swung massively towards Verstappen in the title fight, there's no reason to believe that's going to change.