2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Darth-Piekus

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

blastdoman wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 22:12
Good race from Lando. I'm not going to talk about Daniel because you're going to take away reputation points ...
Personally I am not afraid to criticise. Good job for Daniel getting the win at Monza but he lost us too many points. Even if he doesn't suit with the current car there are no excuses for those performances. Let's hope he will be the good old Daniel next year when he puts his signature on the next car.

Even if the start was bad he should at least be able to clear up till Lando. He had a much faster car.

blastdoman
blastdoman

Darth-Piekus wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 22:15
blastdoman wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 22:12
Good race from Lando. I'm not going to talk about Daniel because you're going to take away reputation points ...
Personally I am not afraid to criticise. Good job for Daniel getting the win at Monza but he lost us too many points. Even if he doesn't suit with the current car there are no excuses for those performances. Let's hope he will be the good old Daniel next year when he puts his signature on the next car.

Even if the start was bad he should at least be able to clear up till Lando. He had a much faster car.
Exactly. Anyone can have a bad start and more being at Interlagos, but the rest of the race he has been looking at Vettel's rear wing. Unable to even try to overtake it. Horrible.

Darth-Piekus

It pains me seeing Lando being faster than Leclerc with an upgraded Ferrari and keeping up with Sainz that had the faster tyre and then seeing Daniel so far back not able to pass clearly slower cars by a mile when Lewis destroyed them in a few laps. He reminds me of David Coulthard on 2003 when Kimi gave everyone championship lessons on last years Mclaren against opponents with newer cars and yet Coulthard many times was 7th or 8th. Reminds me also of Kovallainen losing from the Alpha Tauri of Vettel when Hamilton was blitzing through the field on the raid being 2 seconds faster than anyone.

bauc

Solid Sprint for the team, I think we have better race pace here than Ferrari and we are in the fight for good points, we just need to stay trouble free tomorrow.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

bauc

Solid Sprint for the team, I think we have better race pace here than Ferrari and we are in the fight for good points, we just need to stay trouble free tomorrow.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Szabi1112
Szabi1112

Another poor performance from Ric. :(

Can it be possible that the way the team modified the car setup for Ric make the car slower?

McL-H
McL-H

No point in keeping bitching about Daniel. He has proven himself to be a good opponent to the best driver in current F1. He won us a race for the first time in 9 years. He has improved a lot this season. Is much closer in qualifying. But obviously the car is still not suiting him. We know that now. It is not as if he is not trying and it is not as if we can alter the car or ditch Daniel tomorrow. So complaining doesn’t bring us any further. It is sports, and sometime we win, sometime we lose. Our job is to support the team and our drivers. They are doing the best they can.

Emag
Emag

To be honest, I am angrier at Perez. Ferrari got an extra point today because he was incompetent. I know I am being harsh, but on the hands of his teammate RedBull was a second per lap faster than the Ferrari of Carlos.

His failure to overtake him cost us today. It puts Carlos at a great grid spot for tomorrow and obviously it gave Ferrari 1 extra point.

adrianjordan

McL-H wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 22:54
No point in keeping bitching about Daniel. He has proven himself to be a good opponent to the best driver in current F1. He won us a race for the first time in 9 years. He has improved a lot this season. Is much closer in qualifying. But obviously the car is still not suiting him. We know that now. It is not as if he is not trying and it is not as if we can alter the car or ditch Daniel tomorrow. So complaining doesn’t bring us any further. It is sports, and sometime we win, sometime we lose. Our job is to support the team and our drivers. They are doing the best they can.
Well said. If anything I suspect some of Daniel's mistakes are because he is trying as hard as he can to make up for the car not suiting his style.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

djos

blastdoman wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 21:54
Daniel man...wake up!!!
Yeah that was frustrating to watch! 😫
"In downforce we trust"

Mansell89
Mansell89

Looking forward to Daniel shutting up this nonsense next year.

Norris has had 3 years in this development cycle whilst Dan has adjusted from luxury RBR downforce to Renault and now a different McLaren style. He has never really been a one lap artist and is much more a racer- with the new regs he will be well worth his weight in gold IMO.

The other thing is that Norris has been SUPERB all year and deserves enormous credit quite frankly. Young lad has stepped up his game to an awesome level.

Doesn’t matter where we finish this year it’s all about the job in the new regs.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Overreaction everywhere yet again. Dan was the better driver at Mexico all weekend until T1 and at COTA, not to mention Monza. How quickly ppl forget.

Dan is alot more comfortable in the car now, he just got boxed in into T1 and lost out on the exit to Vettel. Probably the worst car to be stuck behind other than RBR and Merc. Vettel had great traction out of the last corner, better than McLaren and DRS alot of the time from the car in front and a good top speed. Was surprised that Dan was the hardest car to pass for Lewis. Held him up for a few laps. Dan needs to clear Vettel off the line then hopefully can make progress in the main race
Last edited by runningmanz on 14 Nov 2021, 03:02, edited 1 time in total.

Mclarensenna

McL-H wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 22:54
So much whining about Rics abysmal performance this weekend so far but is it really that bad?
Ric qualified half a tenth behind Lando 1 spot behind. So both Mclarens basically got the maximum out of the car in qualifying.
Ric though starts on the dirty side compared to Norris. Both seemed to get off the line well but Ric went on the inside and Lando on the outside. RIc got stuck and boxed in behind Gasly and lost places. It really came down to luck losing positions in how the first few corners unfolded. Not a poor start or anything you can blame Ric on. Then Ric got stuck in a DRS train the entire race with Vettel ahead with DRS also and a Merc engine.
Ric seemed to have more pace but not able to get through.

Perez in comparison had a shocker. He had a much much faster car and slipstream and DRS and still could not get through.
Rics result was not as good as Landos but hardly anything i can see Ric did wrong to say he made some huge mistakes or poor qualifying or poor race pace or anything concrete. The result was basically fixed after the first few corners.
Lets see what will happen in the actual race before we can pass the full judgement on Rics weekend.
Ayrton Senna: Pure driving, pure racing, that´s what makes me happy.

Lucky
Lucky

runningmanz wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 02:58
Overreaction everywhere yet again. Dan was the better driver at Mexico all weekend until T1 and at COTA, not to mention Monza. How quickly ppl forget.
In Mexico, Lando was much faster

runningmanz
runningmanz

Lucky wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 04:09
runningmanz wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 02:58
In Mexico, Lando was much faster
What in the race when Dan had car damage? Tom his engineer said he had lost significant downforce after the Mexico race. Ricciardo was quicker in FP1, FP3 and qualli even without the tow.