Ferrari F60

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
allan
allan

Re: Ferrari F60

im pretty sure the second suspension pic is the toyota

jddh1

allan wrote:im pretty sure the second suspension pic is the toyota
I agree. It's a toyota.

zgred

Ups... corrected... THX

Kester
Kester

shir0 wrote:
Kester wrote:It's 10 places and it's only the first time you use a 9th engine. Another penalty would occur the first time you used a 10th engine, and so on.
ISLAMATRON wrote:I thought i was 10 grid position penalty? <snip>
Oh, I'm sorry Kester...typo. It is a 10-place penalty.

But NO. It's not for "the first time you used a 9th engine... and so on". < discussion on engine usage for 2009 >
I, and the FIA beg to differ.

"28.4 a) Each driver may use no more than eight engines during a Championship season. Should a driver use more than eight engines he will drop ten places on the starting grid at the first Event during which each additional engine is used." -taken from http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/rules ... ions/8692/

Hence only one penalty when you put a 9th engine in, no matter how long it is used.

Also, I wasn't picking at anyone's spelling or grammar, I was clarifying the rule.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

malaysia

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

donskar
donskar

Great photos, mx tifosi. thanks!
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

donskar
donskar

shir0 wrote:The DNFs, IMO, are strategic in nature. Why keep running when there's no more hope for points? DNFs doesn't mean you'll get negative money from FOM at the end of the season. Someone already said it and I'm going to say it again. This season is practically a season long endurance race at this point. If you can save the engines for later, then might as well do it. And, after all, a 20-place grid penalty during every race you use a 9th engine (if you're forced to use a 9th engine) is a whole mother-eF-ing lot of penalty even for the fastest cars on the grid.
It looks like the Ferraris had actual failures, but you make an excellent point. This engine limit is pure unadulterated BS. NO, the goal is NOT to limit costs. IF that were the case, KERS would be shelved. AND if KERS were of some long-term strategic value, then it should be made mandatory for all teams.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

jddh1

Two minutes from the end of the FP1, Kimi's fire extinguisher went off. It was during live broadcasting so it was strange seeing this thick white smoke coming out from where his legs lay.
Poor guys unbuckled himself from the seat to get over the smoke to get a look at where he was going.

Not good for us, fellow "tifosi".

alvinkhorfire
alvinkhorfire

donskar wrote:
NO, the goal is NOT to limit costs. IF that were the case, KERS would be shelved. AND if KERS were of some long-term strategic value, then it should be made mandatory for all teams.
I could not agree with you more. It should be made compulsory that all teams should run KERS. Those teams running KERS have to deal with inferior weight distribution compared to those which don't. I do not think that this is fair. :x Those not running KERS have excellent weight distribution and are constantly faster all the time. The others can only boost the speed of their cars at certain part of each lap.

Perhaps, by race 4 or 5, all teams must run KERS or else will be penalized. The type of penalty may include 2000 rpm engine reduction for teams not running KERS and carrying dummy weight to slow the cars down.

Correct me if I am wrong.

zgred

jddh1 wrote:Two minutes from the end of the FP1, Kimi's fire extinguisher went off. It was during live broadcasting so it was strange seeing this thick white smoke coming out from where his legs lay.
Poor guys unbuckled himself from the seat to get over the smoke to get a look at where he was going.

Not good for us, fellow "tifosi".

Personal steam room for the Iceman.

BTM
BTM

kimi topped free practice session 2

did he run without kers?

timbo
timbo

BTM wrote:kimi topped free practice session 2

did he run without kers?
He used KERS and it started malfunctioning again at the very end of the section, I believe.

vasia
vasia

What timbo said is correct. Ferrari told him to turn off KERS at the end of the second session.

axle
axle

If they can't cool it enough to run reliably they maybe better off taking it out...or just using it for defensive/offensive manouvers rather than laptimes.
- Axle

alvinkhorfire
alvinkhorfire

axle wrote:If they can't cool it enough to run reliably they maybe better off taking it out...or just using it for defensive/offensive manouvers rather than laptimes.
Well, the race will be held two hours later than Free Practice 2 at today. Surely, the track temparature will be cooler by then for the KERS not to have any overheating problem.