Ferrari F60

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
jddh1

Re: Ferrari F60

zgred wrote:Personal steam room for the Iceman.
It's HOT ICE:

click here to see hot it's done :lol:

ben_watkins
ben_watkins

Ferrari confirm it is a KERS problem.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/f1mole/2009/ ... curse.html

The team revealed the smoke was caused by a problem with their battery-operated Kers system, which had short-circuited in the hot and humid conditions enveloping the track.
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

void

Finnish sauna for Kimi?

rjsa
rjsa

ben_watkins wrote:Ferrari confirm it is a KERS problem.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/f1mole/2009/ ... curse.html

The team revealed the smoke was caused by a problem with their battery-operated Kers system, which had short-circuited in the hot and humid conditions enveloping the track.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RESeHsIyekA

This is not good, F1 cars now have a limit of 30% relative humidity, non condensing.

And the fire aint it all, there is the risk of poisoning.

vasia
vasia

axle wrote:If they can't cool it enough to run reliably they maybe better off taking it out...or just using it for defensive/offensive manouvers rather than laptimes.
Ferrari is highly dependant on their KERS system for pace, so highly doubtful they will take it off.

Rikhart
Rikhart

vasia wrote:Ferrari is highly dependant on their KERS system for pace, so highly doubtful they will take it off.
Thats an interesting statement, and unless you work with Ferrari, I doubt it is backed by any information you have.

donskar
donskar

vasia wrote:
axle wrote:If they can't cool it enough to run reliably they maybe better off taking it out...or just using it for defensive/offensive manouvers rather than laptimes.
Ferrari is highly dependant on their KERS system for pace, so highly doubtful they will take it off.
"highly dependant [sic]" I HOPE NOT!
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

ringo

Outside of humidity problems.
Anybody noticed that the kers was giving problems on the final turn near the end of the practice in kimi's car? He was told to avoid using it.
To mess up the kers 2 times within 1 hour hmm. Something tells me they are experimenting with more than 80hp? Or have it constantly trickle power to the drive line without the need to press the button. Just some crazy ideas, but ferrari seemed pretty fast.
For Sure!!

vasia
vasia

Rikhart wrote:
vasia wrote:Ferrari is highly dependant on their KERS system for pace, so highly doubtful they will take it off.
Thats an interesting statement, and unless you work with Ferrari, I doubt it is backed by any information you have.
Information very easily found: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74156

You don't have to work for/with Ferrari to know this. Massa admits that KERS is important for Ferrari, and he says that they will lose performance if they take it off the car. This has been echoed in the paddock by other Ferrari members.

You can also just think about it logically; Ferrari despite tire issues and overall performance and reliability issues in Australia, decided to stick with KERS. Kimi in 2 practice sessions here in Malaysia had two separate KERS issues. Ferrari never took the system off the car. I can confidently say in qualifying and the race both Ferraris will have KERS equipped. So despite an array of issues relating to KERS, Ferrari has not and likely will not take it off the car. What does that tell you? Contrast that to McLaren, where Lewis had a KERS issue and they took it off the car.
ringo wrote:Outside of humidity problems.
Anybody noticed that the kers was giving problems on the final turn near the end of the practice in kimi's car? He was told to avoid using it.
To mess up the kers 2 times within 1 hour hmm. Something tells me they are experimenting with more than 80hp? Or have it constantly trickle power to the drive line without the need to press the button. Just some crazy ideas, but ferrari seemed pretty fast.
Or ... it could just be that the KERS system can't stand up too well to the demanding heat and humidity.

modbaraban
modbaraban

I guess the back straight is where Kimi used the button on both occasions when it went wrong.

If things stay that way it's a big risk for them in the race. The humidity is likely to be even higher.

donskar
donskar

KERS may be key to Ferrai's performance and if so they are in very deep doo-doo.

KERS -- so far -- is a non-factor for success in F1 2009. They key is the legal/illegal diffuser. Brawn is the cream of this season's cars --without KERS.

Ferrari will not be competitive against Brawn/Williams/Toyota until they get a new diffuser.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

DM0407
DM0407

jddh1 wrote:
zgred wrote:Personal steam room for the Iceman.
It's HOT ICE:

click here to see hot it's done :lol:

What is it with Fins and steam rooms?

sunny1304
sunny1304

i think for the first time in recent years we have found ferrari has failed to found a grey area to dumb the other teams.......

i think KERS is failing to play its original role because of non kers cars.

i hope ferrari will be able to get back at the front again.......they have already invested 30m to devlop new diffuser

FLC
FLC

Funny how this figure is always rising. First I read it was around 5 million pounds, I think James Allen said so. Than I read it was 20 million euro and practically building a new car, the F-60B ,and now it is 30 million.

I wonder what is the true number...

modbaraban
modbaraban

sunny1304 wrote:......they have already invested 30m to devlop new diffuser
And invesing 30 more as we speak :lol: