2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ringo

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

I think Max would have just outdragged him and swoop inwards on him.
It would not have made a difference.

He was marked for losing this championship from the start.

Brasil they took 3 points away for 0.2mm

But when Max overtakes the leader at the SC they say no advantage gained.

When they make their own rules up.. it's nothing..

Just think about those 0.2mm in the drs wing. Those 3 points lost for nothing and you get the big picture of what's happening this year.

The floor rules, the development freeze, last time it was engine modes, then we had the Spa none race that gave away points..
Brazil and the driving standards, Jedha and the half grid penalties, Saudia Arabia and now Abudhabi.
Just too much bartering by FIA, Redbull and Masi and the Liberty to restrain 1 team.

I am looking forward to Ross Brawn's piece. I know he has to toe the FIA line but would be interesting to see if he will give his honest opinion.
For Sure!!

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

My Question here to FIA is,
If they are not happy with finishing under safety car
1. Why they completed only 3 laps under safety car and awarded points in race? Belgium race

It seems they are waiting for the situation to award the WDC to Max. Even if other way around i.e. Hamilton pit under second safety car, they would not restarted the race in final lap.

It is predefined plot by FIA and liberty. It is not good for F1. Now I am thinking of watching the F1 as it seems they already decided on 2022 WDC. As a F1 fan I don't want get cheated.

Marty_Y
Marty_Y

Mercedes hasn't posted anything on social media (Facebook & Twitter) about winning the constructors championship.

I can understand that they are in no mood to celebrate, if they had come to the race with the second best car or if Lewis didn't perform and made mistakes the loss would be understandable.

The W12 was the best car and Lewis drove perfectly, he and the team have been incredibly hard done by.

I can't see them getting anywhere with the appeal, I just hope that they will not decide to walk away from F1.

Lewis and Mercedes must feel robbed, I know I do as a fan.

PlatinumZealot

Mclarensenna wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 02:04
I am curious as to why Hamilton did not cover the inside line as Max usually does and brake very late pushing the other car out wide like Max did in Brazil for example. Covering the outside is usually suicide against Max as he will almost certainly push you wide. Anybody else here think Lewis should have defended the inside which might have given him a better chance to hold on?
I rewatched it from Lewis onboard. I realise Max would have simply driven around him with the switch-back if Lewis took the inside. Lewis was hoping for Max to do a divebomb again so that he instead could do the switch-back.

Let's face it though. Forty-five lap old hards versus one lap soft is taking candy from a baby.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

PlatinumZealot

Marty_Y wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 04:51
Mercedes hasn't posted anything on social media (Facebook & Twitter) about winning the constructors championship.

I can understand that they are in no mood to celebrate, if they had come to the race with the second best car or if Lewis didn't perform and made mistakes the loss would be understandable.

The W12 was the best car and Lewis drove perfectly, he and the team have been incredibly hard done by.

I can't see them getting anywhere with the appeal, I just hope that they will not decide to walk away from F1.

Adrian Newey said the RedBull was the better car over the season. (and this race too).

They banked it all on track position just like Jeddah and it back-fired.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

e30ernest
e30ernest

ringo wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 04:15
Brasil they took 3 points away for 0.2mm
That was fair though. The wing was out of spec, and therefore they lost their place in sprint qualifying.
ringo wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 04:15
But when Max overtakes the leader at the SC they say no advantage gained.
What advantage?

I like to try to look at things objectively. I agree with some of your other points, but the points above were fair IMO.

Mclarensenna

Hamilton drove the wheels off that car in Abhu Dhabi and made Bottas look like he was driving a completely different car from start to finish. Probably 1 of Hamiltons drives of his life.

https://en.mclarenf-1.com/2021/gp/s8148 ... s/821-785/

Max and Perez both pitt it seems on lap 36 for fresh hards and Max was told to catch Hamilton as the championship depended on it.
It seems Max was faster than Perez for the 1st 8 laps then seemingly Burnt up his tyres, and Perez was now slightly faster for the next consecutive 7 laps in a row right up to the safety car where perez retired.

Hamilton drove all those 57 laps to perfection. Not much more he could have done in any of those laps. Ham was quicker than Bottas even when he pitt for much fresher tyres. 1 of the greatest race performances in F1 history. Max’s performance on Sunday was nowhere in comparison and very average, when Perez the number 2 driver was faster in the final 7 laps till Perez retired. All these Senna comparisons are crazy. The true champions raise there level big time when they need to. Hamilton did it, Schumacher did it and so did Senna when needed.
Max’s last 7 laps were slower than Perez the redbull number 2 driver.

On those final 7 laps, Max got outclassed by Perez on what should have been Maxs final stint for the year, the stint to show what you really got and made of.

Very average performance by Max as this is where the men are separated from the boys.
Hamilton's perfomance in comparison was world class!

Just a last lap massive tyre advantage sprint let him win the lap that actually counted. The previous lap after lap from start to finish that Ham drove the wheels off meant nothing.

The final race showdown which had all us on the edge of the seats on who would be the better driver that day and not crack under pressure but rise to the occasion was a huge disappointment when the hands down, massively better driver that day lost.
Ayrton Senna: Pure driving, pure racing, that´s what makes me happy.

JPower
JPower

1m0bius1
1m0bius1

Marty_Y wrote:

Mercedes is a multi billion dollar organisation. Fia are playing with fire by letting one man dictate the rules on his own terms. Wouldn't be surprised to see them pull out and stop all development of their engines so all the teams that signed contracts burn too. Mutually assured destruction.

JPower
JPower

1m0bius1 wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 06:12
Marty_Y wrote:

Mercedes is a multi billion dollar organisation. Fia are playing with fire by letting one man dictate the rules on his own terms. Wouldn't be surprised to see them pull out and stop all development of their engines so all the teams that signed contracts burn too. Mutually assured destruction.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does that video above look like a guy who's going to threaten to cancel the entire Mercedes F1 program?

Mercedes isn't going anywhere. They'll be back in March like everyone else. One race isn't changing that.

holeindalip
holeindalip

JPower wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 06:16
1m0bius1 wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 06:12
Marty_Y wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does that video above look like a guy who's going to threaten to cancel the entire Mercedes F1 program?

Mercedes isn't going anywhere. They'll be back in March like everyone else. One race isn't changing that.
Because there’s nothing else he can do and it’s in the lawyers hands now….

JPower
JPower

holeindalip wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 06:28

Because there’s nothing else he can do and it’s in the lawyers hands now….
That's fine. The result isn't going to change. Max will remain champion and the FIA will most likely clarify language around the issues raised and may come to an undisclosed agreement later.

What Mercedes isn't going to do is threaten to pull out of F1. That's just an absolutely laughable theory. :lol:

Ryar

It's interesting to know if Ola is all fine with issues going out of hand like this. Knowing the history of how appeals go, which generally always uphold the FIA race director and steward decisions, is another failed, desperate attempt is acceptable to him.
Hakuna Matata!

toraabe
toraabe

They won the constructor championship. That's the most important. Verstappen did what Hamilton did with Massa in Brazil... In general both teams will benefit from this. It's just how F1 should be. A perfect show until the last lap

DChemTech
DChemTech

What surprises me most still is that MB did not pit Lewis during the safety car. What did they have to lose? If max did not pit, then Lewis should easily have passed Max on nearly new softs, and if both switched to soft Lewis should have been able to stay ahead. The only 'risk' was if Max stayed out and there was no restart, but with Masi it seemed to be a decent bet that he wants the race to end in flight. There's a lot to say about the whole SC procedure, but I can't help but think that MB did themselves no favors with this call.