2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

from the outcome of the 2021 Abu Dhabi last race, the F1 teams will make sure that they won't drag the close WDC and WCC till last race from coming years. This is the perfect example of how to manipulate the rule and give WDC to Max.

If he deserve it why not Alonso in 2010 and 2012. If Liberty there, Alonso would won 2010 and 2012 close fight in last race.

This is the sport and you have to earn it not using politics in FIA or bending the rules to give WDC to Max. It is not good for sport.

The day Max crowned the WDC is a black day in F1.

In 2022 Hamilton and Mercedes should get the WDC before last race.

Tizz

cooken wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 19:30
Tizz wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 18:40
mstar wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 18:31
Sorry so they can be used for 2022?
I am confused why would you not use them for this years car, if you had some agreement to use them for next years?
They don’t need any tokens. They are free to change whatever they want.
I think he meant why wouldn't they have used them for 2021. The exact details are unclear, but it is almost guaranteed to be for budget cap reasons. There is a rumour they intended to spend the token on a new nose, but it wasn't passing the crash test. If true then it makes sense that they would abandon that effort rather than continuing to pour money into it, preferring to divert resources elsewhere.
You're probably right. Silly me... #-o

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

NathanOlder

Does anyone know if there was any talk after last years Eifel Grand Prix at the Nurburgring over the safety car ? All the front drivers, Max Lewis etc wanted the SC to go in as quickly as possible as tyres were getting too cold as it was so cold that day. Once the track was clear, the lapped cars were then told to unlap themselves. This started just at the end of sector 2. By the time all the lapped cars had unlapped themselves and passed the SC , Kvyat was the last one and he passed the safety car just at the finish line. After this point everyone expected the SC t come in at the end of that lap they just started. The saftey car did not come in until the end of the next lap, so from the point of Kvyat passing the SC it was 2 laps of SC before it left the track. I think this was done to the exact wording of the rules.

Does anyne know if anything was said or done after this ? Or has it just been kept the same ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

RZS10

The rules are still the same obviously, they just weren't followed.
___

In retrospect, given how poorly Jeddah and Abu Dhabi went for Bottas, Mercedes should have given him another fresh engine in Saudi which might have put him in a position to supoprt Lewis, mainly by stopping Verstappen from getting free pit stops. He was initially on his way to get a Mercedes 1-2 in Jeddah but once chaos ensued he dropped back and just about managed to secure P3, they got the WCC anyways and they blamed his poor performance in qualifying on the engine which was supposedly 2 tenths slower, give him those two tenths and he starts third and probably would have been within Max' pit window.

El Scorchio

RZS10 wrote:
15 Dec 2021, 14:29
The rules are still the same obviously, they just weren't followed.
___

In retrospect, given how poorly Jeddah and Abu Dhabi went for Bottas, Mercedes should have given him another fresh engine in Saudi which might have put him in a position to supoprt Lewis, mainly by stopping Verstappen from getting free pit stops. He was initially on his way to get a Mercedes 1-2 in Jeddah but once chaos ensued he dropped back and just about managed to secure P3, they got the WCC anyways and they blamed his poor performance in qualifying on the engine which was supposedly 2 tenths slower, give him those two tenths and he starts third and probably would have been within Max' pit window.
I think the AD result is indicative of exactly why they had to say goodbye to him in the end. Unlike Verstappen and Hamilton, he's just not capable of getting through the field when he needs to. He gets lost so often in the midfield- as does Perez to an extent, but Perez was able to play (in light of Masi-gate as without holding Hamilton up that pit window probably opens for Hamilton) a defining role in the race whereas Bottas was simply too far behind to have any impact. As you say, he could have had a decisive impact simply by keeping himself in Verstappen's pit window.

It's so rare that you see Verstappen or Hamilton stuck in midfield purgatory unless something out of the ordinary happens- but that's just that extra difference their special talent makes.

Tom145145
Tom145145

Has there been any indication to wether they will be going back to a majority silver livery next year? I noticed George has his red helmet design again while testing in the Merc and would love to see him in a silver car as it would bring back memories of Schumacher. I also much prefer the silver livery.

Jambier

For that, they would need to decide if they quit F1 or not.

They just won the world championship, but are trying to put pressure on FIA... maybe they will left and team change name

PlatinumZealot

Tom145145 wrote:
15 Dec 2021, 16:43
Has there been any indication to wether they will be going back to a majority silver livery next year? I noticed George has his red helmet design again while testing in the Merc and would love to see him in a silver car as it would bring back memories of Schumacher. I also much prefer the silver livery.
Yes it has been confirmee to return to silver in 2022.
I like the black, but I want to see the colour return to silver because silver is Mercedes. I want back the bone white race suits again too.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

wesley123
wesley123

The team and Lewis have been completely silent afterwards, which already is a concerning sign for a team that communicates very well.

Weren’t there rumors that part of the team was being sold last year?

Often decisions, events are shrouded in conspiracy, but are often easily debunked or doubted. What happened this season makes it much more difficult.

Mercedes won 8 titles in a row, they have the most successful streak in F1 by far. They don’t need to prove anything to anyone, their entry essentially is based on involvement and ‘supporting’ the series. Why would you spend hundreds of millions of dollars on a lottery when you have already achieved everything?

I believe there was a lot more going on this season than what was shown. Toto’s appearance throughout the season was pretty weird for someone who is ‘just losing’. Especially when they were challenged for most of ‘17 and ‘18 and this behavior wasn’t seen.

Their achievements are set in stone, and the odds of it ever being challenged are rather small. There is no reason for Mercedes to actually be in F1 anymore
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

xaero
xaero

Marty_Y wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 20:54
https://chng.it/qMBmZqsksC

Sign this petition please
Done. Thanks for sharing.
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

Marty_Y
Marty_Y

https://www.racefans.net/2021/12/15/mer ... t-goes-on/

Mercedes decline to participate in FIA champions photoshoot as appeal wait goes on
2021 F1 seasonPosted on
15th December 2021, 10:25 | Written by Dieter Rencken and Keith Collantine

SiLo

Tom145145 wrote:
The team have confirmed the silver livery is coming back next year.
Felipe Baby!

Tom145145
Tom145145

SiLo wrote:
15 Dec 2021, 17:49
Tom145145 wrote:
The team have confirmed the silver livery is coming back next year.
Nice, I look forward to that. I will also find it easier to tell them apart from the Aston Martins

Big Tea

I thought things like this were in the contract?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.