2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Phil

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

As not only a fan of Mercedes F1 and Hamilton, but also a fan of F1, I'm extremely disappointed this was dropped.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Big Tea

Face things guys, what ever happens they will not change the result because they can not even if they wanted to.
https://news.paddypower.com/formula-1/2 ... ay-out-f1/ for instance.
Bookmakers have paid out, things have ben printed the cup has been engraved and one official presentation has already taken place and the next it today.

Things are gone too far to change
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

El Scorchio

They've clearly done this to stop Mercedes taking it further. I think really it's probably all Mercedes wanted. A very public admission that Masi absolutely screwed the pooch. It was obvious as soon as the podium was done there was no chance of the FIA intervening with the title as they'd look even more like total incompetent idiots in front of the whole world than they currently do anyway.

Spacepace

SiLo wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 12:19
The season has ended but the controversy has not. I hope the FIA bring about some changes from this, and I still want to see Masi gone.
Same if Masi isn't gone it will be a great injustice

Juzh

Phil wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 13:32
As not only a fan of Mercedes F1 and Hamilton, but also a fan of F1, I'm extremely disappointed this was dropped.
I'd say real f1 fans in this case are Hamilton and Merecdes for dropping it, less so could be said for you. Should have ended it at the bold part.

cooken
cooken

Well, a bit deflating, but this was always the most likely outcome wasn't it. The threat of legal action, RB threatening to pull out, politics winning out and a backroom deal being struck to save as much face as possible. I do believe Lewis will have had a big influence in withdrawing the appeal as well.

Onwards and upwards. Hopefully the commission turns out to be meaningful and not just lip service.

Tom145145
Tom145145

From what we have seen this year and the fact that 2022 cars should have been introduced in 2021, what do people expect from Mercedes’ 2022 challenger. Usually in a tight championship year the teams involved are at a disadvantage. From what we have seen in the past I expect they will have a well developed car, just depends on if a double diffuser like development is on the cards.

Phil

Juzh wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 15:20
Phil wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 13:32
I'd say real f1 fans in this case are Hamilton and Merecdes for dropping it, less so could be said for you. Should have ended it at the bold part.
I don't agree. The most important thing in sport is integrity. What happened on Sunday wasn't. You may put that down to "being a Hamilton fan", but I wouldn't feel different if the roles and outcome had been reversed or if a driver I don't support was impacted, as that wouldn't feel right and I wouldn't want achievements to be tarnished that way.

This place would be better if every fan critically judged what happened from both sides and angles and not only from the POV that benefits their driver. This is not to take anything away from Max - as I said a few times this season and in the past few days, he and RedBull did a tremendous job. He and RedBull is as much a victim in this, as is Hamilton and Mercedes.

I'm a fan of F1 - or was - but the mindset, and the one that led to the last lap at Abu Dhabi, that everything and every second of a GP needs to be spectacle isn't one I share in the slightest. And I take serious offense that me being a supporter of LH and Mercedes has anything to do with that sentiment or the expectation I have as a fan of this sport.

It might have benefited the Max Verstappen fans what unfolded on Sunday, but easily forget that you could have just as easily been on the other side of such a decision.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Sulman
Sulman

Jambier wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 10:39
I think this will not end well if Mercedes continues in this way.

- FIA Gala today: Not presenting the championship winning cars is already an insult to the FIA
I think the FIA can get over it in much the same way they expect the teams and the fans to.

El Scorchio

Sulman wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 15:37
Jambier wrote:

- FIA Gala today: Not presenting the championship winning cars is already an insult to the FIA
I think the FIA can get over it in much the same way they expect the teams and the fans to.
=D>

santos
santos

Jambier wrote:

It's better that FIA puts their pride aside. This all situation was created by them, so they should swallow their pride and get over it.
After all the mess that was the final race, the FIA punished Mercedes for not going to a party... if i was the CEO, i would just pull the plug to the F1 team.

Big Tea

santos wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 16:36
Jambier wrote:

It's better that FIA puts their pride aside. This all situation was created by them, so they should swallow their pride and get over it.
After all the mess that was the final race, the FIA punished Mercedes for not going to a party... if i was the CEO, i would just pull the plug to the F1 team.
They would lose many millions then, not just in monies for winning the championship, scoring points etc but penalties for what what amounts to not fulfilling the notice period.

basti313
basti313

Big Tea wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 16:39
santos wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 16:36
Jambier wrote:

They would lose many millions then, not just in monies for winning the championship, scoring points etc but penalties for what what amounts to not fulfilling the notice period.
It is a bit of a surprise to me that people seem to forget this and also the role of FIA in this.
Formula 1 is no sports, it is a show and not people go mad at the show. Mercedes invested millions (billions?) to get the dominance in Formula 1 and get back billions of marketing value from this show. Once FIA thinks this is enough they change the rules. This was the same over decades now and surprisingly the FIA did not pull the plug completely on the Mercedes dominance so far.
So it is a bit surprising to expect the superb level of "fair sports". This is not tennis where it makes sense to break your racket over a referees decision. What happens now on this forums is a bit like blaming the referee for the Undertaker not winning at Wrestlemania. I know that hurts a lot, I feel it every year, but we need to be realistic.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Do you think Hamilton will resign as the rumors suggest it ?

Big Tea

Spoutnik wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 17:06
Do you think Hamilton will resign as the rumors suggest it ?