2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Alexf1
Alexf1

Re: 2022 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Looking back at the last 2 race weekends of 2021 the difference in Q pace vs race pace of RB compared to Merc widened a lot. Can't find much explaining it except for SloPoke's overdrive theory, but that would be applicable to the race too I guess. My take is that after the new battery type they brought in Spa they implemented new ERS software for the last 2 race weekends for better energy recovery during braking in order to have longer maximum electrical power or MGU-H boost through the Q lap. As this causes extra heat and strain on the ERS system maybe this setting can't be used (yet) in races. Any thoughts?

AeroDynamic

Alexf1 wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 08:54
Looking back at the last 2 race weekends of 2021 the difference in Q pace vs race pace of RB compared to Merc widened a lot. Can't find much explaining it except for SloPoke's overdrive theory, but that would be applicable to the race too I guess. My take is that after the new battery type they brought in Spa they implemented new ERS software for the last 2 race weekends for better energy recovery during braking in order to have longer maximum electrical power or MGU-H boost through the Q lap. As this causes extra heat and strain on the ERS system maybe this setting can't be used (yet) in races. Any thoughts?
Good question, I was wondering about this gap as well. The RBR was fast in qualifying but not as fast in race. were they simply pitching the car overwhelmingly toward Qualifying pace? is it a mixture of that and Mercedes optimising their set up to extract more race pace and pitching their car less toward qualifying?

AeroDynamic

Is Max being sponsored by Porsche in some way that im not familiar with? I noticed he's wearing new '22 season suit gear for RBR, although its mostly covered by the jacket he's wearing. But in the background, there appears to be a Porsche or a Porsche branded car with identical RBR design on its livery that matches what you can see of Verstappen's new suit.

Last edited by AeroDynamic on 29 Jan 2022, 14:35, edited 1 time in total.

Alexf1
Alexf1

AeroDynamic wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 14:03
Is Max being sponsored by Porsche in some way that im not familiar with? I noticed he's wearing new '22 season suit gear for RBR, although its mostly covered by the jacket he's wearing. But in the background, there appears to be a Porsche or a Porsche branded car with identical RBR design on its livery that matches what you can see of Verstappen's new suit.
Interesting, he often uses Porsches for his family track days. But maybe RB is a bit more advanced with their VAG deal..

Jolle
Jolle

Isn’t viaplay sponsoring some Porsche teams? (And have a logo with a triangle?)

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

Alexf1 wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 08:54
I suspect it is just the (rear) tyre wear and saving them in the race. Maybe Redbull is a little more dependant of the mechanical grip, where Mercedes is shifted more to downforce. This would explain the difference on some tracks between the 2 cars.

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

AeroDynamic wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 14:03

Probably just on of his personal cars, used for fun at trackdays.

https://gp-elite.com/gp-cars/porsche-91 ... verstappen

Big Tea

The car has 'his' number on so would that indicate it is his own car? I know numbers are easy to change, but...
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Wouter

Big Tea wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 16:15
The car has 'his' number on so would that indicate it is his own car? I know numbers are easy to change, but...
It is his own car and it is for sale. He just used it for fun at some tracks with his dad and sister and friends.
The Power of Dreams!

billamend
billamend

Wouter wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 18:51
Big Tea wrote:
It is his own car and it is for sale. He just used it for fun at some tracks with his dad and sister and friends.
The car in the images is from ClubSpeed in their event on Thursday and Friday. It was not the one owned by Max. It was a private test in Estoril, Portugal.

Wouter

billamend wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 20:01
Wouter wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 18:51
Big Tea wrote:
The car in the images is from ClubSpeed in their event on Thursday and Friday. It was not the one owned by Max. It was a private test in Estoril, Portugal.
I know it was in Estoril, but what is ClubSpeed? I only know that from software.
I also know that Max took his Porsche to the circuit in Weeze, Barcelona, Hungaroring, etc.

Translation:
@maxverstappen1 at @circuito_estoril !
It must be one of the most special pictures I've taken so far of one of the drivers I most admire
on the best circuit in the world. (Images captured out of circuit)

Last edited by Wouter on 29 Jan 2022, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

billamend
billamend

Wouter wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 20:30
I know it was in Estoril, but what is ClubSpeed? I only know that from software.
I also know that Max took his Porsche to the circuit in Weeze, Barcelona, Hungaroring, etc.

I don’t know, all I know is that it was a private event for them, and it was not Max’s car.

Wouter

billamend wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 20:33
Wouter wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 20:30
I don’t know, all I know is that it was a private event for them, and it was not Max’s car.
OK, who's car was it, because it says GP Elite? Last year it was also on his car when he had a day fun at a circuit with his friend.
I don't think ClubSpeed is driving cars from/for GP Elite.
The Power of Dreams!

billamend
billamend

My source (someone that was there):

Wouter

billamend wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 21:18
My source (someone that was there):
Thanks for your source. I believe the message from F1PT @F1PToficial on his Twitter account.
He runs an F1 site for almost 10 years now and is very trustworthy.
That ClubSpeed event is very strange. I asked someone from Lissabon who knows a lot about racing and knows the Estoril circuit and he doesn't know anything about ClubSpeed or their event.
The Power of Dreams!