2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Hoffman900
Hoffman900

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Ryar wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 19:32
NathanOlder wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 18:33
AeroDynamic wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 18:21

I think the reason they didn't is because The FIA suggested they would void Abu Dhabi (and that would still mean Max was Champion) then that would mean they burned the bridge with the FIA and hurt the sport.

Since there may have been no way to get a result change, the compromise to work with the FIA with assurance of changes, maybe was the option they thought was best.
Yeah makes sense , to which they should have said, "ok we understand , when races are screwed up for the sake of the show, we should delete the race result from the standings. While were on the subject, lets go back to Belgium. That one needs to go too. "

How would the standings have looked then.... 8)
Like a disqualification in Silverstone for taking out the championship contender would have looked I guess?
Maybe think about keeping the juvenility for reddit? :roll:

You really come across as someone who just discovered motorsports. Silverstone was a racing incident, in any racing series, for the decades I’ve been watching and been involved in.
Last edited by Hoffman900 on 17 Feb 2022, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.

kenshi_blind

Lol you can't be serious ... (Facepalm)
Hamilton didn't take him out.he was entitled to the corner.

Neuron
Neuron

Politics everywhere... Mercedes wanted Massi's head and they got it. This is the end of 2021 drama.

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

Neuron wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 19:40
Politics everywhere... Mercedes wanted Massi's head and they got it. This is the end of 2021 drama.
Masi got canned for not being able to stand up to the Principals and for pin ball decision making. He should have heen removed before the final race for Spa alone, let alone all the other inconsistencies, and inconsistencies that went against his own previous decisions / words.

Race Director is not a position for a nice guy (or woman). You need someone that can tell both Toto and Horner to “shove it”, equally. And that doesn’t mean parroting what one told you to say to the other. That’s super cringe.

By all accounts he’s a hard working, nice guy. That doesn’t mean he is fit for that particular role.
Last edited by Hoffman900 on 17 Feb 2022, 19:58, edited 4 times in total.

NathanOlder

Guys, ignore the bait posts, Ryar always looking for a reaction, expecially in the Mercedes thread. If anyone compares Silverstone to Spa or Abu Dhabi, then they need to watch a little more motorsport to understand how they are different.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

mstar
mstar

NathanOlder wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 19:47
Guys, ignore the bait posts, Ryar always looking for a reaction, expecially in the Mercedes thread. If anyone compares Silverstone to Spa or Abu Dhabi, then they need to watch a little more motorsport to understand how they are different.
Well Ryar, is a RB and Max fan so what you expect :D

AeroDynamic

I can't say the same things as the others because I'll get banned but I can certainly look on and nod in agreement 🤭

Ryar

NathanOlder wrote:
Hoffman900 wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 19:37

You really come across as someone who just discovered motorsports. Silverstone was a racing incident, in any racing series, for the decades I’ve been watching and been involved in.
I don't have a problem in people throwing jibes and I have gotten used to it and it doesn't concern me. I continue to have the same respect for every poster here. The problem is, when there is zero appetite to understand a different perspective on a discussion forum. Being a Mercedes/Hamilton fan, if you present your arguments and the context include another driver/team, then there can always be another perspective of viewing the argument from the other side. To expect only your point of view to be credible and other's is juvenile makes such a position appears very silly. It may not be very pleasing, but one should put an effort to see the argument from other's perspective. What you term as racing incident, wasn't officially regarded as such. In Abu Dhabi, the Race Director threatened that, any incident where one championship contender taking out the other would have damning consequences. I wonder why it was not the case in Silverstone and that is the backdrop of my argument.

https://www.racefans.net/2021/12/09/dri ... -showdown/
Hakuna Matata!

PlatinumZealot

Ryar wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 20:42
What you term as racing incident, wasn't officially regarded as such. In Abu Dhabi, the Race Director threatened that, any incident where one championship contender taking out the other would have damning consequences. I wonder why it was not the case in Silverstone and that is the backdrop of my argument.

https://www.racefans.net/2021/12/09/dri ... -showdown/
What do you mean by damning consequences?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

AeroDynamic

Ryar wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 20:42
NathanOlder wrote:

Hoffman900 wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 19:37

I don't have a problem in people throwing jibes and I have gotten used to it and it doesn't concern me. I continue to have the same respect for every poster here. The problem is, when there is zero appetite to understand a different perspective on a discussion forum. Being a Mercedes/Hamilton fan, if you present your arguments and the context include another driver/team, then there can always be another perspective of viewing the argument from the other side. To expect only your point of view to be credible and other's is juvenile makes such a position appears very silly. It may not be very pleasing, but one should put an effort to see the argument from other's perspective. What you term as racing incident, wasn't officially regarded as such. In Saudi Arabia, the Race Director threatened that, any incident where one championship contender taking out the other would have damning consequences. I wonder why it was not the case in Silverstone and that is the backdrop of my argument.
maybe because the backdrop to that move was this one at Brazil? Maybe they and many others, don't look at Silverstone the way 'some' of you want them to?

But on Silverstone.. Maybe the stewards, along with Hamilton, expected Max to yield the way Lewis did at turn 6 but Max decided to cut in toward Hamilton after he had won the corner from the inside. Hence, 'only' a time penalty for being at blame more but not fully.
Last edited by AeroDynamic on 18 Feb 2022, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.

organic

Will Mercedes be able to run their car tomorrow with the expected weather? 70kph winds all day pretty much

Last edited by organic on 17 Feb 2022, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.

PlatinumZealot

organic wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 21:19
Will Mercedes be able to run their car tomorrow with the expected weather? 70mph winds all day pretty much

https://preview.redd.it/05gatphw0gi81.p ... 9277c8a5cf
Seventy miles per hour? Or seventy kilometers per hour? :)
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

organic

PlatinumZealot wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 21:23
organic wrote:
Will Mercedes be able to run their car tomorrow with the expected weather? 70mph winds all day pretty much

my bad! Thanks for the correction. edited.

the EDGE
the EDGE

organic wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 21:25
PlatinumZealot wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 21:23
organic wrote:

my bad! Thanks for the correction. edited.
It’s definitely MPH, but that is gusts

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Heathrow reporting forecast gusts up to 55kts. So that’s 100kph winds in the morning