2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AeroDynamic

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

We have to reserve judgement until we see what these cars lap times look like on track. But Mercedes design looks the most 'safe' and familiar of all the cars. It does look like the same car in its approach to these regs in the body philosophy.

siskue2005

adrianjordan

AeroDynamic wrote:
18 Feb 2022, 12:18
adrianjordan wrote:
18 Feb 2022, 11:43
e30ernest wrote:
18 Feb 2022, 11:39
This year's livery looks so bland......
Looks like they've gone with a matte paint as well l. So ugly. Would probably look better if it was gloss!!

Its not matte.

It's a more flat/polished looking silver which for me is nice homage to what was the original polished aluminium silver arrows.
In which case I stand corrected and also will add... Phew!! 😝
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

e30ernest
e30ernest

Yeah if it has a more polished look in person, then that would look better. From the photos that aren't renders it looked really flat.

There really is nothing silver about this car. It's just a regular gray. The last true silver arrows were the chrome McLarens.
Once again, the show renderings and actual car look very different. I'm not sure what the purpose of these fake renderings really are?
"Power is only given to those who lower themselves to pick it up" - Ragnar Lothbrok

marvin78
marvin78

Chrome ist chrome and not silver. The color silver always looks a bit frosted.

AeroDynamic

We could wait until we've seen it on track in day light.

This shot under this lighting captures the silver a bit more.

Schuttelberg

These new cars are just stunning. They make the previous gen cars look hideous. In terms of livery, I think the Aston has been the most stunning so far while the Mercedes looks the best in terms of design and the Ferrari is just the best looking car all round. Mind you, the Ferrari livery this year would easily be among my top 10 all time. So we are lucky we are getting such amazing looking machines. Just hope they can race and one car including this one isn't a silver bullet.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

PlatinumZealot

Ryar wrote:
18 Feb 2022, 07:52

The problem is the intent to look at what is "unsportsmanlike". Sticking up a wheel on the inside of a leading car at copse, especially of the championship leader by the closest contender definitely qualifies to be "unsportsmanlike" under 12.2.1, as much as, if an incident in Abu Dhabi would have taken Lewis out, where Max would have been "predominantly" at blame. If that article becomes acceptable to be applied at Abu Dhabi, why not in Silverstone?
So Max should have been banned after Monza, points docked and banned after Interlagos AND Jeddah. He would not have even competed in Abu Dhabi then.. So a quadruple whammy 100 points lost. Goes to show how lenient Masi was.

Anywag lets drop this Max Vs lewis thing now from our team thread. We have a new year. Masi is gone, Max is world champion, the Hamilton legend is still in tact. Everbody is satisfied.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

SiLo

PlatinumZealot wrote:
18 Feb 2022, 15:11
Ryar wrote:
18 Feb 2022, 07:52

The problem is the intent to look at what is "unsportsmanlike". Sticking up a wheel on the inside of a leading car at copse, especially of the championship leader by the closest contender definitely qualifies to be "unsportsmanlike" under 12.2.1, as much as, if an incident in Abu Dhabi would have taken Lewis out, where Max would have been "predominantly" at blame. If that article becomes acceptable to be applied at Abu Dhabi, why not in Silverstone?
So Max should have been banned after Monza, points docked and banned after Interlagos AND Jeddah. He would not have even competed in Abu Dhabi then.. So a quadruple whammy 100 points lost. Goes to show how lenient Masi was.

Anywag lets drop this Max Vs lewis thing now from our team thread. We have a new year. Masi is gone, Max is world champion, the Hamilton legend is still in tact. Everbody is satisfied.
Ryar is pro-Max/RB and anti-Merc/Lewis. Best to ignore most of the time when talking about either driver.

Changing tack, I like that they have gone back to the silver, but surprised they didn't keep the black fade at the back of the car, always thought that looked really good.
Felipe Baby!

wogx

I didn't know that George changed to #8 this year

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

e30ernest
e30ernest

wogx wrote:
18 Feb 2022, 15:19
I didn't know that George changed to #8 this year

https://www.wykop.pl/cdn/c3201142/comme ... sNxS8m.jpg
That's a sign, Lewis 4(4) 8 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Move the Petronas Primax logo closer to the wishbone, drop the TeamViewer logo in the gap, job done. Floating TeamViewer logo on the side pod like they have it ruins it.
Last edited by 214270 on 18 Feb 2022, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Stu

Just a note to all of those that will notice their posts missing, I have just deleted 44 posts in a mass clean-up of political nonsense (that is several pages worth of posts).

This is the Mercedes Team thread….
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

AeroDynamic

George in the W13 on track at Silverstone.