Ferrari F60

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Re: Ferrari F60

DaveKillens wrote:Ferrari as a team have shot themselves in the foot. It really reminds me of the Ferrari of old, before Michael Schumacher and Co arrived to mold a band of talented misfits into a cohesive team.
There are now many younger fans who never watched Formula One before 2000. Back then ferrari had a well-earned reputation as a well funded team that always screwed up and shot themselves in the foot. And as I fear, the signs are there that this team is slipping. Many people have different opinions about the dream team of Schumacher, Todt, and Brawn, but one thing they did was to eliminate errors and variables. They transformed the Ferrari team into a highly organized, error-free team that just flat out did well in all areas. But lately, too many mistakes are creeping in, and these errors are costing the team dearly. Massa's inability to progress in Malaysia qualifying is something you would have never seen under Todt and Brawn. They were too smart to allow their arrogance to color a decision.
I fear Ferrari have lost indespensible people who made the team what it is. But it is slowly being eroded away by people who aren't capable of the mental clarity of Todt, Schumacher, or Brawn.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

Rob W

DaveKillens wrote:I fear Ferrari have lost indespensible people who made the team what it is. But it is slowly being eroded away by people who aren't capable of the mental clarity of Todt, Schumacher, or Brawn.
You forgot Stepney. He was important wasn't he? :P

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

yes, Stepney was one. I stand corrected.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

hamad138
hamad138

Last edited by hamad138 on 15 Apr 2009, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.

jonathan189
jonathan189

DaveKillens wrote:
DaveKillens wrote:Ferrari as a team have shot themselves in the foot. It really reminds me of the Ferrari of old, before Michael Schumacher and Co arrived to mold a band of talented misfits into a cohesive team.
There are now many younger fans who never watched Formula One before 2000. Back then ferrari had a well-earned reputation as a well funded team that always screwed up and shot themselves in the foot. And as I fear, the signs are there that this team is slipping. Many people have different opinions about the dream team of Schumacher, Todt, and Brawn, but one thing they did was to eliminate errors and variables. They transformed the Ferrari team into a highly organized, error-free team that just flat out did well in all areas. But lately, too many mistakes are creeping in, and these errors are costing the team dearly. Massa's inability to progress in Malaysia qualifying is something you would have never seen under Todt and Brawn. They were too smart to allow their arrogance to color a decision.

I fear Ferrari have lost indespensible people who made the team what it is. But it is slowly being eroded away by people who aren't capable of the mental clarity of Todt, Schumacher, or Brawn.
Agreed. It's heartbreaking. I think seeing Raikkonen on full wets when it wasn't raining was possibly more horrible than seeing Massa qualify 16th.

jonathan189
jonathan189

hamad138 wrote:Image

from the Vairano Test
This looks very good.

Though James Allen says it's no big deal:
Meanwhile there is some rumour that Ferrari will turn up in Shanghai with a double decker diffuser. This is not the case, apparently. A modified car was shaken down at Vairano last Friday before being shipped out and it features some minor updates to the diffuser as well as the front wing and wheel covers. But it is not a step change in performance, which the double decker diffuser and floor would give.
:|
Last edited by jonathan189 on 15 Apr 2009, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.

ISLAMATRON

hamad138 wrote:Image

Is this real or photoshopped?

jonathan189
jonathan189

I think it could be real -- see my post and link above. I don't know though. We may be looking at a quick and superficial fix if James Allen is correct.

antrock
antrock

that is photoshopped! photo of that and the original are circulating over at atlas f1 forums as well

jonathan189
jonathan189

Oh well.

timbo
timbo

antrock wrote:that is photoshopped! photo of that and the original are circulating over at atlas f1 forums as well
You can point any particular features that make you think it's photoshopped?

antrock
antrock

yes, i can post an original photo

mistrx
mistrx

Ferrari won't run KERS in Shanghai, according to Autosport: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74492

What do you think is the reason? Because of the high tyre wear?
Kubica on the contrary will maybe use KERS in China for the first time.

Chinese circuit has (I think) the longest straight in the F1 calendar, so KERS could be maybe beneficial. Or is the balance of the car more important, as Chinese circuit seems to have lot of curves requiring lot of downforce and good balance?

Motley
Motley

mistrx wrote:Ferrari won't run KERS in Shanghai, according to Autosport: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74492

What do you think is the reason?
Because it's cack...

mike
mike

LOL i told you so~~
the Ferrari KERS is not competitive enough, its effecting their balance and braking too much that the 6s boost is not enough
i can quote myself "get the bloody KERS off the car"