2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
wogx

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

PlatinumZealot wrote:
28 Feb 2022, 14:56
Lewis teammate smart! Lewis dumb! Here we go again!
Did anyone said, that Bottas/Button/Rosberg (alphabetical order) was overall smarter/better driver than LH? I doubt it. Maybe some people named him an underdog when he was competing with Alonso in McL, but that was 15 years ago! Is he a god of racetracks? No. Even he makes mistakes, but usually far, far less than other drivers.

Is Russell more professional at his age? I'm 100% sure. We won't see Twitter dramas set up by him, he won't post telemetrical data online. If Lewis started his career in 2018, at Russell's age, would he made a PowerPoint presentation for Toto? Once more time - I doubt it.

Was Lewis the better driver in past seasons? Yup, 9/10 times. And even if he was beated, his rival was exhausted to the bone, like Rosberg, who immediately left F1. But now he is competing with Russell, and that season might be his toughest in F1

Is Russell less experienced & a "hot blood" driver? Yes, he made some stupid errors in past years (he Grosjeaned himself out of track at Emilia-Romagna GP 2020, His collision with Bottas next year was also "unnecessary"), but he's young, he will be better & better.
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

kenshi_blind

wogx wrote:
28 Feb 2022, 15:53
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Did anyone said, that Bottas/Button/Rosberg (alphabetical order) was overall smarter/better driver than LH? I doubt it. Maybe some people named him an underdog when he was competing with Alonso in McL, but that was 15 years ago! Is he a god of racetracks? No. Even he makes mistakes, but usually far, far less than other drivers.

Is Russell more professional at his age? I'm 100% sure. We won't see Twitter dramas set up by him, he won't post telemetrical data online. If Lewis started his career in 2018, at Russell's age, would he made a PowerPoint presentation for Toto? Once more time - I doubt it.

Was Lewis the better driver in past seasons? Yup, 9/10 times. And even if he was beated, his rival was exhausted to the bone, like Rosberg, who immediately left F1. But now he is competing with Russell, and that season might be his toughest in F1

Is Russell less experienced & a "hot blood" driver? Yes, he made some stupid errors in past years (he Grosjeaned himself out of track at Emilia-Romagna GP 2020, His collision with Bottas next year was also "unnecessary"), but he's young, he will be better & better.
Only replying to the bolded , they sure did . between the Jenson style is smooth implying that Lewis is not , Lewis killing his engines because of his driving style , not knowing how to save fuel and so on . they did their utmost best to make him look like a driver who either doesn't have a brain or if he had one , doesn't know how to use it

wogx

kenshi_blind wrote:
28 Feb 2022, 15:57
wogx wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Did anyone said, that Bottas/Button/Rosberg (alphabetical order) was overall smarter/better driver than LH?
Only replying to the bolded , they sure did . between the Jenson style is smooth implying that Lewis is not , Lewis killing his engines because of his driving style , not knowing how to save fuel and so on . they did their utmost best to make him look like a driver who either doesn't have a brain or if he had one , doesn't know how to use it
That "overall" should be double bolded :lol: Sure, he made mistakes. But looking at whole seasons/whole rivalry with other driver in one team - he was the better driver.
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

kenshi_blind

wogx wrote:
28 Feb 2022, 16:01
kenshi_blind wrote:
28 Feb 2022, 15:57
wogx wrote:

Did anyone said, that Bottas/Button/Rosberg (alphabetical order) was overall smarter/better driver than LH?
That "overall" should be double bolded :lol: Sure, he made mistakes. But looking at whole seasons/whole rivalry with other driver in one team - he was the better driver.
yeah well overall they did (maybe not with Bottas). the go to excuse was/is the car , sheer luck or somehow the team put him first even though that only happen when his team mate is mathematically out of contention for the championship
I've never seen a driver who has to do double/triple/ quadriple of what other drivers do just to be treated fairly and quite frankly it is exhausting
i agree with you but listening to the pundits/ so called ex drivers , one might feel like living in a twilight zone

ringo

He will always be seen in a cynical light for some reason and never truly accepted as just being a driver doing his job.
People create a head and they get into it and say that's Hamilton's. Very ammusing over the years.
First the 2009 cars will less aero, he couldnt manage because of his driving style needed the downforce.
Then the no refueling days, he coudlnt drive also cause he isnt smart.
Then Button teammate days.. button is better at race craft, had race pace, managed tyres, and fuel etc.
Then the old Hamilton is worse in highspeed corners because he isnt smooth enough, he only knows how to hussle in the medium and slow speed.
Then the mercedes days.. he cannot lead a team. Was sheltered by Ron in Mclaren.
Cannot manage fuel and tyres again. Not smart enough to manage the new PU.
Yep! a long list.
After the technical falsehoods were clearly not going to stick.. the media moved to the head games.
And this Russel vs Hamilton thing is the new story.
I think it's a first attempt to distract both drivers and Lewis himself. And it's really based on dislike. I wont say hatred; i dont have evidence.
For Sure!!

ringo

By the way Redbull seem to have a knack for rule manipulation to suit their agenda. Theyre asking for the minimim weight to increase because their car is overweight.
Is the W13 at the weight limit?
For Sure!!

AeroDynamic

has anything come out regarding FIA's query for Hamilton's absence at the award ceremony?

dans79

AeroDynamic wrote:
28 Feb 2022, 20:39
has anything come out regarding FIA's query for Hamilton's absence at the award ceremony?
Not that I have seen!
201 105 104 9 9 7

chrisc90

dans79 wrote:
28 Feb 2022, 20:45
AeroDynamic wrote:
28 Feb 2022, 20:39
Not that I have seen!
Wonder when it is going to come to fruition about missing out on the ceremony.

What are the possible consequences? I imagine it'll be just a fine which is pretty pointless.

AeroDynamic

Probably behind the scenes conversations will lead to some slap on the wrist outcome. Which is all it should be anyway. Imagine penalising on track for something off track, of that nature.

With the concession by the FIA about Abu Dhabi and Masi, I'm sure the sympathy is where it belongs.

Macklaren
Macklaren

at the very most, it will be "community service" with the FIA like Horner got for criticizing marshals.

chrisc90

Macklaren wrote:
28 Feb 2022, 22:18
at the very most, it will be "community service" with the FIA like Horner got for criticizing marshals.
Its interesting you mentioned that.... Horner got into trouble for criticising the marshalls about a 'rougue flag that went out' Got into trouble.

But Hamilton is allowed to question the integrity of the FIA, admitting he's lost faith in them, and gets away with it?
https://the-race.com/formula-1/hamilton ... fter-2021/

Certainly be interesting to see what the come up with. What are the sanctions for breaking the sporting code around Prize giving?

AeroDynamic

chrisc90 wrote:
28 Feb 2022, 22:31
Macklaren wrote:
Its interesting you mentioned that.... Horner got into trouble for criticising the marshalls about a 'rougue flag that went out' Got into trouble.

But Hamilton is allowed to question the integrity of the FIA, admitting he's lost faith in them, and gets away with it?

Certainly be interesting to see what the come up with. What are the sanctions for breaking the sporting code around Prize giving?

I think Hamilton tells the truth and is genuine. Horner is the most widely known hocus-pocus peddler in the paddock. The FIA probably weren't in the mood for his nonsense.

chrisc90

AeroDynamic wrote:
28 Feb 2022, 22:38
chrisc90 wrote:
Macklaren wrote:

I think Hamilton tells the truth and is genuine. Horner is the most widely known hocus-pocus peddler in the paddock. The FIA probably weren't in the mood for his nonsense.
I guess you 'could' look at it that way. But why treat one differently to the other? If anyone wants to question the integrity of the sport and those running it, they should both be punished?

AeroDynamic

chrisc90 wrote:
28 Feb 2022, 22:40
AeroDynamic wrote:
28 Feb 2022, 22:38
chrisc90 wrote:

I guess you 'could' look at it that way. But why treat one differently to the other? If anyone wants to question the integrity of the sport and those running it, they should both be punished?
no, because Horner lied on the Marshall and a lot more people than Hamilton, are questioning the FIA and Masi after last season. The structural changes speak to it. Has any other team, driver, or personal besides Horner, collectively called into question the marshalling?
Last edited by AeroDynamic on 28 Feb 2022, 22:50, edited 1 time in total.