2022 Haas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2022 Uralkali | Haas F1 Team

The Power of Dreams!

gastonmazzacane

Haas really doesn't have luck with sponsors, does it?

Mogster

gastonmazzacane wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 11:39
Maybe Gene shouldn’t pursue such dodgy sources of funding?

Stu

Mogster wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 11:51
gastonmazzacane wrote:
This is F1! It actively chased tobacco advertising money…
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Stu

Wouter wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 12:10
A very strange press-statement!!
The real reason that he is not on the squad any more is that the funding to keep him there has been removed. Did he really expect to keep the drive?
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

chrisc90

Stu wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 11:57
Mogster wrote:
gastonmazzacane wrote:
I dont think that is comparable to a company such as Uralkali and what they do. Where do you stop with that though? Do we condemn oil sponsors on the sides of cars for digging up the planet? Do we condemn coca cola for making sugary drinks and making people fat? Peroni for making alcohol - that can be addictive and bad like tobacco.

Possible problem for Haas could have been the seizure of their assets if they were very heavily funded by a Russian oligarch. We've already seen luxury yachts seized, so doing the same with a F1 car would be no different. Look at the owners of Chelsea and Everton selling up.

I feel for Nikita losing his seat, and probably his full motorsport career from now on, but you cant hide from what is happening in the world at the moment. Shops down to stopping selling vodka aswell.

I think Haas were in between a rock and a tight place here, but ultimately, and the way the rest of the sporting world has gone regarding athletes competing. They have took the right choice. Hopefully they have enough ££££ to survive and they can bring in a new sponsor relatively quickly. But I feel there will be a period of without one as they demonstrate how good their new car is compared to the rest of the grid.

Mogster

Stu wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 11:57
Mogster wrote:
gastonmazzacane wrote:
I mean potentially unreliable. Philip Morris, R J Reynolds and BAT may be poor ethical choices but you’re guaranteed to get their money.

Mogster

Stu wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 12:13
Wouter wrote:
The real reason that he is not on the squad any more is that the funding to keep him there has been removed. Did he really expect to keep the drive?
It’s not that different to the common situation in racing where a drivers backers or sponsors don’t/can’t pay.

I don’t feel sorry for him. His previous behaviour, the video, punching Ilott, his offensive social media postings mean he shouldn’t be driving in F1 anyway.

jjn9128

Mogster wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 13:02
Stu wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 12:13
Wouter wrote:
It’s not that different to the common situation in racing where a drivers backers or sponsors don’t/can’t pay.

I don’t feel sorry for him. His previous behaviour, the video, punching Ilott, his offensive social media postings mean he shouldn’t be driving in F1 anyway.
100% agree here. I mean if just focus on his driving in F2 (and sometimes F1 think Zandvoort) there are cases which could at worst be described as deliberate attempts to take out a rival, at best showing zero spatial awareness - he was so close to (and probably should have had) a race ban.

Willingness means diddly squat if the team aren't being paid for their services!
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

falonso81

This hole ha(a) s no bottom. It doesn't surprise me the least. Kindergarten kids are being bullied by the other kids just because they are Russian. We are all hypocrites and mischievous people. Sad sad times.

hollus

Guys, it is realatively easy. Politics are off limits in this forum. As is religion and the much less divisive theme of cricket.

So don't go there. Search deep enough and just about every country has just about every possible action in its history. For any political view you have, many millions will have a very different one.

So we can talk about politics and not talk at all, or talk about F1 and have a place for technical discussion.

Now obviously, in this case, there are politics in the real world affecting a F1 team.
So, Mazepin is on topic.
Uralkali is on topic.
Steiner or Haas deciding that a Russian (or it is belarussian?) entity has no place in their car and sabotaging their title sponsor, is on topic.

They are on topic in this thread only and they are on topic in as much as what they do affects F1, but discussion of their ulterior political motives, is simply off limits.

USA, off limits. China, off limits. Russia, off limits. Ukraine, off limits.

There is a simple logic behind it if you want to continue having a place where we can discuss the techie aspects of F1.

So, while obviously politics are affecting F1, this is not the venue to discuss the politics.

We are removing posts that focus on the politics from all sides and angles, or at least we try to.

As much as I hate to say this, there will be warnings for repeated offenders below this line.
Rivals, not enemies.

Scorpaguy

Ludicrous mode list for replacement:

1. Jamie Chadwick
2. Pato O'Ward
3. Kyle Busch
4. Sebastian Ogier
5. Kimi!
6. Robin Frijns
7. Lewis Hamilton (just to put the "its the car" rumors to rest)
8. Igor Skuz
9. KMag
10. Kazuya Taguchi

..."ludicrous", yes. However, still prefer all to Pietro.

JordanMugen

Scorpaguy wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 16:44
However, still prefer all to Pietro.
Pietro is a decent enough driver though? :)

Wishlist:
1) Piastri
2) Giovanazzi
3) Fittipaldi

It seems that realistically it will be Fittipaldi or Giovanazzi and Alpine won't open their chequebook. :(

Mercedes GP seemed very keen on promoting De Vries to F1, so maybe they could open their chequebook to buy De Vries some Grand Prix experience at HAAS?

Scorpaguy

JordanMugen wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 16:51
Pietro is a decent enough driver though? :)
Pietro is of course an elite driver...they all truly are to get to such level. However, I do not believe he stands above even half the crowd of the other elites. I can get behind your "Piastri" pick :D