2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Dee
Dee

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

PlatinumZealot wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 19:12
These are the facts that Newey summed it up perfectly:

Longtime chief designer Newey reckons Red Bull on balance had a quicker car during the course of the 2021 F1 season but agrees that Mercedes managed to claw back a lot towards the end of the year where they were quite handy.

He agrees that regulation changes suited Red Bull more than Mercedes, but they all agreed to it. “It’s difficult to know exactly I mean we all voted for the regulation changes,” said Newey. “Did it suit us more than Mercedes? It seems so certainly earlier in the year, obviously the last few races they’ve come back very strong.

“I think on balance we’ve probably had the quicker car and that’s a tribute to everybody back in the factory really. I think obviously everybody’s. We’re all in the limelight here but what the guys have done back in the factory my colleague engineers the everybody everybody in the whole place the support we feel when we’re out here that they give us is amazing,” summed up Newey.
So let's stop this wild propaganda now please.

We all acknowledge that Max is a top driver. No need to defend his position with the slow car, fast car diatribe and diminish the good job the team has done. A lot of people here are for the team not the drivers so it is insensitive to denigrate the efforts of the team.

I don't have the energy to keep arguing this so this is my last post about this. Say what you want about the RB being slower in 2021. We have the facts and I will congratulate Adrian and his team for the good job they have done.
"I think" and "probably" are not at all positive statements

If you want to take one unsure line from Newey and ignore all stats and results for the entire year to claim your propaganda, go right ahead

Stu

2-0-2-2, please!!
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Dee
Dee

I really do not know why mods do not ban the posters who continue to de-rail topics. I respond to irrelivent comments that needs a rebuttal.

A month ban off this thread is what is needed

Then those that come to troll will have nowhere to go

ringo

chrisc90 wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 17:09
I think Merc had the faster car over all. (probably due to the rear flexi wing under the DRS flap hidden from cameras) But RB were way better on strategy and driver skill.
Redbull had the faster car and a car that was always in the zone for best performance. Newey endorsed this.

Hamilton simply had better tyre management on average. His car was was more peculiar to setup. It's not possible to separate the car from the driver.
w12 + Hamilton = better race pace on harder tyre than Max + Rb16b

lets replace Hamilton with Bottas...
is the equation true?

No!

So you cannot separate car and driver. W12 was not the car to have in 2021 and all the drivers onnthe grid said they would rather have the redbull.

Max did not get the best out of his car on the long runs and thats why he had poorer stint management. This may be down to experience or Hamilton is relatively better at this.

Newey knew and we all could see that even in Jeddah the Redbull was flying till it smacked the wall. Proof that mercedes upgrades did not put the w12 ahead on top speed or cornering speed. RB16b was the best car, but simply was not managed better over the full distance of the race by their drivers.
Max has more learning and development to do and i think he will make big improvements on his setup and race management.
For Sure!!

Dee
Dee

ringo wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 19:28
chrisc90 wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 17:09
I think Merc had the faster car over all. (probably due to the rear flexi wing under the DRS flap hidden from cameras) But RB were way better on strategy and driver skill.
Redbull had the faster car and a car that was always in the zone for best performance. Newey endorsed this.

Hamilton simply had better tyre management on average. His car was was more peculiar to setup. It's not possible to separate the car from the driver.
w12 + Hamilton = better race pace on harder tyre than Max + Rb16b

lets replace Hamilton with Bottas...
is the equation true?

No!

So you cannot separate car and driver. W12 was not the car to have in 2021 and all the drivers onnthe grid said they would rather have the redbull.

Max did not get the best out of his car on the long runs and thats why he had poorer stint management. This may be down to experience or Hamilton is relatively better at this.

Newey knew and we all could see that even in Jeddah the Redbull was flying till it smacked the wall. Proof that mercedes upgrades did not put the w12 ahead on top speed or cornering speed. RB16b was the best car, but simply was not managed better over the full distance of the race by their drivers.
Max has more learning and development to do and i think he will make big improvements on his setup and race management.
"all the drivers onnthe grid said they would rather have the redbull"

False, not one driver has been asked this question. Please show source.

"Max did not get the best out of his car on the long runs and thats why he had poorer stint management. This may be down to experience or Hamilton is relatively better at this"

Obviously, must be why he was normally 20 to 40 seconds ahead of Perez and won in COTA....

"even in Jeddah the Redbull was flying till it smacked the wall. Proof that mercedes upgrades did not put the w12 ahead on top speed or cornering speed. RB16b was the best car, but simply was not managed better over the full distance of the race by their drivers"

In Jeddah and Abu Dhabi, RB gave up downforce for race position in qualy. I think you are also forgetting the +18kph that Hamilton got from his new engine which helped his race pace in 3/4 races at the end.

Cassius
Cassius

So much bull in one post from you ringo.

If you count the races where Merc had a race pace advantage it was clear over the year Merc with Lewis had an overall pace advantage over Max in the RB.

Tyre management has nothing to do with this Both Max and Lewis can save tyres without losing much time.

Important is that if a car is a few tenths faster on race pace you can be kinder for the tyres without losing anything to your main competitor.

The RB had less issues warming up tyres which also means in the race they overheat a bit more. The superior Merc suspension and low rake probably explains why it has this advantage.

Lewis got beaten by someone and all fans are grabbing any opportunity to diminish his FY 2021 achievement.

Big Tea

I tried my best not to get involved back into this thread derailing, but.. The cars are quickest at different times. Fastest can not be disputed because its a number displayed on the screen, but it is fastest at a set point and may not get around a lap in the lowest time.

If (either) one car is on 30 lap and tyres and the other is on new rubber, its the one on newer tyres. A car deliberately not going as fast as the other can still finish ahead by either taking harder tyres or not using tyres so hard, or even using less fuel at different points in the race.

It is pointless arguing car A is faster than car B all year
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Dee wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 19:27
I really do not know why mods do not ban the posters who continue to de-rail topics. I respond to irrelivent comments that needs a rebuttal.

A month ban off this thread is what is needed

Then those that come to troll will have nowhere to go
But what will you do then? :wink: :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Cassius wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 19:53

Lewis got beaten by someone and all fans are grabbing any opportunity to diminish his FY 2021 achievement.
Indeed so. Unfortunately, that someone was an FIA employee. :wink: :lol:

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Big Tea wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 20:16

It is pointless arguing car A is faster than car B all year
The only point is for those that want to show that "their" driver is the better one. "My driver" won because he's a better driver, not because his car was any good. Standard fare in driver fan posts.

Ryar

Just_a_fan wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 20:52
Cassius wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=1039285#p1039285

Same response. :-({|= :lol:
Hakuna Matata!

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Ryar wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 21:11
Just_a_fan wrote:
Cassius wrote:

One's true, the other isn't. :wink:

Ryar

Just_a_fan wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 21:13
Ryar wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 21:11
Just_a_fan wrote:

One's true, the other isn't. :wink:
Agreed, as I always said. :wink:
Hakuna Matata!

AeroDynamic

Newey is a lot more privy to actual data from people that really understand what is happening on the track. So are F1. Rob Smedley and Newey have both Suggested the RBR car was a bit better that season. Fan opinions to the contrary are just opinion. The RB was inherently faster because the rake maintained good DownForce after the regs reduced the floor and the slots teams used to extract DF from floors.

ispano6

Guys, use the ignore feature! Don't let the usual suspects ruin your time here. Make sure to always read the forums logged in so that you can skip the crap and quit replying to their posts!

Max is the reigning World Champion and we get to relish and enjoy him and Red Bull Honda's achievement this year as car #1! Make sure to re-watch the 2021 final last lap, over and over and over again and just imagine what the other fans were feeling when Max crossed the line as champ! Nothing can take away that satisfaction!

For this season only focus on what the Red Bull team says and does, nothing else! There's no point in reading and writing endless rants about other teams and drivers in this thread!