Ferrari F60

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
DM0407
DM0407

Re: Ferrari F60

Was MS at Brazil in 2007?

Bob Brown

andartop wrote:Just to set the record straight: MS will not be at Shangai because Ferrari KNOW whenever he is present something very bad happens to Kimi. Just check it if you don't believe me.
and here I thought I was the only one that has noticed this over the past few years. It is sooo true.

jddh1

Looks like our drivers are going to see the exhaust fumes of too many cars this season guys. I'm depressed. I'm ready to give up on this season and just hope we don't get beat by Fifi (They do have better results that us this year.)
If Domenicali doesn't sort this out by the first 6 races, I think it would be time to close up shop for the year and start working on the 2010 car, with perhaps Alonso in the cockpit.

xpensive
xpensive

Where Dom will face the next issue, when you design for 2010 rules, can you be certain MrM won't spin them yet again?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

donskar
donskar

jddh1 wrote:Looks like our drivers are going to see the exhaust fumes of too many cars this season guys. I'm depressed. I'm ready to give up on this season and just hope we don't get beat by Fifi (They do have better results that us this year.)
If Domenicali doesn't sort this out by the first 6 races, I think it would be time to close up shop for the year and start working on the 2010 car, with perhaps Alonso in the cockpit.
A bit early to give up. It will be a good learning season in the spirit of "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger." No team has ever been stronger than Ferrari in the Schumi era and no team has ever lost so many great people in such a short span of time. Ferrari may never get back to where they were, but never fear, they will consistently be entertaining.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

ISLAMATRON

so are they faster or slower without the KERS?

donskar
donskar

ISLAMATRON wrote:so are they faster or slower without the KERS?
I don't think KERS is the issue.

From what Kimi and Massa said, it sounds (IMHO) like they are lacking in mechanical grip and downforce.

Scotracer
Scotracer

Even slower... #-o
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

ISLAMATRON

donskar wrote:

From what Kimi and Massa said, it sounds (IMHO) like they are lacking in mechanical grip and downforce.
Would they be less slow with the KERS back on board? KERS obviously makes the cars faster... but they need t work on its reliability... but then again they could probably gain more speed focusing on a DD and other aero improvements... but what they really need to be doing is stop making so many damn mistakes.

donskar
donskar

ISLAMATRON wrote:
donskar wrote:

Would they be less slow with the KERS back on board? KERS obviously makes the cars faster... but they need t work on its reliability... but then again they could probably gain more speed focusing on a DD and other aero improvements... but what they really need to be doing is stop making so many damn mistakes.
Yes, less slow, but also more reliable, so they would do a little better -- until they dropped out.

I agree -- Ferrari (IMHO) would do better concentrating on the DDD rather than on KERS. I think we can agree that the Brawn/Toyota/Williams "Little Big Three" are dominating because of DDD -- not because of KERS. Maybe FIA can make F1 racing a bit more equal by forcing Brawn to be "handicapped" by having to use KERS. :roll:

And so far this season my opinion has been strengthened that Adrian Newey is the greatest F1 designer of this period (last 10 - 15 years?). His design is competitive without the controversial DDD. I can't help wonder what John Barnard might produce under the current rules . . .

donskar
donskar

#-o WHOOPS! NOT
Yes, less slow, but also more reliable, so they would do a little better -- until they dropped out.
I MEANT to say: "Yes, less slow, but also less reliable, so they would do a little better -- until they dropped out."

I guess it was that fit of impending nostalgia that caused me to lose control.

mike
mike

considering that kimis tyres are all worn he has got 68.5 litres of fuel on the car, ferrari still got potential.
tomorrows race will tell us the affect of fuel on non-KERS cars

jddh1

donskar wrote:
jddh1 wrote:Looks like our drivers are going to see the exhaust fumes of too many cars this season guys. I'm depressed. I'm ready to give up on this season and just hope we don't get beat by Fifi (They do have better results that us this year.)
A bit early to give up. It will be a good learning season in the spirit of "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger." No team has ever been stronger than Ferrari in the Schumi era and no team has ever lost so many great people in such a short span of time. Ferrari may never get back to where they were, but never fear, they will consistently be entertaining.
I am giving up. Weren't we all on this forum saying that after testing the Ferraris were second fastest only behind the Brawns? Well, that form is not really showing and this is a disgrace, as far as I'm concerned.

*upset, so off to blow some steam playing call of duty online*

Giblet
Giblet

Consider yourself quoted.

Tickets to the band wagon are non refundable.

My friends that watched the Vancouver Canucks hockey games over at my place gave up for this season, as they did not look very good, but they are one of the strong favorites to win the Stanley Cup.

I told them they can come back and still watch, but it will cost them a lot of beer :)
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

noname
noname

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 3818.shtml

it does not look good.

personally I am glad Kimi won title in 2007 so he will not walk away from f1 empty-handed.