2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Nicktendo86
Nicktendo86

Re: 2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

It’s a week before the first gp with new regulations, it is absolutely a disaster

djos

Nicktendo86 wrote:
11 Mar 2022, 10:27
It’s a week before the first gp with new regulations, it is absolutely a disaster
You are being a drama Queen! Would you rather they found these issues at the first race? 🤦‍♂️

Testing is called testing for a reason!
"In downforce we trust"

CjC
CjC

It’s tough being a Mclaren fan. There is always a fly in the ointment
Just a fan's point of view

Emag
Emag

Yeah this test has been a big yikes so far. Daniel is sick, brakes are broken, and they still haven't been able to test any new stuff yet.

To top it all off, next week we will start racing. This went from great-ish to really bad very quickly.

I just hope there is some underlying pace in the car at least, but I am not expecting good things from the first race.

MrGapes

Back out!

nvm back to removing those cake tins :(

Emag
Emag

MrGapes wrote:
11 Mar 2022, 11:25
Back out!

nvm back to removing those cake tins :(
Unless you hear from the paddock that new parts are arriving and they replace that crap, don't keep your hopes up for long stints.

genarro
genarro

Loosing 2 days of testing because of brakes is just blatant stupidity...

cliffgamerz
cliffgamerz

Emag wrote:
11 Mar 2022, 11:13
Yeah this test has been a big yikes so far. Daniel is sick, brakes are broken, and they still haven't been able to test any new stuff yet.

To top it all off, next week we will start racing. This went from great-ish to really bad very quickly.

I just hope there is some underlying pace in the car at least, but I am not expecting good things from the first race.
Come next weekend if they are challenging the top two teams everything will be forgotten soon, so testing is testing, they might be BrawnGP or could be HRT when Race weekend starts, but all i know from many years of following testing is yes loss of track time is bad but doesn't mean much to say they will be at back fighting at tail end, they have a great team of engineers and have come a long way, and i have never been more proud than ever with what they achieved.

Lachstar
Lachstar

Well 6 laps completed during the last run which is the best of the day so far. #smallwins

1m0bius1
1m0bius1

How do you --- up in the space of two weeks. What a joke.

CjC
CjC

I wish it was a joke so we could actually laugh.
I bet that grin on Seidls face has well and truly been wiped of his face🤦🏼‍♂️ As well as any of our faces.

Now they are a laughing stock.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Seems they got back to business. Several shorter runs in a row.

For a team with low running they have decent pace.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Emag wrote:
11 Mar 2022, 11:13

After testing sessions like the ones we had in 2017, this is not that bad… I would have expected McLaren fans to be way more resilient after the Honda days, lol

The team is of course compromising a bit their program, but the car is doing laps and ticking things off the list, if anything what is missing is long runs or race simulations, but there is still time for those.

Edit: spelling… Brain still not awake

Lachstar
Lachstar

Not bad 10 laps on the last set of tyres, with a couple of trips through the pit lane in the middle. Good improvement.

CjC
CjC

Thing is that was 5 years ago and we thought the team had made proper progress especially these last 3 seasons but now a brake cooling issue is holding them back from serious running at the SECOND test. It’s nearly up there with having to say they can’t run because they forgot to order any fuel🤦🏼‍♂️.