Ferrari F1-75

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Andi76
Andi76

Re: Ferrari F1-75

Sainz and Ferrari suffer a lot from porpoising at the moment. I assume they go extreme now with the suspension-set-up, ride-height, balance and downforce, since it was said Ferrari is one of the two teams(the other being McLaren)who do not have the porpoising problem any more.

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

^^ team thread

Timtim99
Timtim99

Out of the top 3 Ferrari was the only team that did not bring any major upgrade to the second test, so on budget and car upgrade they seems to have an advantage. What do you guys think?

west52keep64

The car looks good, but I think the engine is clearly the bigger upgrade for this year, you can see that in the performance of the Haas and Alfa.

Timtim99
Timtim99

west52keep64 wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 18:24
The car looks good, but I think the engine is clearly the bigger upgrade for this year, you can see that in the performance of the Haas and Alfa.
Those two will be a surprise this year especially the Haas car

ringo

I think there is a relationship between porpoising and fuel load.
It may be possible ferrari are running lighter than the others and mercedes are running very heavy.
I will wait until Q1 to get an idea of relative pace.
For Sure!!

Sevach
Sevach

Timtim99 wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 17:37
Out of the top 3 Ferrari was the only team that did not bring any major upgrade to the second test, so on budget and car upgrade they seems to have an advantage. What do you guys think?
They are playing it safe seeing if any brilliant ideas pop up that can be copied.

I think their sidepods give plenty of room to tinker... it's an ok position to be on even if Red Bull ends up being the faster car.

dialtone
dialtone

Timtim99 wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 18:39
ringo wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 18:31
I think there is a relationship between porpoising and fuel load.
It may be possible ferrari are running lighter than the others and mercedes are running very heavy.
I will wait until Q1 to get an idea of relative pace.
What do you now say about Red Bull for you to just concludes that Ferrari is running light
Doesn't seem possible to say who's running lighter without at least seeing some telemetry... C5 RBR v C4 FER, from yesterday's telemetry RBR both higher rpm and gear ratios than FER etc. One thing that can be said is that RBR seems to have properly solved porpoising on both fast one-lap and longer stints.

ringo

I do not know. Just going by past winter tests. Ferrari always look strong theb when the season starts they are behind and they admit to running light. It may be the case here again.
For Sure!!

jumpingfish

Sevach wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 18:35
Timtim99 wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 17:37
They are playing it safe seeing if any brilliant ideas pop up that can be copied.

I think their sidepods give plenty of room to tinker... it's an ok position to be on even if Red Bull ends up being the faster car.
Same thoughts here, I assume Ferrari is planning to look at the rest of the cars, see good, interesting solutions and immediately implement something similar to itself. They deliberately did not bring updates to Bahrain in order to fully understand the car and then make precise changes to the weak areas of the car.

Timtim99
Timtim99

ringo wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 18:42
I do not know. Just going by past winter tests. Ferrari always look strong theb when the season starts they are behind and they admit to running light. It may be the case here again.
Have you forgotten previous years cars is 100% different from this years cars, so comparing past winter to me is 100% wrong. With the way Ferrari went about their business and not fully turning up their engine, we are all in for a surprise.

Timtim99
Timtim99

ringo wrote:
Have you forgotten previous years cars is 100% different from this years cars, so comparing past winter to me is 100% wrong. With the way Ferrari went about their business and not fully turning up their engine, we are all in for a surprise.

Henri
Henri

Timtim99 wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 18:54
ringo wrote:
I confident ferrari will be competitive.. the new engine looks powerful

Andi76
Andi76

Henri wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 19:43
Timtim99 wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 18:54
ringo wrote:
I confident ferrari will be competitive.. the new engine looks powerful
At the end of the day its guessing. There is definetely a reason to be confident. The concept of the car seems to be great, the F1-75 was consistently fast, no matter what tyre they used or when they went on track, and the car just behaved very well. No understeer, drivers were able to break late, take more speed into the corners, get on the throttle early...usually thats good signs. Also that all the other teams engineers said Ferrari is Nr. 1, without suggesting they may run on low fuel(what some egineers always suggested in previous years)...
Things are looking good and its really a reason to be confident. But i think Red Bull sucessfully tweaked their car today and they will be very fast! I think Ferrari and Red Bull are fastest with Mercedes third, but 0.5 sec. behind Red Bull and Ferrari. I also think Mercedes will be in trouble in race conditions, as they probably can't get rid of porpoising and over the course of the season - their concept will prove to be wrong.

saviour stivala
saviour stivala

''The new engine looks powerful'' That plus deployment looks to be the bnest of all four.