Ferrari F1-75

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
mzso
mzso

Re: Ferrari F1-75

Andi76 wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 00:42
mzso wrote:
13 Mar 2022, 18:43
So, it's fan-fiction then.
So everything that gets reported is fan-fiction? Even if what we knoe of another F1 team underlines this report? And telemetry? Interesting...
That's pretty much a detailed first person account, no way that someone would just give away all that.
It's not like some is quoted saying what they examined and tested.

ryaan2904
ryaan2904

Vanja #66 wrote:
13 Mar 2022, 20:19
Yes, very poor understanding of flat floor with diffuser and venturi-tunnel floor and their differences from the author. Mass flow to the venturi-tunnel diffser, ie divergent part of the tunnel, is not constant. Chocking happens when the smallest cross-section (the throat) can't let any more air through. After the throat chokes, the divergent part of the tunnel starts behaving differently and the lack of flow rate to it leads to initial separation, as there is not enough air to "expand" and stay attached to the venturi diffuser.

This separation propagates to the point where it's no longer benefitial (some separation in diffusers can be benefitial, but it depends on overall floor geometry) and this leads to less downforce. Less downforce leads to car going up, to the point where throat is not chocked anymore and natural flow is established again. Thus more downforce is produced, pulling the car down to the point where throat is chocked again etc...
Great read this one! I had a few reservations regarding the last one, but the picture seemed legit.
Also, does this mean the diffuser will choke regardless of what teams do to the floor? I dont get the relation between rear floor upgrades and porpoising.
CFD Eyes of Sauron

Andi76
Andi76

mzso wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 01:28
Andi76 wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 00:42
mzso wrote:
13 Mar 2022, 18:43

So, it's fan-fiction then.
So everything that gets reported is fan-fiction? Even if what we knoe of another F1 team underlines this report? And telemetry? Interesting...
That's pretty much a detailed first person account, no way that someone would just give away all that.
It's not like some is quoted saying what they examined and tested.

I think its more or less obvious. Haas presented their car and said that in Barcelona there will be new developements. So the first version(with small sidepods)was an early version. In Barcelona they had Ferrari-Style sidepods. Its obvious that Haas had tested both versions in the windtunnel and opted for Ferrari style sidepods. So i think its also obvious that Ferrari indeed had both versions tested in the windtunnel. Other things in this "fan-fiction", like that Ferrari is able to generate more vertical load, is definetely true in that regard that this is what other journalists also reported. And the telemetry data available also supports this. And that Ferrari had micro-sidepods tested in their wind-tunnel was already reported before it appeared on this website. Michael Schmidt from "auto, motor und sport" also said that, and this is usually very reliable. So i think its more than just "fan-fiction". Also its not like that, that you always need to quote someone from a team for a information to be true.

GrrG

David Sanchez (Ferrari): "We will bring a new fund that will allow us to take full advantage of the F1-75"

https://www.formu1a.uno/david-sanchez-f ... -la-f1-75/

Sevach
Sevach

Fund means floor btw.

Vanja #66

GrrG wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 10:54
David Sanchez (Ferrari): "We will bring a new fund that will allow us to take full advantage of the F1-75"

Nice to see Ferrari team is reading f1technical :mrgreen:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Sevach
Sevach

Vanja #66 wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 11:35
GrrG wrote:

Nice to see Ferrari team is reading f1technical :mrgreen:
In the article he also says the current floor sacrifices some performance to stay in the setup window, they plan for the next floor will fix that(in the medium term, so don't expect anything for Bahrain GP).

Timtim99
Timtim99

GrrG wrote:

Here is the Google translation of the article
https://www-formu1a-uno.translate.goog/ ... r_pto=wapp

codetower

Interesting article over at scuderiafans. Binotto says he doesn't feel the F1-75 is a race winning car yet.

https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-feels- ... -just-yet/
“I think that we always need to do a further step,” he said. “I think you cannot be self confident at all, and I think you need always to try to develop and improve yourself in Formula 1. We know that our competitors are very, very strong and have proved to be as well very fast. I’m expecting them to be ahead at the first race. For us it’s to try to challenge them as much as we can, and hopefully we can fight as well together with them, and that will be great at least for the start of the season. But then development will be key for the rest of the season.”

ferrarifire
ferrarifire

Ferrari is on par with Redbull or a little less and does not have any advantage in hand. The next major update is planned for US Grand Prix ( but Ferrari is trying hard to bring it to their home race) which will provide significant lap time advantage over RB . Till then RB may have a slight edge over Ferrari.
codetower wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 16:56
Interesting article over at scuderiafans. Binotto says he doesn't feel the F1-75 is a race winning car yet.

https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-feels- ... -just-yet/
“I think that we always need to do a further step,” he said. “I think you cannot be self confident at all, and I think you need always to try to develop and improve yourself in Formula 1. We know that our competitors are very, very strong and have proved to be as well very fast. I’m expecting them to be ahead at the first race. For us it’s to try to challenge them as much as we can, and hopefully we can fight as well together with them, and that will be great at least for the start of the season. But then development will be key for the rest of the season.”

wowgr8
wowgr8

ferrarifire wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 18:58
Ferrari is on par with Redbull or a little less and does not have any advantage in hand. The next major update is planned for US Grand Prix ( but Ferrari is trying hard to bring it to their home race) which will provide significant lap time advantage over RB . Till then RB may have a slight edge over Ferrari.
The USGP/Monza are ages away, the pecking order could look COMPLETELY different by then. Funo said the update is planned for around Australia time

F1ern
F1ern

wowgr8 wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 19:08
ferrarifire wrote:
The USGP/Monza are ages away, the pecking order could look COMPLETELY different by then. Funo said the update is planned for around Australia time
I think he ment Imola/Miami.

Henri
Henri

I want to see the full speed of this car in q3 😁

shamyakovic
shamyakovic

ferrarifire wrote:
I think ferrari have not showed their hands...according the news they ran their engine with very low power modes. I am guessing ferrari to be the faster out of the top 3

dialtone
dialtone

If Binotto says they won’t win races yet I believe him. I think Ferrari is certainly in the top 3 and could be very close to Merc and RBR. Nobody ran their engine full beans and certainly Ferrari could have held more back, or it could be just a bit weaker.

They will win races this year but have to fully solve porpoising first and it seems only RB was able to. That RB18 seemed on a carpet at the end of the main straight in Bahrain in the last 30 minutes, so they found the right aerodynamic and mechanic compromise.

I think it will be a good year.