2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: 2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

Balalu wrote:
16 Mar 2022, 17:31
Poor? Why? Very user friendly overall IMHO. Much better than Microsoft of Apple stuff.
Android and Chrome are thinly veiled spyware! There's a reason they are free ... you are the product and Google is selling your data.

People need to wake up to what Google and Facebook are doing.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2020/03/g ... etizes-and

FWIW, I work for a SaaS software company and Data Security and Privacy is something I pay close attention to.
"In downforce we trust"

Balalu
Balalu

djos wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 01:55
Balalu wrote:
Poor? Why? Very user friendly overall IMHO. Much better than Microsoft of Apple stuff.
Android and Chrome are thinly veiled spyware! There's a reason they are free ... you are the product and Google is selling your data.

FWIW, I work for a SaaS software company and Data Security and Privacy is something I pay close attention to.
Welcome to the internet...
"I showed him [with my hands] and said: I have bigger balls!” - Mika Hakkinen

djos

Balalu wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 02:15
djos wrote:

Not really, there are many options from:

1/ Using Firefox or Safari as your main computer browser
2/ Using an iPhone with Safari or Firefox and disabling apps from tracking you
3/ Installing known, quality, anti-tracking browser plugins like BitDefender (included in their AV suite)
4/ Configuring your router to use an encrypted, known good, 3rd party DNS provider (eg Cloudflare)

and so on.
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

Great get from Zak! Got nothing to hide so Google fine by me. 😁

Nivedanm
Nivedanm

Teams like McLaren and Williams, even the original Force India started purely as racing teams - with racing as their primary business; never mind the spin-offs, they are primarily racing teams. That can be said about Haas as well. Ferrari, AR, AMR, Renault and Mercedes are all originally automotive companies who came in to improve their road car brand image through racing success; and to use F1 to develop their tech prowess and to maybe test innovations. Racing and F1 are a natural fit for them.

But what is the primary purpose of RB and AT? Why are they in F1 in the first place? How do they fit into F1? They are here because of their brand positioning and marketing strategy! They basically use anything extreme - from record-breaking acrobatic flight teams and motocross stunts as avenues to put their brand on, so that people will associate everything extreme, risky, daring and awe-inspiring with the RB brand. F1 is one of those many marketing gimmicks for a mediocre drink. So, Marko can afford to have no sponsors at all; RB marketing team will keep bankrolling the team as long as it benefits the brand.

For every other team, having sponsors is crucial for their survival and success. By ridiculing McLaren and Zak, Dr. Marko is simply admitting their primary objective is to run expensive signboards to promote their own brands.
cliffgamerz wrote:
16 Mar 2022, 20:42
Helmut was right they ran on low fuel on first test to get sponsors :wink: , He might be crying now for saying that. Thank you Zak.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/f1/news-hel ... 22-testing.

proteus

djos wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 02:48
Balalu wrote:
djos wrote:

3/ Installing known, quality, anti-tracking browser plugins like BitDefender (included in their AV suite)
4/ Configuring your router to use an encrypted, known good, 3rd party DNS provider (eg Cloudflare)

and so on.
Every phone is a potentional spy device where goverments or hackers can listen what you say or see what you do. Same goes with modern cars. Sattelites can monitor your house. Does that mean u are using Nokia 3310 for calling with scrambler and drive 30 year old car while living in a bomb shelter? The fact of the matter is that we live in non free society, even though we are lied that we are free. And with that we went far from the topic.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

mwillems

djos wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 02:48
Balalu wrote:
djos wrote:

and so on.
Apple is one large money sucking ecosystem lol

All devices can profile and track you, but all have options to limit it but you will never get away from it. The worst aspect for me is the tailored news content otherwise known as tell you what you want to hear, responsible for much of today's polarisation of views.

As for tailored marketing and adverts, I simply never click on them.

I welcome them to the team, it's another step to sustained profitability if we aren't there already.

I imagine that Google could help us a lot with our technology.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

_cerber1

The topic is about the McLaren team, not conspiracy theories. It would be nice to clean it up.

mclaren111

djos wrote:
Balalu wrote:

Totally agree... I avoid them like the plague... :D

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Back on track please. This is all total booooollocks

Balalu
Balalu

mclaren111 wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 09:39
djos wrote:
Balalu wrote:

Me, on the other hand, if there is a google/android option, that is the one I choose every single time. To each his own I guess.

Let's get back on topic. McLaren landed a major sponsor. #fearlesslyforward
"I showed him [with my hands] and said: I have bigger balls!” - Mika Hakkinen

Emag
Emag

Its naive to think you have a choice when it comes to data privacy in this day and age. Whatever you do, you will end up using something that will collect data about you. Just get the things you like and enjoy. It makes zero difference in the end.

_cerber1

RIC is already in business

djos

Balalu wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 10:08
mclaren111 wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 09:39
djos wrote:

Me, on the other hand, if there is a google/android option, that is the one I choose every single time. To each his own I guess.

Let's get back on topic. McLaren landed a major sponsor. #fearlesslyforward
Ignorance is bliss right! 😜

I’m pleased Mclaren got a new big sponsor, I just have issues with Google’s business practices. The “Don’t be evil” motto got retired a long time ago for obvious reasons.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

_cerber1 wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 10:28
RIC is already in business
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOCXDndWUAA ... name=small
Great to see! 👍
"In downforce we trust"